Dynadot

information What I have learned because of Coronavirus/NCOV/Covid-19.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys,
Really panicking now because of this coronavirus now in my "backyard" NYC.

I live in Jersey City NJ which is one PATH train ride from NYC. Many from Jersey City who live in Jersey City commute daily to work. Many work in the areas where people that were found to be infected were said to be located or said to have "walked around".

So here's what I've learned.

1. The Coronavirus can survive for 6-9 days on surfaces.
2. Can pass thru eyes but less likely but it is possible. But main mode of transmission is nose and mouth,
3. Washing hands is best defense. When it doubt. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE.
4. Keep clorox wipes or wet wipes handy.
5.If you live in an apartment or condo complex. how do you keep any potential contaminants from entering your home? Think about it. Someone sneezes or coughs. All of that lands on floor/street and you walk on it. Then get home and now track all that lovely Coronavirus on your floor. Now if you have no rug. Great just mop with bleach and water mix. Imagine doing this daily? but if you have rug? what then?

Solution? take off shoes before entering any part of your home you plan on walking barefoot on. if you live in apartment or condo what then? for now I keep disinfectant spray by the door. I spray the bottom of my sneakers or shoes. Of course can't leave my Jordan's or YEEZY's outside in the hallway. SOMEONE WILL STEAL THEM. So I put then in a plastic bin or the old shoebox or garbage bag and bring inside. Dont bring too far into your home though. keep it by the door.

6. I have learned from medical friends that when they were on internship in foreign countries where supplies were low the best way to decontaminate equipment and in some cases masks was to soak them in a mixture of 1-2 tablespoons of bleach (not ammonia) with 4 cups of water if you need more. do the math and if you worry about stains don't soak for more than 5 minutes.

7. In NYC, there seems to be this divide between people who feel they should wear masks or not wear masks. I wore a mask in NYC and people were looking at me like I was crazy. You have no idea the looks I got. There seems to be this understood notion now because of the MEDIA that if you wear a masks it's because YOU ARE SICK. ME? I have 78 year old mother. I'm here only caregiver. I see her everyday. I cannot afford the luxury of risking my life just because I want to "look cool" and not paranoid by not wearing a mask. I had one guy change seats because I sat down next to him on the train.

8. There seems to be this popular opinion that Masks don't work. I agree they probably don't since they did say this virus can enter thru your eyes. So wear Goggles? I tried that but I soon realized it's pointless too because either they will fog up and you can't see where you are going so then you gotta take them off.

9 Stay clear of any situation where you must be "around people". Trains. Buses. Starbucks. Mcdonalds. the Mall. The only one I can think of that you are forced to go is the Supermarket but even then you can probably order groceries online now.

10. Stockpile meds if you have pre-existing condition like me and my Diabetes. or my mother with her heart. Contact your doctor now and request to get clearance to have filled at least 3 to 6 months of meds and have it cleared for pick up at the pharmacy from your insurance company. if they deny you sue them.

11. I bought a box of 50 N95 masks because the washable reusable ones are out of stock and won't get a restock until april. Don't ask me how much they cost. Very expensive. But my plan was waste money on it just so I'm covered till when the washable ones are available. I preordered one for each person in my life I care about mom, my girlfriend and her parents.

Here's what I learned about Masks. The best option is the washable masks. Please note the washable masks still need the N95 to N99 Activated Carbon Filters. These won't help unless you get the filters. Be sure you get N95 - N99. I would spend the extra couple bucks and get N99.

There are many options for cloth masks. the best ones I like are the ones where it has a velcro option in the back plus the ear loops but most important is make sure it has the nose clip option so that it is sealed in the nose area.

THE MAIN ISSUE I do have with these mask options is the FACT that ALL of them even the ones you can buy from AMAZON will come from CHINA. lol I was even tempted to buy from Alibaba for masks and save money because the masks on Amazon were selling for $29-$49 each. I mean they are ALL going to come from CHINA anyway.

My plan would have been to put on the mask I bought. Take the package I got from China oustside. Spray the crap out of it wear gloves.

and take the masks out and soak in that bleach mix I told you about earlier. and then rinse in boiling hot water.

the only problem now is that those N95-N99 Filters ALSO COME FROM CHINA.

If you don't trust buying the washable masks from China you can always go to your tailor and have one custom made. Make sure the fabric you use is NON-WOVEN.

https://mustsharenews.com/cloth-face-mask/

12. Any guys with beards. Sorry hipsters you will need to shave it all off because face masks can't fit right with a beard and would be pointless. Also while we are on the subject of hair? Nose hairs? umm quit cutting those. They are actually going to help you filter out stuff. no hairs in nose? more risk. just simple maths.

14. (noticed I skipped a number? lol) What about clothing? coat? pants? shirt? everything? basically whatever you wear outside is at risk for contanmination. Imagine you buy all this stuff to protect your face and someone coughs around you. you are covered in the face and then you come home throw away your mask and Goggles and then keep your clothes and hang them on a hook or throw them on your bed or couch? or floor? you literally need like "dirty room" in your house. but if you don't have a big house just an apartment. How do you make a "dirty room"? In the "dirty room" you can undress and thru your clothes in a bag and change to your house clothes. Some people come home and just stay in their outside clothes. I never liked this idea. In your average day you sit on ":dirty" chairs or rub up against "dirty" people or get sneezed or coughed on and then you bring all that into your home? on your bead or couch that you later lay your face on? Crazy!

15. I learned not to shake hands or open does with hands.

16. Going to public bathroom? after wash hands. if there is paper towels use that to open the handle and then kick open.

17. Eating out? Forget that. Buy your food take it home take food out of containers and throw them out and put food in your own cleaned plates. I don't use utensils from outside. Best thing now is to minimize exposure. So go to grocery and buy all the food you will need and just cook at home. That way you only have to sanitize once when you come home.

18. I don't use cash anymore. just my mobile phone or credit card to pay. Cash is the best way to transmit a virus. you can never know who was the last person to touch that money.

19. work from home if and when you can.

20. Train or bus is packed? Mayor of New york says take the next one and don't get on a super packed train where you are arm and arm next to someone. That's just asking for trouble.

21. The supposed distance for staying clear of someone who might have this virus is 6 feet.

22. As far domainers are concerned, I'm happy to say that depending on whether we do domaining full time. It's actually the perfect job right now because we can work from home or anywhere else and not have to commute and risk getting sick.

23. Get plenty of rest and sleep to keep your immune system strong.

24. Can't find handsanitizers? if you can buy Alcohol (65%-91%) stockpile it. 50% is no good. 60% is no good. waste of money for your purpose for it. actually 70% is the magic number. Then? buy 100% aloe vera.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/how-to-make-hand-sanitizer-ingredients-for-making-it-at-home
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-you-shouldnt-make-your-own-hand-sanitizer/
https://www.google.com/search?q=mak...rome..69i57.3423j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Again all of the ingredients can be bought from China for cheap via Alibaba.

25. next will be some of my crazy ideas.

Here's a list of Anti-Viral foods. Some wouldn't be a big deal to add to ones diet especially these days. It would hurt to give them a try. Every bit helps right?

1. Black Tea
2. Garlic
3. shiitake Mushrooms
4. Ginger
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Cinnamon
7. yogurt or probiotics. I would buy the pills with 3 billion units.
8 Collodial silver
9. elderberry Sambucus
10. echinacea
11. Licorice / liqorice
12. olive leaf
13. St. John's Wort
14. Oregano
15. Sage
16. basil
17. Fennel
18 Lemon Balm
19 Peppermint
20. Rosemary
21. Astragalus
22. Ginseng
23. Dandelion
24. PAU D’ARCO

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/antiviral-herbs
https://oand.org/uncategory/top-ten-natural-anti-viral-agents/
https://www.betternutrition.com/diet-and-nutrition/anti-viral-foods

next idea is something like this cleanboxtech.com Ultraviolet lights to decontaminate clothing? Goggles? Masks?

https://www.cleanfreak.com/blog/cleaning-products-that-fight-coronavirus/

Throw in a good steam cleaner in there too for your clothes after you get home.

That's it for not Namepros.

if anyone else can add stuff. Feel free.

Be safe out there. and remember that only thing that's CLEAN are the things YOU CLEANED. when it doubt? Assume it's contaminated. you never really know right?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey guys,
Really panicking now because of this coronavirus now in my "backyard" NYC.

I live in Jersey City NJ which is one PATH train ride from NYC. Many from Jersey City who live in Jersey City commute daily to work. Many work in the areas where people that were found to be infected were said to be located or said to have "walked around".

So here's what I've learned.

1. The Coronavirus can survive for 6-9 days on surfaces.
2. Can pass thru eyes but less likely but it is possible. But main mode of transmission is nose and mouth,
3. Washing hands is best defense. When it doubt. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE.
4. Keep clorox wipes or wet wipes handy.
5.If you live in an apartment or condo complex. how do you keep any potential contaminants from entering your home? Think about it. Someone sneezes or coughs. All of that lands on floor/street and you walk on it. Then get home and now track all that lovely Coronavirus on your floor. Now if you have no rug. Great just mop with bleach and water mix. Imagine doing this daily? but if you have rug? what then?

Solution? take off shoes before entering any part of your home you plan on walking barefoot on. if you live in apartment or condo what then? for now I keep disinfectant spray by the door. I spray the bottom of my sneakers or shoes. Of course can't leave my Jordan's or YEEZY's outside in the hallway. SOMEONE WILL STEAL THEM. So I put then in a plastic bin or the old shoebox or garbage bag and bring inside. Dont bring too far into your home though. keep it by the door.

6. I have learned from medical friends that when they were on internship in foreign countries where supplies were low the best way to decontaminate equipment and in some cases masks was to soak them in a mixture of 1-2 tablespoons of bleach (not ammonia) with 4 cups of water if you need more. do the math and if you worry about stains don't soak for more than 5 minutes.

7. In NYC, there seems to be this divide between people who feel they should wear masks or not wear masks. I wore a mask in NYC and people were looking at me like I was crazy. You have no idea the looks I got. There seems to be this understood notion now because of the MEDIA that if you wear a masks it's because YOU ARE SICK. ME? I have 78 year old mother. I'm here only caregiver. I see her everyday. I cannot afford the luxury of risking my life just because I want to "look cool" and not paranoid by not wearing a mask. I had one guy change seats because I sat down next to him on the train.

8. There seems to be this popular opinion that Masks don't work. I agree they probably don't since they did say this virus can enter thru your eyes. So wear Goggles? I tried that but I soon realized it's pointless too because either they will fog up and you can't see where you are going so then you gotta take them off.

9 Stay clear of any situation where you must be "around people". Trains. Buses. Starbucks. Mcdonalds. the Mall. The only one I can think of that you are forced to go is the Supermarket but even then you can probably order groceries online now.

10. Stockpile meds if you have pre-existing condition like me and my Diabetes. or my mother with her heart. Contact your doctor now and request to get clearance to have filled at least 3 to 6 months of meds and have it cleared for pick up at the pharmacy from your insurance company. if they deny you sue them.

11. I bought a box of 50 N95 masks because the washable reusable ones are out of stock and won't get a restock until april. Don't ask me how much they cost. Very expensive. But my plan was waste money on it just so I'm covered till when the washable ones are available. I preordered one for each person in my life I care about mom, my girlfriend and her parents.

Here's what I learned about Masks. The best option is the washable masks. Please note the washable masks still need the N95 to N99 Activated Carbon Filters. These won't help unless you get the filters. Be sure you get N95 - N99. I would spend the extra couple bucks and get N99.

There are many options for cloth masks. the best ones I like are the ones where it has a velcro option in the back plus the ear loops but most important is make sure it has the nose clip option so that it is sealed in the nose area.

THE MAIN ISSUE I do have with these mask options is the FACT that ALL of them even the ones you can buy from AMAZON will come from CHINA. lol I was even tempted to buy from Alibaba for masks and save money because the masks on Amazon were selling for $29-$49 each. I mean they are ALL going to come from CHINA anyway.

My plan would have been to put on the mask I bought. Take the package I got from China oustside. Spray the crap out of it wear gloves.

and take the masks out and soak in that bleach mix I told you about earlier. and then rinse in boiling hot water.

the only problem now is that those N95-N99 Filters ALSO COME FROM CHINA.

If you don't trust buying the washable masks from China you can always go to your tailor and have one custom made. Make sure the fabric you use is NON-WOVEN.

https://mustsharenews.com/cloth-face-mask/

12. Any guys with beards. Sorry hipsters you will need to shave it all off because face masks can't fit right with a beard and would be pointless. Also while we are on the subject of hair? Nose hairs? umm quit cutting those. They are actually going to help you filter out stuff. no hairs in nose? more risk. just simple maths.

14. (noticed I skipped a number? lol) What about clothing? coat? pants? shirt? everything? basically whatever you wear outside is at risk for contanmination. Imagine you buy all this stuff to protect your face and someone coughs around you. you are covered in the face and then you come home throw away your mask and Goggles and then keep your clothes and hang them on a hook or throw them on your bed or couch? or floor? you literally need like "dirty room" in your house. but if you don't have a big house just an apartment. How do you make a "dirty room"? In the "dirty room" you can undress and thru your clothes in a bag and change to your house clothes. Some people come home and just stay in their outside clothes. I never liked this idea. In your average day you sit on ":dirty" chairs or rub up against "dirty" people or get sneezed or coughed on and then you bring all that into your home? on your bead or couch that you later lay your face on? Crazy!

15. I learned not to shake hands or open does with hands.

16. Going to public bathroom? after wash hands. if there is paper towels use that to open the handle and then kick open.

17. Eating out? Forget that. Buy your food take it home take food out of containers and throw them out and put food in your own cleaned plates. I don't use utensils from outside. Best thing now is to minimize exposure. So go to grocery and buy all the food you will need and just cook at home. That way you only have to sanitize once when you come home.

18. I don't use cash anymore. just my mobile phone or credit card to pay. Cash is the best way to transmit a virus. you can never know who was the last person to touch that money.

19. work from home if and when you can.

20. Train or bus is packed? Mayor of New york says take the next one and don't get on a super packed train where you are arm and arm next to someone. That's just asking for trouble.

21. The supposed distance for staying clear of someone who might have this virus is 6 feet.

22. As far domainers are concerned, I'm happy to say that depending on whether we do domaining full time. It's actually the perfect job right now because we can work from home or anywhere else and not have to commute and risk getting sick.

23. Get plenty of rest and sleep to keep your immune system strong.

24. Can't find handsanitizers? if you can buy Alcohol (65%-91%) stockpile it. 50% is no good. 60% is no good. waste of money for your purpose for it. actually 70% is the magic number. Then? buy 100% aloe vera.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/how-to-make-hand-sanitizer-ingredients-for-making-it-at-home
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-you-shouldnt-make-your-own-hand-sanitizer/
https://www.google.com/search?q=mak...rome..69i57.3423j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Again all of the ingredients can be bought from China for cheap via Alibaba.

25. next will be some of my crazy ideas.

Here's a list of Anti-Viral foods. Some wouldn't be a big deal to add to ones diet especially these days. It would hurt to give them a try. Every bit helps right?

1. Black Tea
2. Garlic
3. shiitake Mushrooms
4. Ginger
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Cinnamon
7. yogurt or probiotics. I would buy the pills with 3 billion units.
8 Collodial silver
9. elderberry Sambucus
10. echinacea
11. Licorice / liqorice
12. olive leaf
13. St. John's Wort
14. Oregano
15. Sage
16. basil
17. Fennel
18 Lemon Balm
19 Peppermint
20. Rosemary
21. Astragalus
22. Ginseng
23. Dandelion
24. PAU D’ARCO

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/antiviral-herbs
https://oand.org/uncategory/top-ten-natural-anti-viral-agents/
https://www.betternutrition.com/diet-and-nutrition/anti-viral-foods

next idea is something like this cleanboxtech.com Ultraviolet lights to decontaminate clothing? Goggles? Masks?

https://www.cleanfreak.com/blog/cleaning-products-that-fight-coronavirus/

Throw in a good steam cleaner in there too for your clothes after you get home.

That's it for not Namepros.

if anyone else can add stuff. Feel free.

Be safe out there. and remember that only thing that's CLEAN are the things YOU CLEANED. when it doubt? Assume it's contaminated. you never really know right?
Wowza! You put a lot of effort into this. Thanks!

I don't buy this whole argument about panicking. I am sure some are panicking, but being careful and preparing for a worst case scenario is NOT panicking. You know what they say, "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

Cheers!

•••
Wowza! You put a lot of effort into this. Thanks!

I don't buy this whole argument about panicking. I am sure some are panicking, but being careful and preparing for a worst case scenario is NOT panicking. You know what they say, "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

Cheers!

yea man. I just got into an argument recently with someone about putting on a mask if they plan on going on the subways. Still pissed that their bosses are not telling them "just work from home" if you need to take the MTA to get to work.

it's like every day you are risking your life literally.

you take say one job located in NYC. most will come from brooklyn or bronx or queens and even jersey. too many variables.

it's like bringing all those variables and putting them all in a box and "see what happens" especially when most don't wear masks because the city gov says "don't panick".

These young people I know and argue with and are calling me a crazy or ignorant are out there with no precautions going about their day.

most are banking on the news saying that coronavirus only affects old people. so they feel they got a good chance of survival,

what they don't factor into the equation which is very selfish of them and self-centered which is the "mark" of this generation.

is that they are not the only PEOPLE.

they never factor into the equation that if they get sick if they come close to say their 70 year old grandma or even mother or father that's in their 50's or the people around them.

at this point. It's time to put aside your opinions and just give in to the hysteria.

Believe me. They will only regret when they become responsible for getting people infected.

I gave this argument to these dumbasses and they just just stay quiet with this look of "dear caught in headlights".

Me? I stockpiled Alcohol 70% and from 99 cent stores.

aloe vera gel and scented oil.

got my N95 mask

and my washable masks ordered and waiting for next month. hopefully.

bought a steam cleaner because sanitizing will eventually become expensive. I predict supplies like bleach and alcohol will eventually become gone.
stockpiled food and supplies in case I become "stuck" home for whatever reason.

will steam clean my shoes before I bring them inside house.

steam clean clothing like coats.

ordered my meds for next 3-6 months. pick it up tomorrow cleared with insurance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back