Domain Empire

advice What site have you had most success selling on?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlbyMangels

Impact
I have my domain portfolio listed with afternic but I am a newbie and really have no idea how to promote my domains. So I figured I would start a thread asking where people have had most success selling.

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have my domain portfolio listed with afternic but I am a newbie and really have no idea how to promote my domains. So I figured I would start a thread asking where people have had most success selling.

I'm sure experiences will vary among members here, but I've had the most success with Afternic. Them and Sedo are pretty much the most popular/well-known domain marketplaces. The nice thing about Afternic is that when you use their fast transfer service, potential buyers will be pointed toward your listing from dozens of different registrars if they search for your name. Sedo has this feature as well, but I don't believe they have an arrangement with GoDaddy, which gives Afternic a clear edge.

If you want the best chance at a sale, you also need to make sure you have a landing page set up for each domain name. This way potential buyers will see a clear message that the name is for sale when they navigate directly to it.

•••
Hi

for me, sales have come in following order:

direct email or phone contact via whois,
on domain forums or emails from members of them,
sedo,
uni,
my website
and a couple via voodoo and afternic

imo...

•••
most of my names are selling where they are pointing.

what i mean to say is that if your names are parked or redirects to afternic thats where most of your sales will come from.

•••
In terms of marketplaces, Afternic and Sedo for sure.

•••
Hi

for me, sales have come in following order:

direct email or phone contact via whois,
on domain forums or emails from members of them,
sedo,
uni,
my website
and a couple via voodoo and afternic

imo...
just checked your site. its awesome. a feedback though, one has to keep clicking to go to domains, would be nice if they could be categorised with some filters.

•••

hi @AlbyMangels , welcome to the exiting world of Domaining.
pointers have already been given by other members. ill just add my two cents. don't worry about best site.List domains in all market sites,most are free like dan, uni, epic, sedo, toughdomains etc. Have a lander using any of the Site(this step is a must). Rest spend lot of time reading old material here, the time spent doing that will be worth it. Best wishes

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back