IT.COM

question What is the biggest pain point for you in the domain industry? Help.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone.
Aron here.
I'm working on something -- but want to see if my assumptions are correct.
I am not even going to mention my project - I don't want to force answers on you.

WHAT is the biggest pain point you face with domains?

Open ended question here. :D
Feel free to elaborate WHY this is a problem and WHAT you've tried to remedy it.

I'm looking to hear about SUPER DIFFICULT problems you face.
Perhaps what I am working on is the solution. I'll announce that later.

Thanks!
Aron
Napkin.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

The biggest pain point for me now:​

Wait when buyer will uesd Authorization Code and confirm Escrow ( I send him code 2 weeks ago !!! )
Wait for next sale, as I need to cashout ASAP (already droped prices and ready to do more for bulk, but it's holidays pause or so).

Anyway thanks @Napkin.com for this post.
I wish more gain with less pain in 2023+ to all
maxresdefault.jpg

•••
for me personally the biggest trouble are the inconclusive buyers with whom you reach an agreement and end up not paying and not honoring the deal.
200% Agree.
I had it few times too.
They just waste time, especiallly if it was an aution.

•••
Side note I only continued because of passion. It fits me like a glove and I know I will be retiring well from it. I do alright, probably 100% ROI overall in 2022 but still it's not where I thought it will be.

Edit: If I had banked on Bitcoin, I would have been far better now.
Well, it depends when you banked on it. When it was $200 or $2000 sure.
When it was $65,000...not so much.

A lot of people lost huge sums of money buying around the peak. More people bought it around the peak periods, that is why it was the peak.

Brad

•••
@Napkin.com - feel free to DM me for an opinion if you want on what you are building. Glad to help.

Been in tech startups for a bit, had different experiences and learnt a lot.

(removed extra comment as realized it's offtopic)

Last edited:
•••
Well, it depends when you banked on it. When it was $200 or $2000 sure.
When it was $65,000...not so much.

A lot of people lost huge sums of money buying around the peak. More people bought it around the peak periods, that is why it was the peak.

Brad

I had 50 BTC and instead of buying more, I sold it. Got about $1K for them.

Comments are not needed. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
  • Consistent sales and cashflow.
  • Finding brandable domains that can sell for reasonable prices.

•••
@Napkin.com - feel free to DM me for an opinion if you want on what you are building. Glad to help.

Been in tech startups for a bit, had different experiences and learnt a lot.

(removed extra comment as realized it's offtopic)
will do soon. just working on a few things now :D thanks!
info AT napkin.com is my email if you want to discuss sometime.

•••
My biggest pain is no alternative to Bodis

Second point: premium domain price for alternative tlds. It's an obstacle to the growth of alternatives to .com domains.

•••
There are 2 HUGE problems I found lately:
- Being able to get liquidity, without feeling like you've got ripped off. So an auction platform where you can finish a deal within 7-14 days for a 10-15% fee.
- Conflict of interest. This industry won't go to the next level if we won't hold everyone accountable.

Just to give 2 examples:
Sedo: I tried selling a domain on their monthly auction where you have to submit your domains, and my domain got rejected. I know for a fact this is a conflict of interest because I can easily sell this domain for $2k+ here and yet they accepted TENS of trash domains that aren't even worth their reg fee.
GoDaddy: They boast about how they redesigned their auction to make it better for everyone, yet when I did a close inspection I discovered how they STILL prioritize their 'expiring auctions' above 'public auctions', so if you're listing anything there you're going to get ~15% of the exposure when compared to an 'expiring auction'.
You are right. This is common among the brandable marketplaces.

•••
You are right. This is common among the brandable marketplaces.
what do you think the answer is?
namejet seems to have a huge user base and they accept submissions...

anything lower quality than NJ accepts likely won't have bidders, right?
curious to hear thoughts on this.

Last edited:
•••
The biggest pain for me is paid transfers. I am used to the .pl model where transfers are free, so when I buy or catch a domain, I just transfer it to my registrar of choice right away, so it's easy to manage and organize the domains. With other TLDs it's a pain to maintain the portfolio.

•••
🇺🇦 Hello & Greetings from Ukraine 🇺🇦

I saw you domains few years ago. My ex-boyfriend was showing to me your names, other super premiums, when i due first steps on domaining.

Right now we have only one problem in Ukraine - mister Putler... all the problems because of him, there is no light, heat, you don't know every day going to bed whether there will be tomorrow.

Best Regards
Tatiana

Last edited:
•••
One Selects a domain name that's available and title is not own by a registered individual, instead the Registrar declares and per-qualifies the selected available domain as a premium domain at a premium price of purchase.

•••
Time i renew names i feel i only thought of a few months ago yes getting old but keep finding surprises did nothing with.

•••
•••
For me, it's non payers and bots in the auctions. Had multiple non payers at dan this year & the auctions now remind me of that movie Mars Attacks

•••
•••
I guess for me is holding back on a DN for the right buyer. Is it priced too high? Am I being overly optimistic? Should I have accepted that offer? Did I leave money on the table? That domain I dropped, is now developed, damn.

•••
Unrealistic pricing. Seriously. It comes with the territory but it's so annoying when you get a 100k ask on a price request when the superior alternative is listed at low xxxxx. Bin.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back