IT.COM

What Is The Longest Domain That You Own?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
You know you've done it. You want the domain but it is so doggone long, you know you probably won't ever get a buyer, yet you hover the pointer over the buy button until you finally say heck with it and register an entirely too long domain.

So, what did you register? What incredibly long domain do you own? Just one, don't be listing multiples, just pop that one domain in here, and explain why you did it.

For me, it is a domain I just picked up, which is why I am posting here:

ElectricWalkingBikes.com - Saw an ad on facebook about a new type of bicycle, where you take steps on the frame and it helps power the bike. WalkingBike and the plural are taken and electricwalkingbike the singular is taken, so I registered the plural. Why, I don't know, but maybe if the niche grows I can flip it. It isn't embarrassingly long, but longer than what I usually register.

And you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Cultural / Resource / Management (com) - 26 characters

•••
A few years ago one of my longest domains actually sold, and believe it or not it was a .net lol:

CaliforniaLowCostAutoInsurance.net (5 words / 30 char)

Last edited:
•••
commercial computing .com

19 Character long

•••
WhenTheGoingGetsToughTheToughGetGoing.com

Regged on a whim, but I plan to drop it!

•••
Transformation//
Automation//
in King.

•••
accelerating automation . com

•••
Great names guys, pretty impressive what can be done with the right combination of a multitude of characters/words. I like the rolling thunder effect with the alliterative and rhymers especially, they take some of the lengthy stress off the name.

(y)

•••
•••
It depends if you count the TLD characters or not. For total length ....
nanotechnology.solutions (14+9=23 for total length)
If only counting left of dot, I think my longest is
ProspectorServices.com (18+3).
Thanks for thread.
Bob

•••
one / source / property / services / .com

•••
12 characters maximum in my personal situation

Does size matters ... ;)

GLTA

•••
Is buying long domains worth it? It seems from the Namebio list posted earlier, most of the sales aren't for high amounts, and those are the ones that sold! I have been filtering names when buying or bidding at either 15 or 20 characters since it didn't see worth holding onto long names, but should I be expanding my horizons?

•••
Just have domains shorter and shorter :xf.smile:

•••
Is buying long domains worth it? It seems from the Namebio list posted earlier, most of the sales aren't for high amounts, and those are the ones that sold! I have been filtering names when buying or bidding at either 15 or 20 characters since it didn't see worth holding onto long names, but should I be expanding my horizons?

Depends.

Buy for 10 and waiting for 5 digit offers may not work out every time.

Buy for 10 and sell for 3 digits has higher probability. Depends on name of course.

•••
It really depends on the domain asset. None are created equal and each niche dictates which Longtails will potentially have liquidity in the present or future (long hold).

Most Longtails have an incubation period of at least a decade (10 yrs), just like many shorter two-word assets do, as well. And even then, its hit or miss.

A lot of times, longtails are simply novelty investments with a hope of liquidity in the long run game. Others, are lead generators playing on seo/sem strategies to get a product or service to page 1 of the search index for the purpose of capturing leads.

The higher valued Longtail sales reports are generally developed assets with history, backlinks, traffic. Da, pa. Etc..to justify the investment for an end user looking to add a portal to their network for more leads.

But again, there are a lot of different variables at play and each investor does things differently.

What works for one may not work for another.

In my opinion, anyways.

•••
It really depends on the domain asset. None are created equal and each niche dictates which Longtails will potentially have liquidity in the present or future (long hold).

Most Longtails have an incubation period of at least a decade (10 yrs), just like many shorter two-word assets do, as well. And even then, its hit or miss.

A lot of times, longtails are simply novelty investments with a hope of liquidity in the long run game. Others, are lead generators playing on seo/sem strategies to get a product or service to page 1 of the search index for the purpose of capturing leads.

The higher valued Longtail sales reports are generally developed assets with history, backlinks, traffic. Da, pa. Etc..to justify the investment for an end user looking to add a portal to their network for more leads.

But again, there are a lot of different variables at play and each investor does things differently.

What works for one may not work for another.

In my opinion, anyways.

So,

It is subjective, in a nutshell.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Do have;

longest.domains + longestdomains.com - a little "hall of fame" of sorts of some of the worlds first longest domain names ever created. ;) Should update it more often but you know how it goes..

I find long domain names tickles peoples fancy every couple years or so.. a cyclic thing like the 80's. For further chuckles, registered this one which set me back a whole 77 characters (including TLD):

TheOfficialAbsoluteLongestDomainNameRegisteredOnTheWorldWideWeb.International

•••
•••
•••
Applied/Knowledge/Bank (.com)
20 char

•••
Your thread inspired me to check some valuations of names posted:
SearchEngineOptimization . com gives over 17k at GD
Talking about seo strategies ... but this one is probably a rare exception ....

•••
Back