Domain Empire

What do you think about your Portfolio's Quality?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What do you think about your Portfolio`s Quality?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I have at least one domain that worths over $1 Million

• My domain Portfolio worths more than $1 Million

• My domain Portfolio worths more than $100 K

• My Portfolio rocks but I don`t know how much it worths.

• I have an average portfolio aka: my portfolio sucks

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
I am curious about how namePros members feel about their domain Portfolio.

Go ahead and participate the poll.

Tell us how you feel about your domain Portfolio.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My portfolio is worth more than $100k. If some one rejects my domains or if it does not sell in prescribed time, it does not mean it has no value at all.

Every one here wants to buy for reseller prices and that also does not devalue my domains. If i need money i sell for low prices and that also does not devalue my domains.

•••
I've got no idea of the value of my names. Names like OilDrum.com and HousesOffered.com can only be valued in the light of interested buyers. 25-30% of my names are there for historic reasons, and I need to get rid of them in the near future. I've also decided to get rid of my non-.com names, and that includes .nets like sex blogs.net and some 3 and 4 character ones. It's difficult to even think of an average value per name. I've had offers over $2,000, and some have been listed here at $10 and haven't sold ( .xyz names).

I guess the bottom line is that I need to get more revenue from advertising and other monetising, and I need to be more active in selling the ones I don't want to keep.

•••
I choose not to speculate on the whole worth as needs to be sold but on what individual names can bring with in 12 months whether that be diverted traffic, sign ups, parking or the turn over of the domain. If you can host a domain and make enough to cover hosting taxes renewal a year. What needs to be done right is a price point and a calculated negotiation. Domainers need to learn to respond to negotiations in order to retain the highest margins. Some 2k sales may have settled for $100 with other sales people. A list of quality domains are worth far more to some than others.

•••
My portfolio rocks! The value of the complete portfolio? I have no idea really, I guess it would be how much some one wanted to pay , Million Dollar name? Uh, No, I don't. 3L.com=11 , 4L.com= 212 - all hand reged back in 2006-2007, many bought @ $2.99 Godaddy coupon code. But, after paying 10+ yrs in renewal fees on em, I better hope they sustain! I have faith they will. 73 assorted 2 word .com names dating as far back as 1997 , 17 one word mid range dictionary.orgs

Since i came back recently, I have 37 that i have found domain mining, with age and ect, two word .coms

I would say all in all, My portfolio is "Built, Not Bought" I have never participated in the auction houses, I have bought several names from here @ NamePros though. I kinda take pride in my "Built, Not Bought" names. Worked many-many hours to find those names + TM research + Blacklist and archive research.

I am running my mining script on my server as i write this, so the thrill of the catch is what makes me warm and fuzzy inside, I love it! Always have, Always will.

My wife says i should sell off a bunch of names, I say NO - NO- NO, I wont sell em. LOL , She likes my names too, so that helps. But she also likes $$$$ LOL. I truly believe i would hock something at a pawn shop, before i would sell some of my favorite domain names. I am that attached to them,, besides, they make a dollar now and then, and i give wifey that money. And if i croak before her, she gets the names, Then my son gets em, You should have seen my lawyers face when he did my Will, he was like, wtf are you keeping all these names for, are they worth something? I told him, They are worth something to me, i don't know about anyone else.LOL

this is fantastic(y)

•••
Really proud of my work, only invested like $2000 in aftermarket, the rest were hand-reg'd.

•••
what can you expect from godaddy close out :), so yeah, my portfolio are suck so bad :) , But I like my domain, sound good, have rhyme, product name, the industry worth million dollar or even billions, and etc! I just need some luck and sell fast and that's it! buy more and sell more! even if someone not buying, I don't think it will be the end of everything! afterall its just $25 at close out :)

•••
I've invested in future tech domains and industries that are here right now, but not yet mature.

So how much is my portfolio worth? Who knows. Could be a lot, could be nothing.

All i know is I've spent well into 5 figures on domains that should do well should these industries develop i hope.

•••
My portfolio's quality is top-notch. It even says so on its website.

•••
Brandable name marketplaces had valued my portfolio more than 1M (have more than 600 names published on BB, BR, NR, Brandpa combined). If all of them are sold at the listed price, my net income (after fees) will be more than 1M. Of course, it will be only a dream. I will be very happy if I can sell just 3-5% of them.
Other than that I have several names that I list on my own marketplace (also worth millions if I may dream) :xf.wink:

•••
That`s right the true value would determined by the sale price but I want to know how people "feel" about their portfolio. :)

Last edited:
•••
How does one value a portfolio?

1) Multiply the number of domains you have at each price level and sum them - ignoring renewal costs and the fact that in any given year most domainers only sell a very small percentage of their portfolio.

2) Apply some multiple - five to ??? times recent portfolio annual earnings including parking revenue and renewal costs.

3) Only value the .COM domains because the rest when considering renewal costs are probably not worth anything.

4) Assume some future growth factor as domains will be more commonly used as a valuable tool for promoting a business' products and services (even though today most businesses and developers currently do not view them this way - thus the reason for so many reg fee end users domains and low industry portfolio turn).

5) Other

Here is an example from a verified pro. He explains how he values his portfolio over $500 Million

https://onlinedomain.com/2017/04/24...es-domain-name-portfolio-500-million-dollars/

How does one value a portfolio? IMO it is research and instincts

Last edited:
•••
•••
Research and instincts, yes... but the most important factor is probably how much you could realistically expect to sell the portfolio for right now. Anything else is just a pipe dream.

True. But at the end of the day when you received an offer for your domain you should have an idea about how much it worths right? Cause as an owner you are the one who will decide on the final price.

•••
•••
I think real data would achieved by research, not by the prices of similar domains cause each domain is unique.

You need to know about that specific industry and how it is related to the web. Is there an online market for the niche you invested, who are your competitors and this type of research would help you to valuate your domain names IMHO.

That would help you to price them, not to know how much you can get for them today. And when you're talking value, all that matters is today's value.

•••
That would help you to price them, not to know how much you can get for them today. And when you're talking value, all that matters is today's value.
Can you sell your home today? If you can`t is that mean that your home is valueless? No it has a price right?

Last edited:
•••
Of course it means that. After 2008 there are all kinds of homes across America that are worthless because no one can/will buy them.

Until a home sells, it's a liability. However in certain markets, it's a lot more reasonable to expect that you can sell it for a certain value.

Same with domains. My random LLLL.com can probably get me $200 to $250 right now, but my random brandable could be worth $1 now or $5,000 ten years from now. I just don't know. And when something is that volatile, you can't assign a real value to it without doing a lot of math. :) But that value will usually be at or below its acquisition cost.

•••
Interesting results, keep them coming. :droid:

•••
I have average kind of portfolio but my portfolio didn't sucks. So i can't choose any option

•••
I have average kind of portfolio but my portfolio didn't sucks. So i can't choose any option

There is another option there where you can choose:

"My Portfolio rocks but I don`t know how much it worths."

What is an average portfolio worths for you?

•••
247 views 29 votes so far.

Looking for more participation on the poll.

•••
Quite like how ours is shaping!

•••
I voted #1 I have at least one domain that worths over $1 Million
It's a domain which starts (!) with top... and ends (!) with .top, thats why.

Because this domain is part of my portfolio, my portfolio has top qualityyy

Last edited:
•••
My portfolio rocks! The value of the complete portfolio? I have no idea really, I guess it would be how much some one wanted to pay , Million Dollar name? Uh, No, I don't. 3L.com=11 , 4L.com= 212 - all hand reged back in 2006-2007, many bought @ $2.99 Godaddy coupon code. But, after paying 10+ yrs in renewal fees on em, I better hope they sustain! I have faith they will. 73 assorted 2 word .com names dating as far back as 1997 , 17 one word mid range dictionary.orgs

Since i came back recently, I have 37 that i have found domain mining, with age and ect, two word .coms

I would say all in all, My portfolio is "Built, Not Bought" I have never participated in the auction houses, I have bought several names from here @ NamePros though. I kinda take pride in my "Built, Not Bought" names. Worked many-many hours to find those names + TM research + Blacklist and archive research.

I am running my mining script on my server as i write this, so the thrill of the catch is what makes me warm and fuzzy inside, I love it! Always have, Always will.

My wife says i should sell off a bunch of names, I say NO - NO- NO, I wont sell em. LOL , She likes my names too, so that helps. But she also likes $$$$ LOL. I truly believe i would hock something at a pawn shop, before i would sell some of my favorite domain names. I am that attached to them,, besides, they make a dollar now and then, and i give wifey that money. And if i croak before her, she gets the names, Then my son gets em, You should have seen my lawyers face when he did my Will, he was like, wtf are you keeping all these names for, are they worth something? I told him, They are worth something to me, i don't know about anyone else.LOL

Would you like to send a couple of 3L .com ones this way, I would take better care of them and would give them more love than what you can give !! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back