Dynadot

question What is Transfer - Push Only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mk53

Established Member
Impact
Hi , I am a recent member on namepros.
Wanted to know what does Transfer - Push Only mean and how does it work.
Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It likely means that the domain is less than 60 days old and can not be transferred (to another registrar) but only be pushed to another (user) account (at the same registrar).

•••
It likely means that the domain is less than 60 days old and can not be transferred (to another registrar) but only be pushed to another (user) account (at the same registrar).
Oh thanks 😊

•••
Transfer means - To another registrar (For that, you need to get auth code from the prev registrar, renewal will also be needed)

Push Only - To another account within same registrar (No auth code is needed and no renewal needed)

Push can be done within few minutes. Transfer takes time.

•••
So is it safe to pay from paypal and use push transfer right?

•••
So is it safe to pay from paypal and use push transfer right?

Not sure about how paypal works since i do not have an account. General rule of thumb is, if paypal is safe with regular transfer, then it is safe with push as well, if it is not safe with regular transfer, then it should not be safe with push transfer as well. So your question should be related to the paypal in separate thread instead of questions about type of domain transfers.

PS: This is not professional advice. Just an opinion, which can be wrong or different.

•••
The payment method has nothing to do with transfer or push.
It's all depend on who you are dealing with.
The safer method would be using third party service company like Escrow, Dan... if you don't know the buyer.

•••
Be aware that there are risks involved with using account push at the same registrar. That's why some buyers only want to do real transfers with AUTH-code - to another registrar. I want to refer to @DomainRecap's detailed posting, where you can read more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back