NameSilo

discuss What is the next Big Thing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FavourB

Established Member
Impact
My mind was roaming through some things pertaining to DOMAINING
And I started asking myself what is the next Big thing to come.

Back in the days no one new of blockchain
Or crypto but today we all know,
The early domain investors that are always on alert, got paid handsomely

What about the Libra era that is still in the air
Well all the 1st tier name pertaining to Libra has also gone to those that got early info.

We have seen so many era and probably most of us new starters missed out

Now am hoping on the future,
I really wish to hit the jackpot when the next big thing opens up like a flower

Jackpot like the owner of blockchain.com had before it blew.

So let's discuss what in your opinion from the way the world is changing is gonna be the next big thing.

For me i think 5G will be the next big thing
Whoever got 5G.com would be very lucky by then.

Lets hear your opinions:xf.grin: and make this fun

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Blockchain As A Service
AI-Led Automation
Quantum Computing AI Applications
Wireless Power
Mobile Payments
Commercial Shipping to space
Wearable devices
Ridiculously fast internet
Artificial Sun
People will be sending their own satellite.
Water Homes
Age of Nano Technology
Genetics

Personal satellites is a great one. Spaces/Elon Musk (ha) received FCCC approval to send 7300+ satellites into the atmosphere. Ole Musky's going to improve bandwidth so we can connect with AI.

It's not uncommon to now believe business needs will exceed that of natural human talent. So if you wish for employment, you'll need to still be competitive like everyone else, and that most likely means connecting (given the look of the innovation and funding space, your heads in the sand if you believe otherwise.)

•••
1st. Wearables
2nd. Implants
3rd. Self consciousness
In between those 3 "Big Data learning".

Just my humble opinion
Hope you're right on number 1. Thought it would of been by now.

•••
The next big thing is the same as the old big thing... a sale.

•••
the name of the next big thing is probably already registered

This is 100% true.
The article in this LINK was written Nov 2018 and includes every suggestion posted here and then some.
Some of you can get creative and grab tier 2,3 knock offs if you like.
Good luck

•••
Not about tech but about solutions!
I own these so obviously think these are some of the next big things.
Things like

SpatialAudio
VirtualTherapy
AiAssistant
ImmersiveSports
VRarcade

Etc.

Think about the solution, not about the tech :)

•••
Domains with "Futuristic" as the prefix.

•••
Ai and Quantum Computing.
Also Space Tech(s).

•••
•••
People have always attempted to predict the next big thing and then get in on it before everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. Very few people do this successfully because of two major limitations: the exponential rate of technological change experienced since World War II is mind-blowing literally and you do not just have to be smart enough to see the changes, you have to be smarter and quicker than everyone else. With that being said, these are my thoughts.

Humanity is on the precipice of a new era of technological change that will fundamentally alter the way that we live our lives. I believe 5G and artificial intelligence will be the vanguard technologies that allow for and shape the development of:

- edge computing

- AR/VR/XR wearables

- complex genetic editing

- Advanced haptic/4D/full immersion technology

- smarter sex tech and teledildonics

- IoT everywhere and in everything

- FinTech/DeFi

and perhaps even true artificial general intelligence (AGI).

Again, this is only my opinion. You can also throw darts at a dart board and potentially be just as accurate. We shall see as we enter this new decade.
Well I got 2 of those rolled into one.
XRgenetics

Here's hoping

•••
Here's the latest on Elon Musk's BCI ( Brain Computer Interface) initiative:

I have a couple of BCI and brain domains if you're interested. ;)

•••
I believe these will be the next big things considering the pandemic and current situations,

1. Quick medical support and instant diagnosis

2. Remote work culture and work from home jobs

3. Virtual reality based next generation e-commerce

4. Mental health services and mindfulness

5. Blockchain based fintech startups

6. Disruptive ways of delivering Health insurance

7. Internet of things for end consumer products

8. Home Automation and smart appliances for homes

9. Audio books and curated content platforms

10. E-learning, masterclasses, skill development ventures in third world countries

Hope you find this information helpful.

Warm Regards.

•••
Flying cars...

1.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Defying gravity tech (floating), eyewear (interactive), general repair and maintenance networking (monthly subscription based services)

•••
The next big thing is AI and Blockchain combination, it will be smarter than the AI that based on search engine, 3D printing will get faster and faster, a lot of jobs about manufacturing will be replaced by machine so creation and designer will be more important, a lot of people will be working at home either small virtual office, people will have more time to travel around, so I guess .ai(artificial intelligence) and .travel and .xyz(personal design intimate) will be a big thing come up.
Finally, people will look like alien that have long finger and big head.

Hahahaha :xf.grin:
Yeah I think Ai, but I don't see it being as big as 5G
My own opinion

•••
•••
Future tech and alternative/natural medication

•••
Just like your Dp
emoney

Well let's hope it really does
Yep 😁 Just waiting for the FCA to confirm which Crypto fall into the category ‘eMoney Tokens’.

•••
wearables looks like it has ended as far as domaining is concerned now.

It hasn't even begun yet, I expected that from a newb not from you. Record sales will be reported in the wearable/implantable niche.

The wearable device market is expected to nearly quadruple by 2022, from 118 million units in 2016 to 430 million, according to the market intelligence company Tractica. SOURCE

Wear1.jpg

Cell phones will soon be implanted in your earlobe. (Earables)
Elderly wear devices that monitor heart, blood, cancer.
I checked yesterday after posting several links, there's plenty of great domain names still available.

•••
Legal Tech would always require a personal touch or a lawyer/attorney to backup those terms, agreements, contracts, etc imo
Yes, but where you may have had to have a few attorneys from begging to end, now you may need just one or two. Similar to how a paper-mill works now, or perhaps your Amazon warehouse:

•••
IVG in vitro gametogenesis

Here are some articles:

We are now on the brink of another revolution in reproduction, one that could make IVF look quaint. Through an emerging technology called in vitro gametogenesis (or IVG), scientists are learning how to convert adult human cells—taken perhaps from the inside of a cheek or from a piece of skin on the arm—into artificial gametes, lab-made eggs and sperm, that could be combined to create an embryo and then be implanted in a womb.
https://www.wired.com/story/reverse-infertility/

Get Ready for Same-Sex Reproduction
When artificial sperm and eggs become a reality, the sex of your baby-making partner won’t matter.

A developing technology known as IVG, short for in-vitro gametogenesis, could make it possible for same-sex couples to conceive a baby out of their own genetic material and no one else’s. They’d do this by having cells in their own bodies turned into sperm or egg cells.

https://medium.com/neodotlife/same-sex-reproduction-artificial-gametes-2739206aa4c0

•••
•••
Will wait for the right offer to come or might build around it.

Don't build anything on that if your planning to sell. These corporations prefer clean slates when they spend big money.
IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back