NameSilo

What Is The Best Host? What Is Your Opinion About Hostgator.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What Is The Best Host? What Is Your Opinion About Hostgator.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hostgator is actually a good host. Good uptime, friendly and fast support. Yes, they do oversell a lot but after having hosted them for few months, I am happy with their uptime and speed which is what ultimately matters.

•••
I have heard good things about them so far. :)

•••
Ive been with them for about a year now without any probs to date. Im using 30gb of space and last months bandwidth usage hit 300gb.

•••
A best host should have good quality of services they offer. Support should be satisfactory to the customers and techs should be really knowledgeable. Over all a best host is that which makes less head aches for their customers. Last but not least there is no such thing like a best host generally but there is host which is best for you with respect to your requirements.
Regarding Host gator i have no real experiences but heard a lot about them.

•••
havent tried hostgator, but I was in a fix between hostgator and webhostingpad. and i went on with webhosting pad. I think they are pretty good, and very reasonable too! Thought my contribution will help!

•••
Hostgator is one of the biggest web hosts now. But I have seen several nagative feedbacks, so far some people not happy. That is truth they cannot be good for everyone.

•••
it has a good affiliate program in place as well.

•••
Yes but for affiliate program you need to have web site hosted somwhere and it must be relevant to the web hosting demand.

•••
yup, you can join their affiliate program and earn money without being hosted with them.

•••
Yes I mean that you need to have web site to place there affiliate links

•••
theuniverse, Hostgator is not alone.
Try to compare them with others. At least compare not go with.

•••
i highly recommend it. reliable host.

•••
I have used 3 different hosts including Godaddy, in the end, I found Hostgator to be the best among others where Godaddy is the worst hosting provider in my opinion.

•••
angilina said:
I have used 3 different hosts including Godaddy, in the end, I found Hostgator to be the best among others where Godaddy is the worst hosting provider in my opinion.

There is no doubt about it, hosting from GoDaddy is horrible. Worst host ever... maybe, i put it right there with site5 hosting for two worst hosting companies.

they do get mixed Hostgator Customer Reviews however, but when you're a big company you won't please everyone

•••
In my humble opinion, it is better to deal with an average company instead of big one. Have a look at Ayksolutions.com because this reliable and honest company will provide you with qualitative and uninterrupted hosting and support services on favorable terms.

•••
It doesn't matter how big web hosting company is really. Big web hosting company is not company with poor services and vice versa

•••
I've got to know that Hostgator has doubtful reputation and as for me, it will be better to deal with an average (so to say middle-sized) company, for instance, like exmasters.com - it will suit your needs at not very expensive price.

Last edited:
•••
I used Hostgator in the past but their customer service just doesn't seem to be what it once was :( Some hostgator reviews.

•••
Well HostGator is just a big company that reals in big $$ each month

They are definately overselling and do not allow many sites such as proxies and file hosts.

I would recommend a smaller company such as ServerPoint or others who are posting on these forums as they would be happy to help you and provide help. Most providers on NamePros forum esspically regulars are for sure not overselling.

There is no "best" host just one that suites your purposes. For example a static page and/or maybe simple forum would go well on host gator but file and resource hugry sites will just get kicked by the HostGator team.

Good day :)

•••
You should read this thread there described possible problem you may have with hostgator...

This company has both positive and negative reviews and feedbacks...

•••
I think that everyone here have own favorites and that is good. As for ideal web host that is utopia.

•••
Host gator is the best web hosting company. They provided great support and a great web hosting package. Also it offers 24/7/365 toll free support.They have an active forum which helps in fixing most normal issues. Support tickets are fast, often response will be made in less couple of hours.

•••
Host gator is the best web hosting company. They provided great support and a great web hosting package. Also it offers 24/7/365 toll free support.They have an active forum which helps in fixing most normal issues. Support tickets are fast, often response will be made in less couple of hours.
Yes man they do what they should. That is the must for web hosting company ;)

•••
I prefer middle sized providers, that is the reason why I do not use hostgator. I'd rather go with something like ahosting.biz, or maybe site5.com, or... doesn't matter - this is only my position.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back