IT.COM

What happened with Epik?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameFu

Professional Design ServicesTop Member
Impact
@ I took a break from dealing with Epik for a while and now their site doesn't seem to be working and their customer support seems to have disappeared?

I regged a domain yesterday, closing in on 24 hours ago and the name is still not actually registered. It's not in my account and ICANN WHOIS says it's not registered.

I messaged customer support and I usually get an automated reply saying that my ticket has been taken and a customer service person will be with me soon, but I messaged twice and did not get that automated message. No reply from yesterday, so it feels like I'm waiting in vain without the automated reply that I'm used to.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Rob Monster
@Epik.com

I please let me know if you guys are experiencing service delays. It just looks like your CS isn't working so I'm reaching out here.

Last edited:
•••
When I said in the last 2 years that epik will not live long and it is c**p , no one believed me and I was bullied ... Q.E.D.

•••
@Rob Monster
@Epik.com

I please let me know if you guys are experiencing service delays. It just looks like your CS isn't working so I'm reaching out here.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...pik-com-via-masterbucks-wallet.1284050/latest

Quick summary.

1.) Rob was suddenly replaced as CEO on 9/2/2022. He has not been heard from publicly since.

2.) The new CEO Brian Royce is some domain noob who attacked domainers.

epik_ceo.jpg

3.) Epik is millions of dollars in debt to customers, who they have screwed via "escrow" and other services.

4.) Masterbucks has no cash value, as it can't be withdrawn. Epik has been keeping the actual currency and sticking customers with this worthless fake currency.

5.) Epik, @Rob Monster, and Brian Royce are facing a RICO lawsuit alleging -

"This lawsuit is about a widespread and illegal fraudulent scheme—replete with misrepresentations, embezzlement, and misappropriation"

It alleges that Epik took a $327,000 "escrow" payment for the domain Nourish.com in May 2022. They never delivered the domain, or a refund.

https://onlinedomain.com/2023/04/05/domain-name-news/a-lawsuit-was-filed-against-epik/

6.) At this point Epik can't even carry out the basic functions of a registrar. There are many reports of Epik not being able to process registrations and renewals in a timely manner, if at all. There are reports of people paying for renewals, then the domains expiring.

7.) They have sold off many of their assets including large domain portfolios, the other forum, etc. Many of their employees have been terminated.

8.) Now Brian Royce is trying to publicly throw Rob Monster under the bus for the current problems, even though he has been CEO for 7+ months.

The corporate abuse might have started under Rob with things like commingling escrow funds, but it continued under Brian Royce. He continued to do business knowing they are not able to pay existing debts.

Epik is basically just a company involved in insolvent trading at this point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
@ I took a break from dealing with Epik for a while and now their site doesn't seem to be working and their customer support seems to have disappeared?

I regged a domain yesterday, closing in on 24 hours ago and the name is still not actually registered. It's not in my account and ICANN WHOIS says it's not registered.

•••
Nothing offensive, just out of my curiosity...

What was the motivation behind you to register a domain name on epik.com after that much fiasco ?

•••
@Rob Monster
@Epik.com

Rob Monster was last seen on this forum in October 2022
Epik.com user was last seen on this forum in May 2016

I am not sure that they will respond tbh

•••
Nothing offensive, just out of my curiosity...

What was the motivation behind you to register a domain name on epik.com after that much fiasco ?
He wasn't aware of any issues. As he said he's been away from the industry a while so isn't up to date with the industry news.

•••
I was able to login, new changes you must add 3 questions and 3 answers before you view account.
This topic purpose is obvious, pretend to have a problem and let the paid trolls roll.
Godaddy was hacked some years ago and it was revealed recently, why? because people will say "well it happened too much time ago" and they will close their eyes on it.
Paid Godaddy Trolls are welcome.
Those who comment in the Masterbucks thread with paid Trolls even can't spell Epik proper, they say "epic" OMG.

Last edited:
•••
It’s sad seeing this happen to epik.

•••
I was able to login, new changes you must add 3 questions and 3 answers before you view account.
This topic purpose is obvious, pretend to have a problem and let the paid trolls roll.
Godaddy was hacked some years ago and it was revealed recently, why? because people will say "well it happened too much time ago" and they will close their eyes on it.
Paid Godaddy Trolls are welcome.
Those who comment in the Masterbucks thread with paid Trolls even can't spell Epik proper, they say "epic" OMG.

Yes, it must be all those GoDaddy paid trolls who forced Epik to withhold (aka steal) millions of $ from customers' funds and not return the money to this day.

•••
Still no reply from customer service. I guess I just got scammed. Domain I regged still isn't actually regged so I regged it at godaddy.

If they ever get back to me I'll ask for a refund but I'm starting to believe that Epik doesn't have a Customer Service department anymore. It's like some epty shell that collects money from people who don't realize they're actually out of business.

•••
Still no reply from customer service. I guess I just got scammed. Domain I regged still isn't actually regged so I regged it at godaddy.

If they ever get back to me I'll ask for a refund but I'm starting to believe that Epik doesn't have a Customer Service department anymore. It's like some epty shell that collects money from people who don't realize they're actually out of business.
There are two customer service reps I've dealt with over the last few weeks.

I've not heard from, or gotten a response from, any of the old familiar workers there (I did not bother to contact those that have likely moved on). The reps have little control (if any) of day to day ops...they just pass the info/request along.

Epik will, hopefully, return your funds to in-store-credit or MB's...you have other options if you used a ccard.

Last edited:
•••

If you paid with credit card, your best bet is to claim fraud via your cc company. Charging and not delivering a product or service certainly qualifies as one.

•••
It’s sad seeing this happen to epik.
Honestly it's incredible how this forum changed their opinion on Epik and its criminal former CEO (Monster).

People here went from defending him to finally opening their F* eyes.

Yes I had threads opened here on how scammy his operations were (he made possible for people to lose domain names that he would quickly backorder and move out to other registrars to resell). Obviously those threads and posts were removed after a small arm of his dwarves attacked me. I guess NP received funds and sponsorships from him so they coped with their requests. Well no pity for those of you who lost money. You finally learned your lesson.

Last edited:
•••
new issue...

A few domains are currently not available for renewal. Please contact [email protected] for more information.

also, code generating problem.

Last edited:
•••
Back