Dynadot

discuss What email address do you use for outbound marketing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all.

For those of you who do outbound marketing, what email address do you use when reaching out to potential buyers?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can used a custom email address they are lot of website offering the service or your personal email address either Yahoo or Gmail. Personally I used Gmail account

•••
You can used a custom email address they are lot of website offering the service or your personal email address either Yahoo or Gmail. Personally I used Gmail account
Okay, thanks.

•••
I have several custom emails. One is .com couple are .ca
Always domain based though

•••
You can used a custom email address …. either Yahoo or Gmail.
Yeah…no.

Using a web based email like gmail, yahoo etc. makes one look like a spammer, and not a serious seller. Get/use a domain for your ‘business’ and use that, as it will give you more of a legitimate/professional seller appearance. And also has a better chance of not ending up in their spam folder.

•••
Some relevant points made by @hawkeye

My outbound email isn't that professional...I use just my personal email (my Proton Mail). Could be a mistake on my part from a professional standpoint, but I pretty much feel that if someone has an interest in a domain that I am in possession of, they have the reassurance knowing that I'm a one man band, and I'm not some intimidating, big domain company looking to kill them on price / attempting to be something that I'm not. In my head, it adds some authenticity / personal feel to it with a personal email, dealing direct with the source, depending on how you look at it

My success rate is very low on outbound anyway. My last outbound a few weeks ago involved a fantasy quest card game, of which I own the "COM" (zero interest)

Last edited:
•••
[email protected] generally
sometimes I just use my personal email depending on my mood

•••
Professional google mail server is a 5$ monthly fee. Pick a domain and setup with them. The you can access you mail via Gmail web client if you want.

Or setup a custom mail server on a VPS.

I recommend using Gmail's 5$/m service, because the majority of people use gmail, and internal messages on gmail are less likely to be flagged as spam.

Whereas with protonmail for example, lots of the messages I sent were automatically blocked by gmail and flagged as spam. So the potential buyer doesn't even get your message.

Regards

•••
I recommend using Gmail's 5$/m service, because the majority of people use gmail, and internal messages on gmail are less likely to be flagged as spam.
That's a good point.

•••
I rarely outbound but one of the ones I use is Don@ldTrump dot com.

Last edited:
•••
All interesting theories! I was wondering for people doing outbound on very high priced domains...would they use THAT domain as their email, not sure if that has any effect however was just thinking about it. Trying to come up with a "business" domain name for myself to warm up.

•••
Personal email but custom email looks more professional.

•••
The little outbound I do is domain based email
Always test to see if it is marked as spam by sending to other emails and marking as safe and adding contact

•••
Some relevant points made by @hawkeye

My outbound email isn't that professional...I use just my personal email (my Proton Mail). Could be a mistake on my part from a professional standpoint, but I pretty much feel that if someone has an interest in a domain that I am in possession of, they have the reassurance knowing that I'm a one man band, and I'm not some intimidating, big domain company looking to kill them on price / attempting to be something that I'm not. In my head, it adds some authenticity / personal feel to it with a personal email, dealing direct with the source, depending on how you look at it

My success rate is very low on outbound anyway. My last outbound a few weeks ago involved a fantasy quest card game, of which I own the "COM" (zero interest)
Hi Jhm, so you tried to outbound the exact domain they are using but in .com or a related domain to card game

•••
Hi Jhm, so you tried to outbound the exact domain they are using but in .com or a related domain to card game
It was an exact domain name relating to the card game they invented / selling (in COM). I happened to own it, but zero interest

•••
Back