IT.COM

question What time do domains drop?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

john888

Established Member
Impact
I can't remember if it is 2 or 3PM Eastern time. Also with the time change does the drop time change. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@john888 PM if you still looking for help , i will help you .

•••
Is it a secret or something? Why does he have to message you just to get the drop times?

Would be useful if someone could publicly post the times

•••
•••
1hour 30 minutes from now : .com's

•••
1. Open new account in https://.hexonet.net

2. Click on >> Domains >> Backorders

upload_2020-4-6_9-41-25.png

3. Click on >> Search Backorders

upload_2020-4-6_9-42-45.png

4. Click on >> Advanced Search

upload_2020-4-6_9-44-43.png

5. complete your settings then click on >> Submit

upload_2020-4-6_9-50-11.png

•••
If you like to receive list via email

upload_2020-4-6_10-2-28.png

upload_2020-4-6_10-4-32.png

upload_2020-4-6_10-5-17.png

Done

•••
@Almarri.Company
Hexonet's drop times are wrong for all extensions. Not sure where they get their list but it has never been correct in my experience.

•••
.COM & .NET 1.00pm to 2.15pm US Central Standard Time (CST) UTC-6 or UTC-5 (Summer)
.ORG 2.30pm to 3.30pm Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) UTC
.INFO 10.00am to 10.30am Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

•••
@Almarri.Company
Hexonet's drop times are wrong for all extensions. Not sure where they get their list but it has never been correct in my experience.

I agree with you however if they said the name will drop 6 UTC it will be 7 UTC with my experience with .company ext .

Wish best for all

•••
Thanks for the information re legacy drop times, @NameDeck

Does anyone know of a site that gives similar information for the new gTLDs?

I presume the country codes are all over the map since each decide for themselves.

Bob

•••
Never checked on ngTLDs but I would think each registry has the same droptime for all their TLDs. iow, all donuts names drop at the same time. Or maybe not, to spread the load :)

Would be interesting to know indeed. A simple matching of domains in the root zone at certain intervals would be an easy way to check I guess.

ccTLD are all over the place. Some drop all at ones (kinda) at a specific time while some drop during the day in a fairly random order.

It's best to check the registry information for each TLD you're working with.

Also keep in mind the daylight saving time changes. The drop time in your local time could shift an hour back or forward.

•••
Missed it. Dropcatch got it. To bad. 2 hours wasted. Looks like I need to set up a server 2 blocks from verisign to beat them.:xf.frown:

•••
Missed it. Dropcatch got it. To bad. 2 hours wasted. Looks like I need to set up a server 2 blocks from verisign to beat them.:xf.frown:

goodluck even with your own API/server you still won’t beat dropship.... it’s a gimmick

•••
catch.club seems to be a solution for issues with backorders.

•••
•••
What time does.co drops??

•••
Back