NameSilo

What is NamePros stance on Tm domains ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
Various forums and domain name platforms have a clear stance on obvious Tm infringeing domain names being offered for sale on their sites, and the number seems to be increasing.
Having read the forum rules, I can't find any mention of this subject here at Namepros.
Hence, my question, What is Namepros stance on Tm infringeing domain names.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well the TM names are tricky. We usually deal with them on a case by case basis. We are not the TM police, however, when we see that there is a blatant bad faith issue then we step in.

•••
Thanks for your response NPQueen.
These are the ones I am talking about. The thing that concerns me is the number of longstanding members who try to justify these and offer ways to circumnavigate the laws. Excuses like 'I know that they have a trademark but they don't actively protect it' and 'redirect the domain to one of your other sites' or 'just carry on using it until you get a C&D, then just let them have the domain'. I see blatant Tm domains for sale in the various forums, and although the policies say they are not allowed, it seems that the policies are implemented on a selective basis usually by the members' status rather than the obvious implications of the domain name ( Not talking about NPs here). This of course perpetuates the registration of Tm domains especially by noobs who are confused as to who to believe. I just think that a strong stance on this type of thing would take NPs a step higher than the others, and enhance the professional image of the forum. :imho:

•••
Just reviewing some of the older threads here, when you see things like that taking place PLEASE use the report feature. We do not want our members being taught out in our public forums how to do those types of things.

Thank you by the way for your input!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back