IT.COM

debate What is the future name of Bitcoin ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the future name of Bitcoin ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Bitcoin

votes
    87.5%
  • BTC

votes
    0.0%
  • Satoshi

votes
    0.0%
  • Toshi

vote
    12.5%
  • Other

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
my best guess is that Bitcoin will lose his name
It’s to complicated

The next generation will say : where do you got your ‘’toshis’’

What ya think ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Bitcoin is the perfect name for it. It's relatively short and easy to say. It has tons of name recognition built around it. The current developers aren't really the true creators as the owner is unknown and probably dead. How would the name be changed if there is no true owner? Besides, the name Satoshi is actually already used to refer to the unit of a bitcoin.

•••
I think Bitcoin is the perfect name for it. It's relatively short and easy to say. It has tons of name recognition built around it. The current developers aren't really the true creators as the owner is unknown and probably dead. How would the name be changed if there is no true owner? Besides, the name Satoshi is actually already used to refer to the unit of a bitcoin.
Yes

I feel the future generations will say ,,toshis,,

•••
•••
Dollars are still dollars notwithstanding bucks lettuce cabbage bones paper Benjamins dough etc. etc.

Bitcoin will be no different. Might be some slang terms derived for it but it will remain...bitcoin.

•••
Dollars are still dollars notwithstanding bucks lettuce cabbage bones paper Benjamins dough etc. etc.

Bitcoin will be no different. Might be some slang terms derived for it but it will remain...bitcoin.
say Bitcoin loud
say Toshi loud

what is easier?
there is an Evolution

Toshi is much easier to speak than bitcoin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back