NameSilo

discuss What will be the future for .wtf domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Guys,

What will be the future for .wtf domains?

Will be considered under adult category or fun category?

Dev

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Archangel,

I personally understood where you are coming from and I agree to a certain extend. .Coms will not go away, in fact, a new similar gTLD name with a .com name might compliment each other will only make .com more valuable.

However by stating you are 'professional' and then labeling those that do not agree with you as 'noobs who register' does not show any professionalism in you at all. You are just being another .com in the early domainer group that feel threatened by these new gTLDs to your existing .com names.

Many pioneer domain players have in fact registered new gTLDs and have seen potential in them besides having fantastic .com portfolios.

•••
You'd be correct in your assessment but there's a prob: I never once said or implied that. I truly do wish ppl would read closer and not jump to assumptions from screwy interpretations. I in no way feel threatened (why should I fear a Chihuahua?). The facts are what I said--and they are facts, not my opinions. And no, I've no idea where your labeling thing is coming from. Putting words in another's mouth only serves to make you look bad.

@Archangel,

However by stating you are 'professional' and then labeling those that do not agree with you as 'noobs who register' does not show any professionalism in you at all. You are just being another .com in the early domainer group that feel threatened by these new gTLDs to your existing .com names.

Many pioneer domain players have in fact registered new gTLDs and have seen potential in them besides having fantastic .com portfolios.

•••
If .name, .info, .biz, .mobi etc. haven't found traction after all these years, I'm not sure how having hundreds of new extensions will change the way ppl browse. In fact, I believe they'll only make the .com much more desirable. Trying to tell the users, "You have to remember all these new extensions--no exception!" will hurt. ppl will simply look at what they know opposed to trying to learn hundreds of extensions. And even to this day, ppl would type in historyinfo.com before history.info -- the new extensions benefit .com owners with free traffic & the registry from sucking money out of noobs who actually reg these things. Registries win, investors lose

Look at you wrote. Period. End of discussion

•••
Yes, it's what I've been preaching from the start. You're agreeing with me and at the same time trying to "prove" me wrong? You failed, end of discussion, movie's over, fade to black :) Man, noobies can be so thick-headed lol

Look at you wrote. Period. End of discussion

•••
ok peace and Merry Christmas

•••
you guys are still making threads like this.. pretending to act surprised? i imagine threads like this existed in the 90s with people were talking about "LOL I CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE MADE A SILLY WEBSITE LOL CHECK THIS OUT GUYS SILLYCATSWITHTHINGSONTHEM.COM"

heres the thing - you can argue its frivolous and unnecessary.. but WTF actually has meaning and is a pretty old internet acronym... it calls something into question by just saying: WTF... its like a question mark by itself almost. so just like you cant and shouldnt qualify the existence of every goofy website. nobody even tries.. a domain extension isnt so different.

now check out this totally crazy hamster dance website i found in my rocketmail account this morning......crazy website oh internet you

•••
I'm planning on developing Meme.wtf.
I don't think there's more domain to register in the .wtf tld.

•••
I have

Art.wtf and Beautiful.wtf

planning to develop it.

•••
I have SEO.WTF, makes perfect sense to me.

•••
•••
•••
namebio has 2 total sales recorded ( in 2016 & 2017 ) .with a dollar volume of 430$

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back