NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Every other subsection has this thread, this section deserves its own thread too.

Share your newly registered new gTLD domains.

Our count so far: 0 :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Come back in five years and laugh at him, or come back in five years and start wondering why you did not give his idea the benefit of the doubt.

It's been more than 5 years with other gTLD's, and I agree with matrigaldo, nobody is laughing, maybe a lot of "I told you so's" but never a laugh, I personally don't like seeing domainers losing their hard earned money, especially on something that's failed time and time again.

•••
•••
I guess all the bashers of the new gTLDs also think Google and Amazon are fools?
Remember .mobi ?
The backers: Visa, Nokia, Google... With the 'backing' of heavyweights like these .mobi couldn't fail right ? :laugh:

Anyway, some large companies might very well use their own corpTLDs, either for private use (intranet), or possibly publicly and even advertise them. But each TLD is a different case.

Now just because Google starts using .google or .whatever, doesn't mean that all the other extensions will appeal to the public at large. For instance, I still won't like .xyz or .hiv or whatever...

•••
Furthermore the chance, for Google, to have its own .google domain (and get paid for any registration) gives them the discretional power to decide to promote their domains on the search engine and then "forcing" all the businesses to pay for a .google registration (maybe just for forwarding).
This is the only scenario i see where a gTLD would become strong and rich. Together to a big corporation.

•••
CellPhone.Supply
Gemstone.Deals

•••
•••
wrestle/link along with wrestle/link/com

•••
Furthermore the chance, for Google, to have its own .google domain (and get paid for any registration) gives them the discretional power to decide to promote their domains on the search engine and then "forcing" all the businesses to pay for a .google registration (maybe just for forwarding).
And a big antitrust case coming their way, plus public backlash at the extortionist practices.

•••
•••
Picked up a few on the you never know basis,but small outlay.

Vegas.Loans

•••
Lets try to keep this thread on-topic with the new gTLDs you've registered. Please start a new thread for other gTLD debates.

•••
Who reg'd loansloans (.) loans? :xf.grin:

flightsflights (.) flights - wtf?:|

dealsdeals (.) deals :(

Last edited:
•••
happiness.recipes

santaclaus.land

•••
•••
Heliport.nyc
Desks.nyc

Please comment.

Last edited:
•••
tenn * attorney
tenn * lawyer

•••
I have grabbed tow .lawyer names today, sorry but keeping it to myself. I was wondering if lawyer is the more common term in america over attorney?

•••
U.S. is both but leans more attorney. UK etc.. I think lawyer works better from what I've read..

•••
U.S. is both but leans more attorney. UK etc.. I think lawyer works better from what I've read..

In the UK and some other countries they are referred to as Solicitors and Barristers.

•••
In the UK and some other countries they are referred to as Solicitors and Barristers.

Totally agree, that's why lawyer works better across the pond IMO..

•••
Can i get some opinions on attorney verse lawyer, from some American folk ,,,, thanks ( i do think attorney is probably more the norm but would like confirmation )

•••
Remember .mobi ?
The backers: Visa, Nokia, Google... With the 'backing' of heavyweights like these .mobi couldn't fail right ? :laugh:

It's the same tired out argument Kate, "Look at how many corporations are using them!"

You may remember the time I researched a long list of corporations that registered and used .Mobi, it was a list that Vision compiled to hype the extension, there must have been over 2 dozen recognized corporations on the list, and the result was that every Mobi domain (accept for one) either redirected to their dot com, was expired or was inactive.

Looking back, it would have been foolish for these corporations NOT to try and tap into the mobile market when mobile devices were booming, Traffic to these sites were disappointing and as a result they closed shop...For most of these corporations it was a marketing campaign, and not every one is a success, more than often they flop.. But for domain investors they didn't look at it that way, they saw corporate use of them as a transition away from dot com, remember the one fool who preached how many more mobile devices there were compared to desktops?

Sadly, the real fools are the ones who fabricate all kinds of reasons why a gTLD will be a success and ignore the reasons why they wont.

•••
Lets try to keep this thread on-topic with the new gTLDs you've registered. Please start a new thread for other gTLD debates.

•••
My apologies for not respecting the title of this thread, I don't think any of us were intentionally trying to hijack it.

Please feel free to post your gTLD investments.

•••
I own Arent / Cool

Tonnes of sub domain potential imo,

trolls / arent / cool
smokers / arent / cool
bullies / arent / cool
earthquakes / arent / cool
sports team name / arent / cool
zombies / arent / cool

etc ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back