Dynadot

What to do with 50 domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jcashby

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

So I have about 50 domains and they are just sitting on my account wasting away.

I put most of them on Sedo, however, when I try and auction them off, the auction application always gets rejected. They make very little money from parking them on Sedo too.

I need some suggestions on what to do with them as I am very new to this and I want to make some use of them.

I want to know if it is worth creating a website for each of the domain names and selling them as the total package or if I decide to sell them, what would be the best mehod/website to sell on?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm sure there are plenty people with a much greater knowledge on this subject than me.

Regards,

James

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not an expert - but I feel that the domain has to be top quality in order for it to sell (for any decent amount)

I would find out which domains are your most valuable and delete the rest.

This site should give you an idea of the value...dnjournal.com

Also read the domain appraisal thread here on Namepros.

If you really like a couple of them - you could develop them and make some money from affiliate marketing or dropshipping.

In my opinion, the best domain names sell themselves.

Good luck!

•••
Thanks Avabelle,

I have some good ones, some average ones and some domain's I wasted my money on :)

I will try and develop a few of them, it just takes a long time.

Regards,

James

•••
Before you develop them you might want to open an account at Voodoo and park your domains there. They will pay you way better than Sedo Parking. You'll get a more "real world" feel for their parking value at Voodoo.

•••
Parking domains anywhere is a real hit or miss, nobody gives you true stats. Best to develop sites if at all possible.

•••
Thanks Avabelle,

I have some good ones, some average ones and some domain's I wasted my money on :)

I will try and develop a few of them, it just takes a long time.

Regards,

James

NO WORRIES WE ALL DID THAT AND STILL DOING!
Personally I am going to drop at least 50 of mine soo....

What I can tell you is to objectively try to evaluate yours, reading some statistics, check if the names actually make sense, if they can appeal a buyer etc.

I would suggest you NOT to pay much attention to the appraisals given here on the forum as many of them are BS

•••
As mentioned in this thread, try different parking providers.

For most members here, Sedo doesn't provide very good parking results.

If you still want to auction them off, and things aren't panning out at Sedo, you can try GoDaddy, which you can set at a lower start price, or even here on the forum's auction section.

Whether it's worth to develop, would be dependent on the quality of domains themselves and whether or not you can put the effort/resources into building them. When selling websites, buyers expect to see profitable stats.

•••
It's difficult to assess your chances of survival, if you don't post your domains here.

Can we see a sample of domains you own?

•••
I would suggest you NOT to pay much attention to the appraisals given here on the forum as many of them are BS
Research shows that the more opinions you get on a name's value, the closer you get to the truth.
So, DO pay attention to the appraisals here, keeping in mind that it is only a portion of the grand picture.
If you have some crap names, better to hear it from us, than to waste money on renewals and development costs.
If you have good names, you will get offers.

•••
True. If your domains are any good, you will get offers. Which means 99% of my domains are lousy and I should drop them :)

I've never had an offer on anything but a .com domain in six years in this business. So we should all drop all our non .com domains (I'm not kidding). I still buy the odd non .com.

Last edited:
•••
As most above said, put your domains in appraisal section so that we may get a look.
Move their parking over to Voodoo or ParkingCrew to see if they will generate any parking revenue.
And if you are certain that they are crap just let them drop or try to sell them of cheaply (2-3$) to regain something of regfee

•••
And if you are certain that they are crap just let them drop or try to sell them of cheaply (2-3$) to regain something of regfee
My Opinion: Never, ever sell a domain for $2 or $3, just drop them if they're junk. Selling a domain for a couple bucks (even in bulk) is pathetic and a huge waste of time, and likewise those who expect to buy domains for pennies are equally pathetic time wasters.

•••
The market will tell you if your domains are worth it or not.
Post them for sale - see if there is interest. If a domain is sitting listed for too long and no one is interested in it - drop it, clearly a waste.
But whether a domain is worth it or not is subjective. One man's garbage could be another man's gold :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back