.mobi What question would you ask mTLD?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
3,226
We have invited a representative from mTLD to join us at an upcoming .MOBI chat event. Part of what we would like to do is a moderated Q&A session with them, where you could ask questions in live chat within an interview-type format.

What questions would you have to ask them? Please post some here.

mTLD reps will see this thread, and the questions posted could help them decide who in their organization would be best to have participate with us.


RJ
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
ask what they make and foresee of the future release of .tel? and will .tel hold sites to the same 'standards'?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I would like to know how they are going to enforce the so called standards for .mobi sites. I mean how do they plan to do it and most importantly when do they plan start doing that.

GH
 
0
•••
Someone here may already have an answer to my question.

I would like to know if a dotMobi site can be developed to "detect" non-mobile device and present a PC-oriented web page? Of course, dotMobi format will be the "primary" format.

I think clarifying this point in the devGuide will allow dotMobi investors to gain some extra momentum, given that a limited number of dotCom sites are coded for mobile devices...

:)
 
0
•••
sf2010 said:
Someone here may already have an answer to my question.

I would like to know if a dotMobi site can be developed to "detect" non-mobile device and present a PC-oriented web page? Of course, dotMobi format will be the "primary" format.

I think clarifying this point in the devGuide will allow dotMobi investors to gain some extra momentum, given that a limited number of dotCom sites are coded for mobile devices...

:)

I'm assuming this would be alright, considering mtld.mobi does exactly that.
 
0
•••
I'm curious as to why they will only be auctioning an assortment of "premium mobis" at intervals w/the RFP process - won't this delay the development of premium mobi real estate? With hundreds (or thousands) of premium mobis on the list, this process could prevent .mobi getting to market and reaching critical mass --- and beyond the "early adopter" stage. So far I've been impressed with the order and restrictions, but I also see risks in not getting these mobis developed soon enough. There are great mobis in finance, multimedia, sports, telecom, dating, search, m-commerce, health, etc that need to get developed ASAP -- thnx, NT
 
0
•••
Thank you very much for creating this thread RJ.

My question:

What are the views of the Registry on PPC (pay per click) sites and Mobi?
 
0
•••
Default Extension

I would like to know the probability that .mobi will be the default extension on a mobile phone, and how hard the mobi admin and investors are pushing for this to be actualized.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Will .mobi be the default internet extension on the mobile phones made by the companies backing dotmobi (e.g. Nokia, Ericsson, Samsung, etc.)?
 
0
•••
I read on the FAQ of mltd.mobi that "Dotmobi intends to support Internationalised Domain Names (IDN)s in the future. More Information will follow when available."

-When will the information become available?
-For example, I registered cosmetiques.mobi. Is there a chance that I will be able to pre-register cosmétiques.mobi when this one becomes available? There are some french names I would like to register now (without the accent) and develop. However, I fear to develop such sites and miss the IDN later on. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Heres my question

"Will Mobile phones in the "near future" have its own .mobi search engine or keyword search in a .mobi type of browser?"

Happy Thanksgiving
 
Last edited:
0
•••
register

why not i'm just registering everyone i think is a good one, whats wrong with that??
 
0
•••
Another question (quite long, I apologize):

As I understand, .mobi is for mobile web, but , as long as you have a site which conforms to the .mobi standard for mobile web, you can have also have a full html website when someone connects to your .mobi site via a computer.

If .mobi becomes popular and mobile web becomes big, I think that someone with a successfull .mobi mobile site could have the incentive to also use its .mobi adress for a full website for computers.

I guess the goal of .mobi is not be a new extension for computers. However, if .mobi is widely marketed and successful, do you think that it would be possible or probable that .mobi would also be largely used for computers in the long term? Do you see this as non-desirable and unwanted? Or not a goal of .mobi but a possible consequence? Were some words put in the premium list because of such possible speculation?

(PS: my question is not to raise speculation, but to have a broad picture of who could have an interest that .mobi fails when I read opinions about .mobi; many thanks)
 
0
•••
Since the chat is today, one more question:

It appears that 2 letters .mobi cannot be registered. How do you expect big companies having a well-know .com website with two letters (for example HP) to deal with this? Thanks.
 
0
•••
fautebol said:
Since the chat is today, one more question:

It appears that 2 letters .mobi cannot be registered. How do you expect big companies having a well-know .com website with two letters (for example HP) to deal with this? Thanks.

I can answer that for you. They will probably just use a dash (-) inbetween their two letters.

Although I would love it if they allowed for two letter registrations.
 
0
•••
my question:


How do you forsee the public coming to know dot-mobi exists? Im referring to people outside of forums, blogs, and etc.. the average joe on the street that owns a cellphone or other mobile device. is there a synchronized marketing strategy in place?
 
0
•••
Here's my question:

Considering the following e-mail response to me from Sedo regarding their $150 minimum commission for .mobi sales, is there anything the registry can do or is doing to make .mobi domain transfers less "ambiguous"?

Thanks for your email.

I appreciate your suggestion. Unfortunately, at the time being, we will be
keeping the $150 commission on .mobi domain sales.

There is still quite a bit of ambiguity in regards of how to transfer .mobi
domains away from the registrar at which they reside to another registrar.

Registry guidelines are strict with a 60 day lock on a domain once it's been
registered. This means that a domain cannot be transferred out of a
registrar within 60 days of when it's been registered. Since the .mobi TLD
is so new, most .mobi domains are still locked in the 60 day lock mandated
by the .mobi registry. For this reason, we are keeping the $150 commission
at the moment, as the work put into transferring these domains is a bit more
complicated and time consuming than your generic .com domain transfer.

I hope this answers your question. Stay tuned as time goes by, and
this commission should hopefully be reduced as things get a little easier
regarding .mobi transfers.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'll be
happy to help.

Best Regards,

Monica Ibrahim
 
0
•••
I am trying to figure out how to ask a question. to staff. Originally my passsword got misprinted because I have some sticking keys on my keyboard, and I had to reset my password, so I don't know if any of my parked sites I originally posted under the old password got accepted. Where do I go to see my sites I posted and see my activity?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back