Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.tv What would you do..?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
599
This morning I receive a SEDO e-mail with an offer on one of my TV names - a name I have had for some time and actually have plans for. The offer is for $250.

I think nothing of the offer, I'm not changing plans for a few pennies, so bounce back with $5000.

Same day I now find myself with further offers from other people - all on the same name and all lowball initialisers. I then discover a major (MAJOR) corporation has just acquired most of the other extensions in that name for their much talked about new product. The reach of the new name - if used - would be everywhere.

If you were in a similar position, would you still sell for $5000 if any of the SEDO bidders come back - or would you simply end discussions and get on with life - but at the same time being aware that you 'might' get a call from a corporation with a very big interest and recent trademark on your name.

Part of me says I should take the $5000 - as it is money in the bank in uncertain times - but another part of me thinks it might be a far more valuable name at a later date. Of course, nothing yet takes me away from carrying on with my plans for the original reason I bought the name.

What would others in this position do if faced with the same decision?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
no,:tri::hehe:

that was an offer :tri::lala:

roi is the profit:$: when you actually sell

i would offer 5k right now for the name:lala::

but that is still not roi:ghost::o::lala::lala:
 
0
•••
I hope you make the sale! $5000 for any regfee name is awesome! All the best!

:)

Marlowe
 
0
•••
Thanks Marlowe and everyone else. I've literally had more offers on this one name than any name I've ever owned, and some patently quite frantic in nature, but have decided that I really should get on with my original plans.

The name, and everyone except the dumb now know it but have the decency to keep it to themselves, seems to have brought the worst out in some people as well as the best in others. Thanks to all those who gave genuine advice.

May I add that Ray, Big Dipper, Argos, Tree, and Millers should be congratulated on a much earlier thread pointed out by Equity a few days ago...

http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv-appraisals-industry-news/504752-bing-tv.html

Perhaps I can end his thread and draw the world's attention to my latest site, which has an awesome list of the top 100 places to be in the USA
StoodThere The 100 Greatest Places in the USA List
 
0
•••
roi is the profit:$: when you actually sell

i would offer 5k right now for the name:lala::

but that is still not roi:ghost::o::lala::lala:


... the way I see it ... when he does sell

even if at the low end he will make a good return on investment :D
 
0
•••
Jimbo, I know exactly the name you're talking about & who this buyer is. I checked the whois of the .tv version of the name I thought it was & it's you.

$5k for this name & this company is like 5 cents to us. I would definately be holding out for a lot more from them. FYI, this company has also registered this name in IDN format in Japanese in .com & .net & .jp
 
Last edited:
0
•••
This big company also own ****tv.com
 
0
•••
Congrats Jimbo.......You're sitting with a royal flush, play it right and don't fall for the bluff. :)
 
0
•••
0
•••
Anything here of actual, meaningful substance ... would be greatly appreciated! :gl: :imho:

-Jeff B-)

Added: It's very quickly sounding more and more like unverifiable and desperate ".TV" fluFF to me! :| :snaphappy:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Holy mother of God ... Jimbo

judging by all the extensions and variations they took

... they will be hunting you down with cash congrats :laugh:
 
0
•••
Jimbo! That word has been in the news so much today, I've been reading all about it and just now reading this! Cheers!
 
0
•••
Perhaps I can end his thread and draw the world's attention to my latest site, which has an awesome list of the top 100 places to be in the USA
StoodThere The 100 Greatest Places in the USA List

That's actually a very good site, great concept, extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. And, it's interesting to boot. Nice site to get lost in for a while. User retention could be tens of minutes, or more.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't take off in a big way, with a little promotion.

..
 
0
•••
That's actually a very good site, great concept, extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. And, it's interesting to boot. Nice site to get lost in for a while. User retention could be tens of minutes, or more.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't take off in a big way, with a little promotion.

..

Thanks Rod.

We've already had a lot of media exposure and were actually in the LA TImes yesterday

Vote on world’s best places at StoodThere.com - Travel - LATimes.com
 
0
•••
congrats! you are sitting on a goldmine:)
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back