IT.COM

What Is The Longest Domain That You Own?

NameSilo
Watch
You know you've done it. You want the domain but it is so doggone long, you know you probably won't ever get a buyer, yet you hover the pointer over the buy button until you finally say heck with it and register an entirely too long domain.

So, what did you register? What incredibly long domain do you own? Just one, don't be listing multiples, just pop that one domain in here, and explain why you did it.

For me, it is a domain I just picked up, which is why I am posting here:

ElectricWalkingBikes.com - Saw an ad on facebook about a new type of bicycle, where you take steps on the frame and it helps power the bike. WalkingBike and the plural are taken and electricwalkingbike the singular is taken, so I registered the plural. Why, I don't know, but maybe if the niche grows I can flip it. It isn't embarrassingly long, but longer than what I usually register.

And you?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
projectknightsec.com - 16 char

- grab it because cheap (lol) and have high DA and want to sell bl.
- avail for guest post also lol
- note: all stories before, is not me, I am the second owner (I think)

•••
•••
Addiction Journal inking 16 char and for some reason it has direct traffic.

•••
•••
It wouldn't surprise me if the most desirable/valuable domains that are long (i.e. 20+ characters) are insurance-related, given that the word "insurance" is 9 characters.

Hi

i can agree with that

sold : illinoisautoinsurance.com @ 5 figures, years ago on sedo

imo...

•••
•••
MindYourOwnDamnBusiness dot com
InnocentUntilProvenGuilty dot com

Among others =)

•••
17 characters, exactly EMD of a fast growing industriy that emerged last years. I expect high demand in the next 5-10 years.
Don't want to share since I'm worried this can endanger future deals. Recieved in the past really heterogeneous opinions (from $0 to $20k).

Last edited:
•••

Hi
that's quite a pertinent name in today's times.

as, from the protest expressions of oppression, injustice and racial inequities,
many feel as if they are being seen as "guilty or suspect, first",
then have to prove their innocence.... if they survive the ordeal, later.

and in some occasions, when bystanders ask questions, they get told the exact phrase below.

just saying....

imo....

•••
You know you've done it. You want the domain but it is so doggone long, you know you probably won't ever get a buyer, yet you hover the pointer over the buy button until you finally say heck with it and register an entirely too long domain.

So, what did you register? What incredibly long domain do you own? Just one, don't be listing multiples, just pop that one domain in here, and explain why you did it.

For me, it is a domain I just picked up, which is why I am posting here:

ElectricWalkingBikes.com - Saw an ad on facebook about a new type of bicycle, where you take steps on the frame and it helps power the bike. WalkingBike and the plural are taken and electricwalkingbike the singular is taken, so I registered the plural. Why, I don't know, but maybe if the niche grows I can flip it. It isn't embarrassingly long, but longer than what I usually register.

And you?
MakeSomethingHappen.com....not only is my longest, it's also the oldest being registered September 1st, 2001....it's a real antique:xf.smile:

•••
One of mine is: LocalAutoSalvageYards.com - regged in 2010, developed it, and just keep paying renewal every year.

It did ok with adsense back then and around 2014/15 google algorithms pounded it.

So I removed all ppc from it and decided to use it as an aged/authority backlink site for other projects, to help them move up the index ladder.

It still gets organic traffic, just not as much as a decade ago. Its more of a novelty for me now with backlink juice. Some day I may expand it more than 7 pages. :)

Added note: I also still own: SanAntonioLogoDesigner.com which still sends me design leads from time to time. It was thumped in algorithm changes over the years, too.

Last edited:
•••
garlicmachinery /com
15 characters

•••
DevOpsAssessment . com

TheWebMarketingAgency .com

CertifiedInternalAuditor .com

•••

Among others =)
I -love- mind your own damn business, that made me chuckle. Honestly, if that showed up in deleted lists.....

•••
One of mine is: LocalAutoSalvageYards.com - regged in 2010, developed it, and just keep paying renewal every year.

It did ok with adsense back then and around 2014/15 google algorithms pounded it.

So I removed all ppc from it and decided to use it as an aged/authority backlink site for other projects, to help them move up the index ladder.

It still gets organic traffic, just not as much as a decade ago. Its more of a novelty for me now with backlink juice. Some day I may expand it more than 7 pages. :)

Added note: I also still own: SanAntonioLogoDesigner.com which still sends me design leads from time to time. It was thumped in algorithm changes over the years, too.

Like the auction lists on your site, I bookmarked one of them. Years ago I used to buy pallets of returns and salvaged items, cleaned them up and worked on them for resale. It was physically rewarding to bring items back to life and then make some money off of them. I even picked up Pallet.Auction a while back thinking someday I will resell pallets of goods.

Last edited:
•••
Like the auction lists on your site, I bookmarked one of them. Years ago I used to buy pallets of returns and salvaged items, cleaned them up and worked on them for resale. It was physically rewarding to bring items back to life and then make some money off of them. I even picked up Pallet.Auction a while back thinking someday I will resell pallets of goods.
I did too. Won a 1985 Ford f150 with a tool box bed for $250 and used that to pick up gov/mil pallets I won. Broke them down, researched, inventoried, and resold individually on ebay back in 2003. My best month was snagging a mil maint. Lot of new urinals for $50 and ended up flipping the lot for a $10k return in 30 days.

Doing all the loading and unloading was a pain. Then after a few broken in shipping returns I decided to end that chapter of my life. Was fun while it lasted, but very physically demanding with larger lots.

Anyways, that's what motivated me to dev that site.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I did too. Won a 1985 Ford f150 with a tool box bed for $250 and used that to pick up gov/mil pallets I won. Broke them down, researched, inventoried, and resold individually on ebay back in 2003. My best month was snagging a mil maint. Lot of new urinals for $50 and ended up flipping the lot for a $10k return in 30 days.

Doing all the loading and unloading was a pain. Then after a few broken in shipping returns I decided to end that chapter of my life. Was fun while it lasted, but very physically demanding with larger lots.

Anyways, that's what motivated me to dev that site.

There's a show on now called Extreme Unboxing, kind of like that, they are buying pallets of stuff for resale. I'm sure it is staged like Storage Wars, but I might watch someday.

•••
•••
MakeSomethingHappen.com....not only is my longest, it's also the oldest being registered September 1st, 2001....it's a real antique:xf.smile:

In domaining years that's almost as old as me, lol.

•••
•••
•••
BeingConfidence.com
HollywoodQuant.com
WashingtonQuant.com

•••
111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.com
interesting!

Only have one
DecentralizedNaming.com 19 characters

Last edited: