Dynadot

What kind of PayPal account are using the webdesigners?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you are a webdesigner and you are selling your services to people, corporations and so on...what kind of payment service are you using to charge your clients? I have two options in mind - Paypal personal account and Paypal merchant (business) account. I know that the only difference between them is that with the second you can create invoices for your clients. Am I right? Which one would be the best to choose to integrate on my webdesign website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was using Personal Account before Paypal required me to upgrade to "Premier" because of the amount of transactions I have. Personal Account could only have up to 5 credit or debit card transactions per year + it has a transaction fee BUT when your payment is funded via Paypal, you will not have any fee at all. Premier are for the members who has many transactions, ( more than 5 credit/debit card payments a year ). Premier and Business account has fees, You could learn more about it here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside .

You could start using a Personal Account then wait for Paypal to have your account upgraded to Premier to save yourself from fees. :)

•••
Just go ahead and get a business account at paypal and be done with it.

•••
•••
Paypal personal account and Paypal merchant (business) account both are different and I know that the only difference between them is that with Paypal Personal account is individual and Paypal merchant (business) account are use in company, Body corporate and big organisation.
Its good to webdesigner selling services to people.
and I agree.

•••
Paypal Business account.

•••
I think that a freelance designer could use either Premier or Business account with PayPal. It does not make sense to use Personal.

•••
Get the paypal merchant account instead of personal account. It's much preferable because you are venturing for big business.

•••
•••
You would need a PAYPAL Business account for your business.

•••
I suggest that you have a verified paypal business account. There is a difference when it comes in sending and receiving cash. Personal paypal accounts has a cash out and receiving limit.

•••
For tax reasons, I would suggest getting a separate premium or business account at Paypal. It's simplifies everything immensely when doing the books.

•••
Use a business account and figure fees into your price. Nothing says, "I lack class" like trying to weasel out of 2.9%. If you're trying to cut corners with Paypal, what corners are you cutting on what I've hired you to do?

Another tip for those who deal with small payments under $10: Switch to micropayments. Instead of .30+2.9%, you pay .05+5%. For $5, instead of paying .65 you pay .30. At $10 you pay .55 instead of .59.

•••
For business purposes should go for upgraded versions like premier account which have no restrictions. Other wise basic version have very low limits.

•••
I've got a Premier account, but I don't even recall even being asked to upgrade my account or anything like that. It just happened :s

•••
^ @taker same thing here!

•••
Personal account is most reliable.

•••
I have a Premier Paypal Account for years now. Most clients are comfortable with this and it works pretty nice, especially since I have clients from all over the world. I also can receive money through bank transfers, but paypal seems to be faster and easier.

•••
•••
I'm using premium account and my clients send the payment as service.

•••
go for the business acount

•••
Depending on how big your business is, a premier account would suit you fine.

If you go for a business account, you need a bank account in that business's name to withdraw money.

Keep that in mind when choosing.

•••
Business acount is great.

•••
If you go for a business account, you need a bank account in that business's name to withdraw money.

Actually if you have the account number and routing number, you could transfer funds into any account name. For years my premier business account's name and the bank account did not match and I've never had issues.

Then again, I've been a member since before eBay acquired Paypal so it's possible I'm grandfathered in to a simpler account. I do still get the 1.5% cashback with my debit card too. :)

•••
You may use Premier or Business account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back