IT.COM

domain What is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.best ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cyril.Best

Established Member
.Best Staff
Impact
Hi,

I am interested to know what is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.Best ?

Hotels.com was sold about $11M in 2001 and we just received a proposal of $1M for Hotels.Best + Hotel.Best.

"Best Hotel" is a +40M searches / month.

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Cyril.Best

Please explain this extremely irresponsible and inaccurate post that you made:

Let me give you few ideas of what I would register (if I was on the domainer side) before the others :

Get the list of all 300 US big cities : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
+ top 100 world big cities in population (London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Mexico, Rio, ...)

And then, I would register :

1. cities+hotel.best (ex : vegashotel.best, miamihotel.best, nychotel.best, ...)
2. cities+restaurant.best
3. cities+realestate.best
4. cities+lawyer.best

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

You are directly telling my fellow NPers that they should go and register many many of your .BEST domains because these domains "should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket".

Please justify that last statement. Where do you get this "minimum value of $500" crap from?

•••
You are directly telling my fellow NPers that they should go and register many many of your .BEST domains because these domains "should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket".

Please justify that last statement. Where do you get this "minimum value of $500" crap from?

I have a problem with the same comment. $500 is just some arbitrary number pulled from some random place. That is nothing more than a sales pitch.

If you want to make comments like that they really need to be in the advertising or promotion sections.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Cyril.Best truly believe in you. I am following this .best from last 2 years (Deepak Patel- Twitter) even before your team purchased it. I have registered "Wedding.best" in 2017 almost 2 years back didn't have any idea about .best plan so from last 2 years i am following each and every single updates about .best and not because i have reg some domains but because your team has that potentials to change the game for this TLD.

In-fact i still remember the interview with PeopleBrowsr he told "We failed to grow this extension at certain level but we believe in Cyril's team. They have plan so they never fail" and after that .best team handled everything step by step. I never accept that Cyril is here for instant growth OR just for trading purpose. That is wrong. He has plan for something. Just think about if in case some domains sold for $1M then what? You all are asking for proof right. I have sold my domain "Wedding.best" i received 3 offers $1k, $20k and $38k from uniregistry market. You can directly confirm with uniregistry marketplace if you want and deal is about to finalise soon or might not & i will give the proof also if happens. See please at least give time to explain someone. Here i see people bombarding even without thinking single second. That's not acceptable.

I don't know about other but i truly believe this extension will boom the domain market. Will take time for people to understand but it will for sure.
You encourage me @ctoc . Thank you.
And how about your Wedding.best? is it sold for $38K?
Good Luck...

•••
Congrats, Friend...
IMO, take $20K sell. And make first record of selling .best for great price...
Actually that is the best advice i received but we expect our minimum and if not then we have plan for our self. Lets see.

•••
Hi,

I am interested to know what is for you the the value of Hotels.Best/Hotel.Best ?

Hotels.com was sold about $11M in 2001 and we just received a proposal of $1M for Hotels.Best + Hotel.Best.

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF

This is not true. Search volume for best hotel is only 22K, not 40M.

And no one searches for "hotel best" of course.

And, by the way, top hotel is searched 18K per month, so not much different from best hotel.

•••
I think that before anyone can judge on the final valuation, you should read this post that was just share recently by Bob :
https://domaininvesting.com/bbc-hotels-com-domain-name-originally-bought-for-11-million/

It will help understand the psychology of a such deal and why we are analyzing everything before giving our final approval to the buyer.

From the article: “In 2001 the company purchased the name Hotels.com for around $11m and at the time this was thought to be “a crazy sum of money”. Now we look back and think, what a bargain,”

I know that most of you think that we are crazy, take the money and run but whe you have no money pression you understand the time play for you.

What seems crazy is always a subjective question and also related to a period of time when you are not in the seat of the buyer.

I could give you hundreds of examples in different type of business and industry :

- I remember when Facebook bought instagram for $1B
- I remember when Facebook bought whatsapp for $19B

I don't know if all of you know the story of what happened but one month before accepting the deal of $19B, whatsapp CEO (Jan Koum) refuse an offer from facebook of $1B.

And what seems crazy ($19B) at the time of whatsapp acquisition is now the new strategy of facebook that was announced recently by Zuck.

So like I said, when you don't know the buyer plan, what they can do with hotels.best in terms of business, and are just considering the intrinsec value of the asset, you can't really estimate the value.

I don't blame anybody here coz I did the same most of the time when I am buying something but when you know the plans of your buyer and the real business potential of your asset then it's not the same and this is why we are still in the position of analyzing every aspect of the deal.

Just to explain our mindset right now.

•••
$1M Ohh. That's awsum. .best deservs it. I believe every human being on earth speaks this word "BEST" once in everydayy.

bdw who's the buyer? Deal is done?

•••
Not sure why you doing this. Should be finalizing the deal instead.

Big mistake on the part of the " buyer " , but good for you you in terms of making it happen.

•••
Not sure why you doing this. Should be finalizing the deal instead.

Big mistake on the part of the " buyer " , but good for you you in terms of making it happen.
I really don't think big mistake from buyer part. Big organisation have big plans of course. $1M Offering person definitely not will be from local organisation. Its worth spending if there is strong plan ahead.

•••
You're not wrong from your way but you are actually on wrong track. Domain valuation depends upon the data not the imaginary. You just can't value something which you like the most because that actually not the truth for market. There are thousands of domains sold for 6-7 figures in market which was valued very less before it sold. From my research i have seen wedding.best got offer of 25K-38K or many (You can confirm with uniregistry marketplace) instead of "best.wedding" is available to purchase with very less value compare to that but the buyer has some different prospective for every different name. You just cant be sure in domain market. Its all depends on data.

Thank you for getting me back on the right track.

•••
Thanks for releasing more premium crap
Why reserve them in first place ? Greed?
Finger people would have FOMO

YOur gonna be put to the test here, and everything gets analysed. You gonna end up like .boston .fun giggle glggle
.xyz was a real winner ya

I predict failure for the.best of the.best

•••
Well my truthful answer is I don't know :xf.cool:! (as never handled any super premium names)

I think the offer that you have in hand is a very good one. Yes, hotels in (com) valued significantly more, but I think that is a bit different as it could be (and is) used for a direct booking service, while the .best one is probably better suited to a review site, perhaps.

I think a lot of the value would depend on whether the .best social media platform becomes as big as you hope/plan, or well anywhere near it. If it does achieve that, then this name would easily be worth the offer price in my opinion.

I do agree with those that point out that the aesthetics are a little awkward (reversed from how would be said if we had a .hotels extension). If you look at the other $300k + sales they all have the wording in the preferred way.

Nonetheless hotels are a huge business and domains should also go for large figures.

As you well know, a $1 million sale would be by a factor of 2 higher than any other new gTLD sale to date and a huge accomplishment for .best.

The very best wishes for both this name and .best in general.

All the best :xf.smile:

Bob

•••
Cyril the Salesman said it, so by golly it MUST be true!

Not like he has anything to gain by hordes of desperate domainers accepting his unsubstantiated (and frankly unbelieveable) CLAIMS as "fact"...............

Sad that this sh*t is allowed on NP!

Snake-oil_salesman_Professor_Thaddeus_Schmidlap_at_Enchanted_Springs_Ranch%2C_Boerne%2C_Texas%2C_USA_28650a.jpg

Sad to see your comment.

•••
Hi,

besthotel.jpg

Thanks

CF
This is the Best News for .Best.
Congratulation @Cyril.Best

•••
If the $1M deal is finalized or somewhat finalized, then why are you posting the domain to the appraisal section of NP?

This thread smells like a publicity stunt for the .best TLD more than a genuine request for an appraisal, IMHO.
I think you should read the thread from start again. Cyril clearly mentioned "We are just in a process to check the real value on the market coz gap is big between".

And .best is not the competitor of any tld it acts like complimentary with .com .. please research then comment.

•••
This thread smells like a publicity stunt for the .best TLD more than a genuine request for an appraisal, IMHO.

Cyril the Salesman is on NP for one reason: to PUMP his junk extension by spreading complete bullshit!

In another thread, this SALESMAN is falsly telling newbies that "Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99"

Let me give you few ideas of what I would register (if I was on the domainer side) before the others :

Get the list of all 300 US big cities : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
+ top 100 world big cities in population (London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Mexico, Rio, ...)

And then, I would register :

1. cities+hotel.best (ex : vegashotel.best, miamihotel.best, nychotel.best, ...)
2. cities+restaurant.best
3. cities+realestate.best
4. cities+lawyer.best

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

It's VERY unfortunate that NamePros is allowing this here!

Apparently ANYTHING GOES now..........?

Last edited:
•••
Cyril the Salesman is on NP for one reason: to PUMP his junk extension by spreading complete bullsh*t!

In another thread, this SALESMAN is falsly telling newbies that "Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99"

It's VERY unfortunate that NamePros is allowing this here!

Apparently ANYTHING GOES now..........?
Your each and every comments is not sensible. Please create some productive content. Zero ;) i am actually shocked why namepros is allowing this.

•••
Wawawa - cool down everybody - and sorry to join so late the party.

1st - nobody here in NP is working for me or for the .best and nobody here has anything to wins on the .best except myself so please cool down.

2nd, if you want me to delete some stuff, just ask and I will if it hurts your feelings.

3rd, you should know one thing that it's OK if you want to insult me but please be courageous and give your real name and identity that is much fair for the rest of the game.

•••
@Eric Lyon

plz clean up and or move this thread and ensure that namepros remains a source of accurate and valuable info for all. ty.

Last edited:
•••
Why all this side talk? just give him an appraisal regardless of the offer he is talking about

hotels.best / hotel.best value:

Resller: xx to low xxx
End User: low to mid x,xxx

Last edited:
•••
https://www.namepros.com/members/herry-plaz.1021667/

What happened to Herry?

He was only with us a short time :xf.cry:

Seriously @Eric Lyon why did the second .best supporter get the boot. :fishy:

5 years this extension has been around?

https://namestat.org/best

Whois.com wants $100 a pop
Dynadot $2

You wanted appraisal for Hotel.best
$50
I would seal that deal asap before your buyer reads this thread:xf.rolleyes:

Also Cyril, why take so long to join namepros. Never heard of us?
Looks like your selling 6 a day over 4+ years.

Renewals $70 this is sad

•••
I am just waiting for appraisal from professional. I rejected $1k and $20k offer. I don't no what exactly the value is but finger cross. Thank you my friend.
Congrats, Friend...
IMO, take $20K sell. And make first record of selling .best for great price...

•••
Actually that is the best advice i received but we expect our minimum and if not then we have plan for our self. Lets see.
Good Luck, Friend...

•••
I own home.condos and get About 333,000,000 on Google. Will you buy that for 1 Million?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back