IT.COM

What happened to Dynadot? (Orders take sooo long to process now!)

NameSilo
Watch

blockhead

TruckerTop Member
Impact
@Dynadot used to be a top 3 registrar for me, but nowadays I can't trust them with any time-sensitive registrations because it takes them soooo long to process the order!

This is not a one-time issue. It's been happening for a while now.

As an example: this morning I placed an order to register 2 .com's at Dynadot. I got the "Order Received" email, but after 45 minutes I've now given up waiting and registered the domain INSTANTLY at Namecheap.

What's going on? It's unacceptable for a leading registrar in 2022 to take so long to process an order!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Dynadot used to be a top 3 registrar for me, but nowadays I can't trust them with any time-sensitive registrations because it takes them soooo long to process the order!

This is not a one-time issue. It's been happening for a while now.

As an example: this morning I placed an order to register 2 .com's at Dynadot. I got the "Order Received" email, but after 45 minutes I've now given up waiting and registered the domain INSTANTLY at Namecheap.

What's going on? It's unacceptable for a leading registrar in 2022 to take so long to process an order!

Try changing your payment method or pre-funding your account.

If you prefund the account in particular, your order should finish right away.

•••
It is possible to overload their backend. The fact that your orders are not processed does not mean that they will not be processed at all.

•••
Thanks for the tip re: funding.

Pre-funding shouldn't be required though. None of the other registrars I use have such a problem. Dynadot has simply become very uncompetitive.

I understand the orders will eventually be processed. The problem is that oftentimes there can be others trying to register the same domains at a similar time. I'm not going to risk letting someone else reg the name because Dynadot didn't process my order in a reasonable amount of time. Until Dynadot fixes the problem, I'll reg domains elsewhere.

Update: it took 1 HOUR, 2 minutes for the order to process.

I mean seriously, what year is it???

Last edited:
•••
i just checked my email, my last order with dynadot took 4 hours from "Order Received" to "Order Finished"

•••
We're sorry for the recent delays, our engineering team has identified and resolved an issue causing delays under certain circumstances and an improvement should be noticeable moving forward. Please let us know if the delays continue and our team will investigate further.

•••
We're sorry for the recent delays, our engineering team has identified and resolved an issue causing delays under certain circumstances and an improvement should be noticeable moving forward. Please let us know if the delays continue and our team will investigate further.

The problem is not resolved. I just "registered" a domain, and have been waiting more than 30 minutes so far for it to complete. Surely you can't expect customers to be ok with waiting 30+ minutes, when all the other top registrars are instant. It's a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:
•••
OK screw it, after waiting 2+ hours, I've given up and registered the name at NC.

Took them like 3 seconds to process.

🤦‍♂️

•••
If you use Paypal then I have noticed that if you go to pending orders and reset payment to Paypal it is immediate.
Using existing cc no problem, quick.

•••
Thanks, but I'm already using an existing CC from the start.

•••
•••
A little bit too slow for such a popular registrar, I m going to move my domains from them, fastest registration in my exp is SAV and Epik, there is no time for waiting cause someone else may grab our ideas.

Last edited:
•••
Just as slow when you buy transfers. This is annoying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back