Dynadot

Is Pheenix Auctions Still Operating?

Spaceship
Watch
Is Pheenix auctions still operating? I saw a domain in their auction where the domain has not been cancelled even though it expired 2018-07-07. Starting bid is $29. Is there any chance I will capture the domain if I win the auction? Or is it now a Zombie website? What can I expect if I win the domain and pay for the auction?

Registrar is whois.pheenix.com NS: na1/ns2.pheenixauctions.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As much as possible, stay away from Pheenix. Lots of ongoing issues there including lack of support, ghost domains!

•••
While I agree with @anantj that Pheenix is in a very sad state lately, I say go for it. In the worst case you'll lose a bit of your time.

Pheenix has refunded all the funds I had with them promptly after my request so I trust there will be no issues of losing that money....that's just my experience a couple of months ago though.

•••
They have been sending an empty list of domain auctions for a while. The ship seems to be on auto-pilot very much :(

•••
They have been sending an empty list of domain auctions for a while. The ship seems to be on auto-pilot very much :(

Yep I can understand that they are probably not catching (m)any new domains But these domains are not newly acquired deletions. These are previously backordered domains by me. Which I didn't win first time around. Which either the owner or Pheenix are now auctioning off. Usually in those cases Pheenix sends you a reminder, that they are being auctioned off. Because of the dates in the whois, I am imagining, these are domains where they cannot find the owner, or the owner is not responding.

•••
I opened up a ticket with support. But of course, no reply. Replies from Pheenix always used to be quite prompt when they were operating normally.

Last edited:
•••
OK. The first of the 3 domains I backordered auction ended at the specified time. I can see the domain has been renewed from the whos. But I was unable to watch the auction because of my timezone. The domain is nowhere to be found in either my won or lost backorders. It's now 2.5hrs since the auction closed. I've added a note to my open ticket, which hasn't received a reply yet to my opening request for help. It's now 2 days later. Zombie ticket?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I saw the auction and you were outbid - The name sold for $144

Thanks. So at least the auctions are working. even if the losing bidders are not notified. I was expecting competition on that name. But the one tomorrow. I'm not expecting any competition on. So maybe we will be able to see if they treat winning bidders and losing bidders differently. It's been a long time since I participated in an auction at Pheenix, so cannot recall if it was normal for them not to notify losing bidders. Although I do see a long list of auctions I have lost in the past, in my account (but not this last losing action).

•••
Thanks. So at least the auctions are working. even if the losing bidders are not notified. I was expecting competition on that name. But the one tomorrow. I'm not expecting any competition on. So maybe we will be able to see if they treat winning bidders and losing bidders differently. It's been a long time since I participated in an auction at Pheenix, so cannot recall if it was normal for them not to notify losing bidders. Although I do see a long list of auctions I have lost in the past, in my account (but not this last losing action).

It was a nice name :xf.smile: I had a bid on anorher name and was notified that I was out bid, so strange they did´t notifie you

•••
It was a nice name :xf.smile: I had a bid on anorher name and was notified that I was out bid, so strange they did´t notifie you

Nope I never got any notice of being outbid. Approx how long does it take for Pheenix to update your Won/Lost Auctions in your account?

Last edited:
•••
OK. The domain I lost yesterday showed up as lost in my account approx 18 hrs after the action closed. It might have been a few hours earlier. But that was the time I checked.

•••
Approx how long does it take for Pheenix to update your Won/Lost Auctions in your account?

I got a mail notification what I was outbid, so I went there and bid a little more (and got live notification i my mail box that I was outbid again) - I ended up losing it and after that my won/lost auction was updated in minutes.

Last edited:
•••
I got a mail notification what I was outbid, so I went there and bid a little more (and got live notification i my mail box that I was outbid again) - I ended up losing it and after that my won/lost auction was updated in minutes.

I eventually got the outbid email. There seems to have been quite some drag in actually receiving it though :( Which might or might not be Pheenix's fault.

Last edited:
•••
OK. I'm now trying to transfer the 2nd domain of 3 I bid on, which I won. I'm getting the Ath Code from Pheenix (15 chars) but my receiving registrar says it is incorrect. How/where to get the correct Auth Code from? I've contacted both Pheenix and the receiving registrar for help.

I've got 1 more bid on a domain today. And then I'm done with Pheenix Auctions. But will still need the solution to the auth code.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back