Dynadot

opinion Do you ever feel awkward to register .com? If all other extensions are available?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr.Natwarlal

Grow with usTop Member
Impact
Hi,

When you register .com domains do you feel awkward while registering when all other extensions are available?

And what is your opinion if all domains are taken except .com? I mean do you buy any domain just because all other extensions are taken?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
bumping thread with spell correction..

Do you ever feel awkward to register .com? If all other extensions are available?

•••
No, because .COM is still king. For the majority of the .COM I have sold to end-users, the other extensions are available and they still buy he .COM.

•••
I feel awkward registering anything but .com

•••
Some names fit .net when pronounced. Like "Save from net". They would love to use "savefrom.net" rather than .com. Funny enough, the dot com is still parked which means if you had owned it, flipping it for a good pay might just be hard. Same for "ship from net".
Some names tend to be better for .org, depending on the service.

•••
If the .com isn't taken and it's arguably a generic or can put to different use than the .net, I would personally grab it. It was their loss to not realize it may have dropped.

I am in brand protection and I try to claim .com/.net/.org for authoritative sites. This is because I can do a 302 (temporary redirect) to the .com, until I want a permanent website that differs from the .com and can be put to another use.

•••
If it's keyword domain and at least one of the lesser extensions is developed, there is likely some value to it. If none of the other extensions is developed, you can' t be sure ....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back