IT.COM

discuss What would you ask to Proxima B ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
As you know they discovered new Planet wich could have life only 4 lightyears away

so if there is life , what would you ask them ?

Proxima Centauri b (also called Proxima b is an exoplanet orbiting within the habitable zone of the red dwarf star Proxima Centauri, the closest star to the Sun.
It is located about 4.2 light-years (1.3 parsecs, 40 trillion km, or 25 trillion miles) from Earth in the constellation of Centaurus. It is the closest known exoplanet to the Solar System and the closest potentially habitable exoplanet known.

In August 2016, the European Southern Observatory announced the discovery of the planet.
Shortly after the discovery, researchers investigating the habitable potential of Proxima b suggested that the exoplanet may be the nearest possible location for life beyond our solar system.
Researchers believe that its proximity to Earth may offer an opportunity for robotic exploration of the planet in the future.

The planet was found using the radial velocity method, where periodical Doppler movements of spectral lines of the host star suggest an orbiting object. From these readings, the component of its velocity relative to the Earth is about 5 km/h (3 mph).

Pls leave your questions in the comment
Proxima_Centauri_and_its_planet_compared_to_the_Solar_System_cropped.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first question :

Is the truth out there ?

•••
4 lightyears is equal to a probe travels 70000 earth years to reach.

My question would be:

Instead of getting there, why don't we be kind to our environment and nature? Whats the point of getting there if we know the future is the same as earth if we don't tune down the use of plastics, and pollution?

•••
4 lightyears is equal to a probe travels 70000 earth years to reach.

My question would be:

Instead of getting there, why don't we be kind to our environment and nature? Whats the point of getting there if we know the future is the same as earth if we don't tune down the use of plastics, and pollution?

we dont need to go there
we can send light message ( laser )

:xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
My second question :

When do you come back ?

•••
•••
•••
Dear Proxima B,

Are you wet? Do you have crevasses and valleys for us to explore?

Let me know.

- Tim Meadows

•••
Are there any aesthetic landscape views on your planet and valuable resources?

Are there any lifeforms that we can put into slavery, manipulate, experiment on, eat, keep some as pets, mass murder 'pests', spy on, invade their privacy, take and destroy their habitats, ignore...?

•••
•••
My third question :

Can you take back Trump ?

•••
My fourth question :

What are you waiting for ?

•••
Any possibility of Proxima Centauri bians registering domains from earth in near future?

•••
•••
•••
It take 4years a message to get there and another 4years to get a response. This nano is sure super slow.

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back