NameSilo

debate What is Open Bank ? ( Banking )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you own Open Bank ( Banking ) domains ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    28.6%
  • No

votes
    42.9%
  • I go for it

vote
    14.3%
  • Other

vote
    14.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
What is Open Bank ? ( Banking )

Open banking is a financial services term as part of financial technology that refers to:[1]

1. The use of open APIs that enable third-party developers to build applications and services around the financial institution.
  2. Greater financial transparency options for account holders ranging from open data to private data.
  3. The use of open-source technology to achieve the above.[2]
Open banking, as a concept could be considered as a subspecies to the open innovation concept, a term promoted by Henry Chesbrough. It is linked to shifts in attitudes towards the issue of data ownership illustrated by regulations such as GDPR and concepts such as the Open Data movement.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_banking

The Question is :

h4qg32q7.png.jpeg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess you are referring to open banking, like the wikipedia you are linking to.
Because OpenBank is a trademark in the USA and in the European Union.
Just my 2 cents.

•••
OpenBank: a well known Spanish (and European) banking institution. Owned by Santander group. The only association that came to mind when I saw this thread.

Last edited:
•••
MyOpenbank.com huge business since years

•••
I guess you are referring to open banking, like the wikipedia you are linking to.
Because OpenBank is a trademark in the USA and in the European Union.
Just my 2 cents.
Guess if it trademarked, then care should be taken to avoid legal issues

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back