Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

NameSilo
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems to be registred in early gTLD times, July 2014 continuosly without any drop. It is a very nice name, high quality, ot can be pretty valuable for ideal end user.

It has premium renewal attached to it, which seems to be around 70-80 at most registrars.

The name is really nice, and makes ton of sense. There is only one thing which I do not like -
2 x restriction on the size of pool of potential end users.

First restriction is geographical, as an ideal end user will be from Boston. Now, it is still large and wealthy US city, but imagine the situation in which you would hold something like digital / media or my / media - then potential buyer can come literally from any place of the planet, which of course massively multiplies number of leads, offers, etc.

Second restriction is the usage of .media - it will be digital marketing company, advertising company, media/radio/tv company, etc - again, lot of companies, but it is still limited to those areas. And because of the first restriction, they all must be somehow related to Boston.

Now, it can happen that some large media company from Boston will want to get catchy and all-explaining name, and this will be your ideal enduser. I would think they should be able to pay around 10k-25k. It is a great name, but it can take many years to sell, as the pool of end user is limited. But when such end user comes, it will be larger sale imo. I would definitely hold this one - it requires lot of patience, but it will be pretty profitable, imo.

Thank you for your input. I own this one since 2014 and renewal is close to $80 as you mentioned. I don't have really much of the new gTLD domains, but most are large US cities like NYC, Boston, Atlanta or Charlotte. Always believed in geo domains, not sure about new gTLDs tho :xf.wink: I appreciate your time.

•••
"The Malinois is a medium-to-large breed of dog, sometimes classified as a variety of the Belgian Shepherd dog rather than as a separate breed."

Ok, so it seems it is quite a cute dog! But I had to google the keyword "Malinois", as I have never heard it it my life, I am sure many people are in similar position. This means that the domain name is very niche, while the end users are extremely obvious here (Malinois dog's owner).

Great news is that good keyword .club name sells like hot cakes, .club registry has very good marketing (and overall) strategy imo. It also make sense with the keyword. I am sure someone can pay 1k - 1,3k for it if presented to right enduser. The renewal fee is standart, around 11 USD in many registrars. Prob of resale 1% at any given year (is my guesstimate), maybe slightly more.

This is the borderline investment, as cost per year is 11 USD, while projected profit for any given year is also around 10-13 USD (as 0,01*1000 = 10, and 0,01*13000 = 13). So nothing special, but the name will probably pay for itself.
Lmao, hilarious!

•••
•••
Crypt.international
Crypt.guide
Wallets.International

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
Arabica and Robusta are two main types of coffees.

I like your name very much and there are several reasons for it.

First of all, I can imagine nice online business on it, with great business model. It can be either standard e-commerce site which will sell arabica coffee (or simply coffee as everyone gets instantly that associasion that arabica is related to coffee). It can be also club type of business - one can send members of Arabica coffee club monthly samples of best varietes of arabica coffee, etc. Tons of opportunities. When I visit the site I see that forum is installed there, which is another good idea for this name.

Another great thing is that pool of end users is very large - so many people are drinking coffee worldwide.

The name can create great brands, is very memorable, and authoritative.

.Club registry has imo very good marketing strategy ad is very professionaly managed. There are lot of .club sales, so aftermarket is already pretty good.

It seems that name has attached premium renewal to it, but it is very low premium around 12 USD?
That mans that it is very easy to hold this domain name long time.

History of the name is also interesting: first time it was registered in early new gTLD times, August 2014. Whoever had it had dropped it after 3 years of holding (imo huge mistake! in case that was intented to be for domain investment) and then you imediately got it, which is amazing.

I feel this name anywhere between 3k-20k, maybe even more - it is easy to hold, so you have enough time to wait for correct offer, and reject low offers meanwhile.

Math is very good here much in favour of you as a domain investor. Amazing name, just do not drop it as previous guy - I am almost sure it will make you some nice money in future :)

Wow the motivation is there! Thank you, if it does sell for that much Ill be sending you a little gift!

•••
Deluxe / Club

Thanks for your advice in advance!

•••
ie.mba for appraisal

ie.edu is a developed site, IE is an international business school in Spain.

I posted it in the auction thread with starting of $25

Thank you

•••
•••
Your opinion on this will be appreciated:

CoinPric.es
This one is not a new gTLD domain name, it is ccTLD domain name. I personally do not own any ccTLDs - therefore I can not responsibly appraise it here, as I do not have enough knowledge in this area.
Thanks for your understanding :)

•••
Anytime / Pizza

Thanks a lot in advance

You are welcome.

Regarding the name: in .pizza, I would prefer something like best / pizza, my / pizza, go / pizza, etc.

Anytime / pizza is kind of reversed order imo, as pizza / anytime would be better, but of course we do not have .anytime (yet) :)

Anyway, your domain name can be considered a new gTLD brandable, and as such it can resell in range of 1-2k, with probability of resale for this price as 1% at any given year of holding. imo. I do not see it going higher.

Renewal for .pizza is around 35-40 at many registrars. It means it is not so cheap to hold.

So from investment point of view I am not optimistic here: your projected profit for any given year of holding is between 10-20 (calculated as 0.01*1000 and 0.01*2000), and your holding costs is 35-40 per any given year.

This is not going to deliver a profit for you, imo.

•••
Bid / xyz

Thanks a lot in advance!

My first instinct when I saw this domain was wow, nice one! It is a very good keyword. I also like the structure of the domain name LLL.LLL, and somehow I feel this is a domain which could sell very well to chinese buyers.

But then, it seems that domain has pretty high renewal fee, around 2800-3500 at most registrars? Lets say it is 3000 (if I am wrong I would like to be corrected asap as this is very important for further calculations).

Domain has also interesting history: It was registered in early new gTLD times, March 2015, and then dropped after 1 year (I would guess that reason was that although it is really high quality name, it has also high renewal, and in 2015 awareness of the extension was logically much less then now in 2018, so it was also less probable to resell). Then, it was unregistered for about 1,5 years, until it was registered again by OP in July 2017. Again, the reason for it sitting unregistered for 1,5 years is imo that higher renewal fee of around 3000 / year.

bid_xyz.PNG

So it is a lovely, high quality domain name, ideal for creating a memorable online business for lot of end users. But that renewal....

So is it acceptable from hard math point of view? I would guesstimate it can achieve price of 5k-30k to ideal end user with probability of resale for that price range as 1% at any given year of holding. This makes a projected calculated profit for a any given year in 50-300 range (calculated as 0.01*5000 and 0.01*30000), while cost for any given year is 3000.

Statistically, it is not going to deliver at all imo. The good odds are 50-300, while the bad odds are 3000.

For example compare that with previous appraisal of arabica / club : there good odds are 30-200 while bad odds are only 12.

It is very important for domain investor to have good odds much higher then bad odds, and not vice - versa...

•••
Thank you for your input. I own this one since 2014 and renewal is close to $80 as you mentioned. I don't have really much of the new gTLD domains, but most are large US cities like NYC, Boston, Atlanta or Charlotte. Always believed in geo domains, not sure about new gTLDs tho :xf.wink: I appreciate your time.
You are welcome. I wish you a good sale with this one!

•••
Wow the motivation is there! Thank you, if it does sell for that much Ill be sending you a little gift!
You are welcome! Btw, today I had coffee in McDonald, and I saw in cup written "100 % arabica coffee" - immediately got your domain in mind, lol.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
My first instinct when I saw this domain was wow, nice one! It is a very good keyword. I also like the structure of the domain name LLL.LLL, and somehow I feel this is a domain which could sell very well to chinese buyers.

But then, it seems that domain has pretty high renewal fee, around 2800-3500 at most registrars? Lets say it is 3000 (if I am wrong I would like to be corrected asap as this is very important for further calculations).

Domain has also interesting history: It was registered in early new gTLD times, March 2015, and then dropped after 1 year (I would guess that reason was that although it is really high quality name, it has also high renewal, and in 2015 awareness of the extension was logically much less then now in 2018, so it was also less probable to resell). Then, it was unregistered for about 1,5 years, until it was registered again by OP in July 2017. Again, the reason for it sitting unregistered for 1,5 years is imo that higher renewal fee of around 3000 / year.

Show attachment 89836

So it is a lovely, high quality domain name, ideal for creating a memorable online business for lot of end users. But that renewal....

So is it acceptable from hard math point of view? I would guesstimate it can achieve price of 5k-30k to ideal end user with probability of resale for that price range as 1% at any given year of holding. This makes a projected calculated profit for a any given year in 50-300 range (calculated as 0.01*5000 and 0.01*30000), while cost for any given year is 3000.

Statistically, it is not going to deliver at all imo. The good odds are 50-300, while the bad odds are 3000.

For example compare that with previous appraisal of arabica / club : there good odds are 30-200 while bad odds are only 12.

It is very important for domain investor to have good odds much higher then bad odds, and not vice - versa...

Thanks so much for your advice!

The renewal fee is USD220 per year at Uniregistry. Is this still a great domain based on the renewal fee?

•••
Thanks so much for your advice!

The renewal fee is USD220 per year at Uniregistry. Is this still a great domain based on the renewal fee?
Than you for the update! Yes, if the renewal fee is USD 220, this of course change picture significantly, as odds are getting much more favourable to you as an domain investor comparing to previous calculations:)

This then makes a projected calculated profit for any given year in 50-300 range (calculated as 0.01*5000 and 0.01*30000) using data in my first reply, while cost for any given year is 220.

Basically it is then almost an balanced, zero sum investment - it will basically give you what you give in, statistically. And the fact that renewal is 220 makes it then also much easier to sell the name to ideal end user, as 220 is acceptable for many business.

(Of course, the best case in ideal world would be to hold this domain just for standard renewal (USD 10) in which case that would be a very very good deal for you)

•••
Koran.Guide?

Would you renew lolwarrior? Cost is $30 to renew for a year!
Let me know when you have a chance. Many thanks!

•••
You are welcome.

Regarding the name: in .pizza, I would prefer something like best / pizza, my / pizza, go / pizza, etc.

Anytime / pizza is kind of reversed order imo, as pizza / anytime would be better, but of course we do not have .anytime (yet) :)

Anyway, your domain name can be considered a new gTLD brandable, and as such it can resell in range of 1-2k, with probability of resale for this price as 1% at any given year of holding. imo. I do not see it going higher.

Renewal for .pizza is around 35-40 at many registrars. It means it is not so cheap to hold.

So from investment point of view I am not optimistic here: your projected profit for any given year of holding is between 10-20 (calculated as 0.01*1000 and 0.01*2000), and your holding costs is 35-40 per any given year.

This is not going to deliver a profit for you, imo.

Thanks very much for your input and feedback on the name. Really value your opinion as you have a lot of experience in new gTLDs. Gives me a good idea of what I should expect. Probably will hold the name for now and try my luck on getting a sale via outbounds.

Cheers mate.

•••
•••
Sorry didn't read the one domain a day limit.

Crypt.guide

Any thoughts?

•••
Hey,
Thanks for the good work.

Kindly review

Barcode // Chain // com

Regards.

•••
Model / xyz

I think xyz can be interpreted as 3-dimensional, so this domain has a meaning of 3D model. Due to the hot trend of 3D printing and virtual reality (VR) technology, I think this domain is ideal for businesses related to 3D printing, 3D design & modeling software, VR and architecture. Of course, it can also be used for other purposes as the word 'model' has other meanings in English :)

The renewal fee per year is USD220. Is it a great domain?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Last edited:
•••
Robo / xyz
Normal renewal fee.
Thanks

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back