Domain Empire

What is HugeDomains policy on negotiating prices?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just seeing if anyone had any inside info on if HugeDomains had a typical percentage they will go down on domains (outside of high end domains).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some NP members reported that they do not negotiate... If there is an inquiry - they'd rather increase the price, or mark the domain as "never delete" instead.

•••
They don’t. If you try they’ll never drop and raise the price after your attempt to purchase.

•••
In my experience they do not negotiate.

•••
Yep. I've experienced that personally. Even if you offer close to their asking price, the price goes up. It's a nice strategy. I wish I could do that. Well, I suppose I could. But I'd probably go broke :(

•••
I inquired way back and was quoted a $400 discount on a 2.5k domain if I made the purchase that day.

This was a number of years back so I don't know if it applies today.

I also bought a domain through Afternic and they got me a discount from Huge Domains as well.

So it can be done, I suppose it's who you get on the line or who you deal with that matters.

•••
2 years ago they offered me a $200 discount.

•••
I react much the same way as HD does...my price will go up if negotiations fail and the name is added to my 'never drop' list.

•••
I react much the same way as HD does...my price will go up if negotiations fail and the name is added to my 'never drop' list.

Never is a long time, someone once said that to me on a soso domain I needed to complete a set. I waited patiently for 4 years and the domain was dropped. I picked it up because it was a .net and made no sense for anyone but me to own. I had the set and this guy held it just to sell to me.

He had a few choice words for me after I picked it up :xf.laugh:

•••
Never is a long time, someone once said that to me on a soso domain I needed to complete a set. I waited patiently for 4 years and the domain was dropped. I picked it up because it was a .net and made no sense for anyone but me to own. I had the set and this guy held it just to sell to me.

He had a few choice words for me after I picked it up :xf.laugh:

True...never is a long time :xf.smile:

I only have a few 'never' names in this folder but in the event of a complete portfolio sale, they too would be included.

•••
From their FAQ:

"Are the prices listed on HugeDomains.com negotiable and does HugeDomains
accept offers?
HugeDomains will always consider your offer; however, our pricing may or may not be negotiable, depending upon the domain itself. The value of a domain is based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to: comparable sales, the length of the domain, and the meaning behind the name itself. When approaching HugeDomains with an offer, you are asking us to manually review the price of the domain. In doing so, we may determine that we are willing to accept less than our asking price. In some cases, we will determine that we are not willing to accept less than our asking price, and on the rare occasion, we will discover that our asking price is too low."

Personal experience:

Just did a whois search on an expired domain once and they not only renewed it but also doubled the price :)

Last edited:
•••
There is a domain I want that is owned by HD in the $2000 to $2300 price range. It is a niche type domain. Huge Domains seems to syndicate at least a subset of their names to GoDaddy Auctions. I noticed that for this particular name it has a minimum offer requirement of $800.

Do you guys think I should try to offer $800 on GD or do you guys think that it will backfire and HD will request an even higher price?

•••
I can't say for their GoDaddy Auctions. But if you offer on their website, they generally put the price up. I'm pretty sure that if you go with their minimum bid, their counter will probably be the same as on their website. Counter that offer, and I suspect the price would then go up. I have no concrete evidence. But it would be what I would predict would happen. Feel free to make their minimum bid. You can be the one to test their strategy. Assuming you are prepared to pay their minimum bid for that domain. Please report back the result if you do decide to bid.

•••
If anyone at HD reads this thread, we can probably bet they won't negotiate anything :)

•••
Feel free to make their minimum bid. You can be the one to test their strategy. Assuming you are prepared to pay their minimum bid for that domain. Please report back the result if you do decide to bid.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. After thinking about this I've decided that I am NOT going to attempt to negotiate with Huge Domains. It seems that at best they will take off $200 and that's if you are lucky. If they want to be nasty they could even increase the price making it unaffordable for me. When I am ready to purchase with cash in hand, I'm just going to give in to their BIN.

In other news today, this was reported today by DomainGang.com, 100% true:

#HugeDomains sold the emotionally charged #domain name, F*ckChina.com
Posted by DomainGang on April 13, 2020, at 7:03 pm

Price: (given the best info that we have): $5,295

Source: https://domaingang.com/domain-news/hugedomains-sold-the-emotionally-charged-domain-name-fuckchina-com/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back