IT.COM

advice What to do with 54 niche related domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shady

Established Member
Impact
A friend of mine has got 54 domains in his business niche. Mostly potential keywords for his business, he had plans to rank each one of his domain but he his struggling to rank his business site at first.

What would you advice him?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Get a professional to do it for him :)

•••
•••
•••
He needs an SEO expert.
Yes, currently we have a guy working on the main domain.

We just didn't want to redirect the rest of the domain to his main site.

Is it better to sell them off?

•••
Yes, currently we have a guy working on the main domain.

We just didn't want to redirect the rest of the domain to his main site.

Is it better to sell them off?

I think he should ask himself why he has 54 domains in his niche market? What was the thinking behind obtaining these domains? Then to ask himself if any of them are required (except the main domain)? I think selling them off should be a last resort, because the most likely people to buy them are his competitors. So why not just redirect them to the main domain? Or if the registrations of $500+/yr is too much of an expense. Can they be whittled down, and drop the rest.

As you can see, I'm having to guess a lot because you haven't given much detail to go on.

•••
I think he should ask himself why he has 54 domains in his niche market? What was the thinking behind obtaining these domains? Then to ask himself if any of them are required (except the main domain)? I think selling them off should be a last resort, because the most likely people to buy them are his competitors. So why not just redirect them to the main domain? Or if the registrations of $500+/yr is too much of an expense. Can they be whittled down, and drop the rest.

As you can see, I'm having to guess a lot because you haven't given much detail to go on.

He is not a tech savvy guy, his initial intention was to dominate the entire market. So, he purchased all the keyword related domains. All his other domains have DR 0, I don't see a point in redirecting them.

I got an Idea, How about parking those domains for sale? We can up sell the domains and use the money to develop his main site? LOL

•••
He is not a tech savvy guy, his initial intention was to dominate the entire market. So, he purchased all the keyword related domains. All his other domains have DR 0, I don't see a point in redirecting them.

I got an Idea, How about parking those domains for sale? We can up sell the domains and use the money to develop his main site? LOL

Well at least he must have some funds if he doesn't see the $500+/year in renewals as a burden. What niche market is he in? Is it a new or an already well developed niche? You don't see the point of redirecting them for SEO purposes, for sure. But if these are truely all the keyword domains in his niche market, then I would still redirect them to the main domain, just to collect any visitors to those domains to the main domain, and at the same time prevent my competitors access and using these domains, in competition against me.

As I've said already. Why would I want to sell my best niche domains to my competition. It doesn't make any sense. At all. Any so-so domains I'd drop.

Re-reading your first post. I think I don't understand what "struggling to rank his business site at first" means. First in front of what? First in front all the other keyword domains he owns? Or to rank it first in the search results for that keyword? And whatever it means, Development and SEO of the main domain should fix both of those. Yes/No? Is his business domain not the EMD for his niche? Are there other EMD's for his niche, which he doesn't own, which are beating him? I was under the impression, that he had all the EMD's for his niche. Yes/No? I think you need to "flesh out" your information. Including examples or comparables to the main domain, and some of his most important other niche domains.

Last edited:
•••
I got your Idea and sorry for the half baked thread, thank you so much.

•••
I got your Idea and sorry for the half baked thread, thank you so much.

Glad I could be of help. I hope you now have all the information you need to move forward with this.

•••
If they are business related if you host them they will get traffic all depends on keyword combination. Content will rank the crappiest name so add content to a decent name and the business will come.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back