IT.COM

What happens in GD auction?

NameSilo
Watch

charlesmack

Established Member
Impact
What if second bidder also denies to pay? Where do the domain goes? Is there any chance to get it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What great questions.
@Joe Styler is too important to post in NP these days, but i would appreciate if he would…

Last edited:
•••
•••
Goes to third bidder.
Customer support says it does not go to the third one. How much time does it take to go? My friend didn't got the domain also

•••
I am pretty damn sure it goes to the third bidder... I won a name and stupidly forgot to pay and the 2nd bidder didn't pay... so 3rd got it (he confirmed) and I ended up buying it from him after.

•••
In my case I tested it out but I got nothing and I also lost that domain :(

•••
If you have a GoDaddy rep email them and ask just in case. I don't think they will send it back to auction (not sure).

•••
according to them it do not go to third bidder

•••
What great questions.
@Joe Styler is too important to post in NP these days, but i would appreciate if he would…
Too unimportant maybe. I moved on to another position at GoDaddy leading the Domain Academy. James came on board to be able to make sure people get official answers from GoDaddy about the products. He can be on here all the time like I never was able to be.
For the auction question. It depends is the answer. But yeah usually we do not go to the 3rd highest bidder and sometimes we don't even go to the Second highest. There is no guarantee you will be offered the domain name if you don't win outright.

•••
Too unimportant maybe. I moved on to another position at GoDaddy leading the Domain Academy. James came on board to be able to make sure people get official answers from GoDaddy about the products. He can be on here all the time like I never was able to be.
It doesn't seem like @James Iles is on NamePros too often.

It shows his last post here was on 8/21, over 2 months ago.

GoDaddy really has a severe lack of engagement with the domain investment community. IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It doesn't seem like @James Iles is on NamePros too often.

It shows his last post here was on 8/21, over 2 months ago.

GoDaddy really has a severe lack of engagement with the domain investment community. IMO.

Brad
Ever noticed that the @GoDaddy account is more active? ;) I'm here, and I'm here daily. Thanks for the concern, Brad - we'll continue to do more, but I'm happy to have an official GoDaddy presence at NamePros to respond to domainers.

Last edited:
•••
Ever noticed that the @GoDaddy account is more active? ;) I'm here, and I'm here daily. Thanks for the concern, Brad - we'll continue to do more, but I'm happy to have an official GoDaddy presence at NamePros to respond to domainers.
So, is this answer to my questions

•••
Do it happens with namecheap also ?

•••
Do it happens with namecheap also ?
From what I know , if the domain fails to be paid by the winner it goes for auction again in around 15 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back