Dynadot

What if all the extensions are already taken except one?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

austinemarks

Established Member
Impact
hello guys nd ladies, was just wondering why it must be .com names only. I stumbled into a one word name recently but all other extensions have been taken except for (dot info). so should I reg it or still look around for other dot com.

Pls kindly advise. still new in this domain stuff

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Selling domains even in .COM is not easy. I once had a client with a seven-figure IT budget which I discovered was hand regging newbie-quality domains for new projects. They had the resources to spend five figures on a suitable name but the person in charge placed little value on branding. We are still years away from a tipping point where end users uniformly view domain names as internet real estate and valuable tools for promoting a company's products and services. Thus, most domain registrations for resale are in vain. Even before new TLDs, typical industry turnover was around 1%. It is likely less than 1% now as low-budget developers and small businesses have a myriad of choices which did not exist previously. Also, many investors who were buying aftermarket domains have decided to spend their resources on the latest TLD release. After the launch of hundreds of new extensions, all those new domains now have to be renewed. So there are limited funds for buying anything else.

While I have had a few dozen .Info domains over the years I have NEVER sold one so I cannot recommend buying .INFO unless it is for development.

•••
no matter what extension I am sure it have value! as long ppl search that keywords on google, and have thousand or ten thousands searcher per month! I am sure they have value! for example keywords insurance.info or insurance.top, or xyz, or what ever extension is!
but if you want to sell it, that could be a different story :) but end user probably will buy it! as long the price are quite reasonable! :) for example, insurance.info! list on afternic or sedo, with $100, I am sure some ppl will pres BIN button! :) but to be honest, I never found one keywords! if I found them, I will not hesitate to register! but with one condition, ppl type that keywords on Google, at least 5k or more!

if dats d case I should consider "tunis dot us" a good buy...
after all it's one word with other extensions taken.

•••
if dats d case I should consider "tunis dot us" a good buy...
after all it's one word with other extensions taken.
except dot us I guess! cause using dot us, you can't go anywhere! and its really hard to get rangking outside US! cause dot us, mean geo targeting, and its auto On G webmaster, you can't change that! maybe for tankinis dot us, or planter dot us,that have popular keywords in US, maybe have chance, but problems, is US ppl don't like dot us, cause it sound cheap and old!
its not easy I guess

•••
@MR Harrist Do you mean 5K exact match searches per month?

•••
•••
•••
ok, my bad again :) but there's a lot of dot us that have high search, we only need to dig in more deeper :)

•••
Seems short, one keyword .info domains are still fetching $.
idea.info

This is one of the keywords with the most exact match searches Ive seen in a while:
zuma.io

•••
Tunis dot us has over 10k monthly search...
or am I missing it?

•••
Tunis dot us has over 10k monthly search...
or am I missing it?

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match - [tunis]
Monthly Searches: 75,625

•••

OK, Wats d difference?
what's d step I contacting end users?

•••
•••
I had good experience once I was dealing with one of my .net domain. I was negotiating on a price with end user and I just checked that domain in other extensions and .org was available for hand register.

I immediately booked it and offered to client in my ongoing negotiation, end user doubled his offer and I accepted it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back