NameSilo

What is wrong with Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Majority of buyers don't make second offer.
Majority of those who buys domains don't pay.

Something at Sedo discourages buyers from making offers even after landing change.
Because after the first bid, they probably give information about buyers needlessly.

Sedo won't respect you unless you write a negative comment at Trustpilot, then they appear very kind etc.

Time to switch to Dan? or not yet?
How about not listing domains anywhere, and just create a landing page with contact info. Then would it be better: faster/more sales, because then seller wouldn't look desparate, buyer would work hard, and as justification for their hard work, pay more?

By the way, Dan doesn't work, unless domains are parked there. Zero leads, zero offers.
Godaddy/Afternic is better in this sense. For Godaddy, domains don't even need to be listed.
But then buyers don't pay, and buyer's info is not given to seller, which may imply that there was no real buyer, and everything was a fake/tease.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Sedo

Is Sedo on here? Bought a domain for 500 on oct 31st, i go to the transfer control panel today, and the domain sale was canceled by Sedo, and i was instructed to go to escrow.domains and it is asking me to pay again? wtf kind of game they playing?

Last edited:
•••
Is Sedo on here? Bought a domain for 500 on oct 31st, i go to the transfer control panel today, and the domain sale was canceled by Sedo, and i was instructed to go to escrow.domains and it is asking me to pay again? wtf kind of game they playing?

Hi Lochdhu,

Thanks for your comment.

Please send us the name of the domain involved so that we can look into whats going on with the transfer and get back to you. Alternatively if you email our transfers team via [email protected] then the transfer agent who is dealing with the transfer will email you an update.

All the best
Chris

•••
A suggestion for Sedo, and others..

Let me add a BIN (and change it anytime) without cancelling the original offer. This way I can "counter" without cancelling the last offer. It can work as a parallel counter-offering system. And the buyer should be informed about changes in BIN. Yesterday I posted a new thread about this idea. It would also make the buyer feel there is some competition, if done correctly.

Hi Topdom,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have forwarded this on to our developments team for consideration.

All the best
Chris

•••
Unfortunately I have had terrible success with closing sold domains on Sedo.
Sales of $7500
$3000
$2500
$2500
$2500
$3750
$4999
Of 7 sales of $2,500 or more. 1 was completed. 14% is not good.
It is horrible. Especially considering the thousands in fees I have paid to have domains featured. Which does help them sell but if you can't count on a reasonable percentage finalizing, what good is it.

Escrow needs to do more then just send a few emails which probably go to spam. Text should be no brainer. It is probably most peoples' preferred method. They should also make an attempt to call.

If they do not want to, give the info to me and I will.

Last edited:
•••
There is a traitor inside Sedo: there is no other explanation.

•••
Unfortunately I have had terrible success with closing sold domains on Sedo.
Sales of $7500
$3000
$2500
$2500
$2500
$3750
$4999
Of 7 sales of $2,500 or more. 1 was completed. 14% is not good.
It is horrible. Especially considering the thousands in fees I have paid to have domains featured. Which does help them sell but if you can't count on a reasonable percentage finalizing, what good is it.

Escrow needs to do more then just send a few emails which probably go to spam. Text should be no brainer. It is probably most peoples' preferred method. They should also make an attempt to call.

If they do not want to, give the info to me and I will.

Hi,

Thanks for your comment Mlebo, please provide us with the domain name of the successful transfer you mentioned and the year of sale so we can look into this for you? Alternatively email us at [email protected] from the email address registered with your Sedo account so that we can look into your account in greater detail and get back to you about it.

All the best Chris

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back