IT.COM

question What exactly is CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I'm sure everyone on NP thru their hours and hours of searching for hand reg or domains they wanted. They have come across this GIANT Elephant in the Room. CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.

I mean I know I can get their information from their website. But I'm lazy and I think it would be a great topic to talk about. Who are these guys? what do they do exactly?

I suspect they search databases on behalf of their clients which I'm assuming are huge corporations. I also suspect that they possibly are in this forum checking out threads to see if people have TM domains.

What do they look for? I'm assuming top of their list are protecting their clients trademarks. which makes sense.

So.... would approaching these people with a list of your domains be a good or bad idea?
(relax I haven't done this yet)

My question is if you approached them and asked them if they might be interested in your domains and they come across a potential TM issue. Is their FIRST Action to do a TM complaint to take your domain? or will they make an offer? or do nothing?

if this was the case. would there be any way to protect yourself prior to?

Reason I'm asking is because many many times you see this particular company in the historical domain sales lists and many times their Purchase prices are HUGE!

and the second reason I'm asking is there are so many keywords out there that are part of the TM's of big corps. it's hard to keep track.

so that a simple act of handing over a domain list fo CSC could end up in a possible lawsuit? (I'm guessing)

so let's hear it! I think this info would be useful to anyone on NP.

thanks in advance NP.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back