NameSilo

status-resolved What happened after this contest closed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Update: The contest holder received a bad business infraction for their failure to select and pay a winner as outlined in the contest rules.

•••
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it wasn't the first time this happened, nor will it be the last.

Are business infractions effective?

What if the contest holder has to thick a 'I read and agree to the contest rules' box before posting? Perhaps this way the amount of occurrences can be reduced.

•••
Their feedback is 19 positive 0 neutral 0 negative

I dont see a bad business infraction?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it wasn't the first time this happened, nor will it be the last.

What if the contest holder has to thick a 'I read and agree to the contest rules' box before posting? Perhaps this way the amount of occurrences can be reduced.

Ya we should get AD and S-B to check boxes too right?

•••
Their feedback is 19 positive 0 neutral 0 negative

I dont see a bad business infraction?

Ya we should get AD and S-B to check boxes too right?
Members can review feedback between members publicly, however, rule reminders/warnings/infractions can only be seen by moderators and management so we can establish the history of an account and determine the next action.
Hi Eric,

They are. While instantly banning members may appeal to some, it's not the right solution in many of these cases. Generally, people learn from their mistakes (Or didn't know about a rule) and deserve a second chance. We do have a warning system that automatically closes accounts that reach the maximum negative warning point allotment (25 points). In cases like you're referencing, a bad business infraction is issued to a buyer or seller that fail to honor a binding agreement. This infraction carries 15 points. It's our hope that a member will learn from this mistake and never do it again, however if they do violate that rule again, any other rules, or already have active warnings, and go over the 25 point allotment, their account is automatically closed. We have a zero tolerance for habitual offenders.

Keep in mind that in more serious cases where shill bidding or other types of fraud take place, we restrict their account's marketplace access immediately (the first time) for security reasons so that they can no longer conduct any business in our marketplace.

I hope that helps shed a little more light on this matter.

•••
Thanks Eric. Fair enough, I'm all for second chances, everyone can make a mistake.

I do however hope that contest holders realize that designers put a lot of work without any guarantees of winning in their proposals. Luckily for me I'm joining contests for the fun of it but for some people their livelihood depends on it and valuable production time is lost. When this happens to often, I tend to refrain from further participation as happened on another well known forum.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back