Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Boston / media

Thanks in advance.

•••
Hope you don't mind if I disagree on this one. In gambling world, it is of crucial importance to have latest odds available... so, odds not to be 1 hour old, not even 1 minute old, but... live! Thus, I see these two words as a perfect connection for a service that checks odds in real time. Now, different question is the demand - there is a ton of services that provide live odds, so you cannot expect many newcomers in that area; but if one appears, they'll hardly find more suitable name. As for the existing ones, main players are on .com or co.uk, and I don't think they're dying to switch to ngtld.

You might want to try your luck of finding end user at forum at GPWA dot org.
Thank you, it is an very good insight! I was not aware of that much, so that definitely pushes value of domain upwards comparing to my original thoughts, as it weakens my previous argument about lot of available alternatives in other new gTLD extensions.

Also it is helpful for many of us to know where end users for such domains are hanging out, I have just bookmarked that place and I am sure @JanO will find that useful as well, and do some nice sale :)

•••
@strugar My thoughts exactly. And thanks a bunch for the useful link!

•••
Hi guys/girls,

after you receive an appraisal, I would appreciate if you not only use Like or Thank you buttons (or even Dislike of course), but write a short reply to me as a feedback, like "thanks, I appreciate it" or even a negative comment of you feel like it.

Main reason is that it will BUMP this thread and give it some traction so it will attract more people who are interested in new gTLDs, and other NP members will also see it better, and get their appraisals.

•••
•••
This is great. First off, thanks..

Brokerage / app

I know it's a brand spankin' new gTLD, but what are your thoughts regarding this name's estimated value, and also the short-term and long-term outlook for the .app extension.

Thanks again for this gnarly service @lolwarrior

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
agriculture / mortgage

Cheers....

Agriculture mortgage: the mortgage designed to help farmers buy farmland, farm buildings or improve your existing farm properties

So lets start with the facts : renewal fee for this name is standard, around 35 at many registrars.

You are the first one who registered this name, although .mortgage is live (in general availability) since November 2014 - this means this combo stayed unregistered for 3,5 years - generally not great sign, as obviously valuable mainstream names get registered almost immediately when they are for standard renewal. But this one can be an exception - agriculture mortgages seem to be pretty niche in finance.

The name can be imo very valuable for someone who is providing this type of mortgage and can properly develop it, so it ranks high on Google search. If that happens, it can be used as "leads collector" - there can be button "contact us" on that very informative site and people who are searching for agriculture mortgages and get to that site will be probably proned to press that button, which can lead to tons of high quality leads for the end user who will build this site up.

But - you might face major obstacles with selling that domain:

a) you need to get in touch with someone in banks (your end users)
b) and to be able to explain potential benefits of this domain name to their marketing team (ot really helps when the SVP of that team is new gTLD fan, lol).
c) It is also ideal to understand how valuable (in dollar terms) is one qualified lead for the bank (easy stuff), then estimate number of leads when the site is developed (not easy at all), and from there you can estimate the worth of the domain to end user.

If you prepare such professional presentation for end users, contact them, explain them, chances are very good to make really hefty profit. If you just park the name and wait, probabilities are still such that it will probably pay for itself, but imo do not expect nothing special out from it.

As for amount, I would need to know parameters oulined in c) to tell you what price is justified for end users. It can be 5k, it can be 25k or more... but I think that name will require some work to sell.
Good name.

•••
•••
Price.Cheap
I think I remember this name from somewhere, maybe I already participated in appraising it before.

The name was registered in early days of new gTLDs, April 2014, and it never dropped since.

It is a reversed order combo, but I think it can still serve very nicely as a kind of "new gTLD brandable". I can visualize such brand easily, will look good on logos, press, etc. It is also pretty memorable.

Also, and this is good, then name does not have many alternatives in new gTLD space. If there are end users (for example online retail stores) who would like to emphasize the cheap price of their products this can be some obvious choice for them.

Renewal for this domain name is standard, around 25 at many registrars.

As for selling price, I feel around 2k-5k with probability of resale for this price as 1% for any given year of holding. From math point of view, the name should easily pay for itself.. and I think it is a long term hold - it can happen that ideal end user can pay 20k, but of course, with much smaller probability. I feel that despite it is reverse order name, it has tons of intristic value, and can bring great profit to domainer holding it. GL :)

•••
The only chances to have some profit with this name is to flip it to another domain investor, who thinks the only chance to have some profit with this name is to flip it to another domain investor, who thinks ...this is the destiny of this type of names, imo.

Reason behind your registration is totally understandable, I also beat my head into a wall that I siply did not have vision just few year ago to register names with keyword "bitcoin", as would I do that in some new gTLD extensions, it would be amazing. I am sure that those who registered MEANINGFUL combos (in extensions like .network, .world, .ventures, .fund - you get the idea) will be laughing happily, sooner or later, all the way to their bank.

But it does not make sense with .republican - so try to flip with another domainer for low XXX, imo.
Btw, the name has interesting history, it seems that 2 other investors tried that since 2014::

Show attachment 89582

Thanks for your appraisals. I know previous owner. He tried to sell it for mid $x,xxx so he wasn't successful. I received some low $xxx offers. i rejected. My thoughts are maybe high $xxx or low $x,xxx :)
I think it can find owner maybe in US? Who knows...

•••
Thanks for your appraisals. I know previous owner. He tried to sell it for mid $x,xxx so he wasn't successful. I received some low $xxx offers. i rejected. My thoughts are maybe high $xxx or low $x,xxx :)
I think it can find owner maybe in US? Who knows...
You are welcome. I wish you a nice sale!

•••
Agriculture mortgage: the mortgage designed to help farmers buy farmland, farm buildings or improve your existing farm properties

So lets start with the facts : renewal fee for this name is standard, around 35 at many registrars.

You are the first one who registered this name, although .mortgage is live (in general availability) since November 2014 - this means this combo stayed unregistered for 3,5 years - generally not great sign, as obviously valuable mainstream names get registered almost immediately when they are for standard renewal. But this one can be an exception - agriculture mortgages seem to be pretty niche in finance.

The name can be imo very valuable for someone who is providing this type of mortgage and can properly develop it, so it ranks high on Google search. If that happens, it can be used as "leads collector" - there can be button "contact us" on that very informative site and people who are searching for agriculture mortgages and get to that site will be probably proned to press that button, which can lead to tons of high quality leads for the end user who will build this site up.

But - you might face major obstacles with selling that domain:

a) you need to get in touch with someone in banks (your end users)
b) and to be able to explain potential benefits of this domain name to their marketing team (ot really helps when the SVP of that team is new gTLD fan, lol).
c) It is also ideal to understand how valuable (in dollar terms) is one qualified lead for the bank (easy stuff), then estimate number of leads when the site is developed (not easy at all), and from there you can estimate the worth of the domain to end user.

If you prepare such professional presentation for end users, contact them, explain them, chances are very good to make really hefty profit. If you just park the name and wait, probabilities are still such that it will probably pay for itself, but imo do not expect nothing special out from it.

As for amount, I would need to know parameters oulined in c) to tell you what price is justified for end users. It can be 5k, it can be 25k or more... but I think that name will require some work to sell.
Good name.

Brilliant - thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback, really appreciate it.

will do some research, put a proposal together and get the contacts lined up!!

Thanks again.

•••
Anytime / Pizza

Thanks a lot in advance

•••
Bid / xyz

Thanks a lot in advance!

•••
Brilliant - thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback, really appreciate it.

will do some research, put a proposal together and get the contacts lined up!!

Thanks again.
Very gladly - wish you a nice sale :)

•••
stillage / rental
This is an interesting idea :)

But, as non english speaker, I had actually to google what "stillage" means, as it is not so commonly used word I guess.

stillage: a wooden rack or pallet for holding stored goods off the floor or separating goods in transit.

Problem with this kind of keyword is that in most cases one really (imo) does not need an online presence to rent stillages. It is more a local type of business. You rent it, and you return it - locally. If that keyword would be in .sale, it is very different, as one can build an online store with stilages.

But..Google check shows there are actually few business (for example stillage / net) which seem to rent it and have built a business around this idea. Can you get in touch with them and explain them why they should get the exact match name for what they do (stillage rental), and when developed, how this name can bring them more traffic/leads/orders via internet? If you those skillz , you have an easy 2-3k sale, maybe more.

With passive approach, I think this name will not perform for you at all. Quick check just showed that keyword is available in .sale and .online, which are very good extensions for end users, should they decide to sell stillages. As for renting them, this area is so niche, that one really need to reach out to end users, otherwise it will not perform as an investment.

•••
Mens / Social

It seems to be a pretty nice name for men's social club.

It was first registered in very early new gTLD times, in August 2014, the person have hold that for 3 years, it was dropped then and then pretty quickly it was snatched by OP. Those parameters indicate towards solid value of the name. The name is for standard renewal (around 20-25), which is nice.

I would feel it can serve as an new gTLD kind of brandable, where probability of resale is 1% at any given year of holding the name, if you set up price around 2,5k - 3k. If you want to sell faster, I would put that in BIN around 1k. If you are ready to hold for few years, you can even try larger BIN around 10k, but probability of sale for this price goes then down.

This way or that way, it is a very nice name, and I like it!

I do not like hard math however: cost of 10 years hold is around 250, while projected profit per any given year is 2500*0,01= 25. So that sharply does not favour a domainer here. My intuition still tells me that I would give it a try for next 3 years at least (another 60-75 USD investment towards renewals), and do a little bit of marketing for it. In case of many domains I recommend Linkedin, while for this name I would market it in "king of social" - Facebook :)

•••
I obviously like much .international, as it (with correct keyword) can give your site nice authority feel. The near alternative in this sense is also .global.

The key point here is to have that good keyword. When I think "quotes" I personally can not really find a obvious end user for that. If that should be a website with "wise life quotes" there is a lot of competition in new gTLD space in other extensions, like .site, .website, .world, .link, .click, .zone, .space, etc...they all go, more-less, the same as .international with keyword "quotes" - imo there is nothing special in connection between .inernational and keyword "quotes".

Quick check just shows that at the moment of writing, quotes / social is available for 1,99 to be registered...and this combo is the same or higher quality then the analyzed domain. When such alternatives are abvailable almost for free, it is obviously a very bad news for any potential resell profit. So my appraisal would be 200-650, but probability of such sell is very low, considering info above. The renewal fee is small, around 15 USD..so not bad, but as an investment I see it as very borderline (will probably pay for itself in time if you hold it, but maybe not really worth the effort)

Thank you, I appreciate your thorough appraisal! I agree with you when speaking of "wise quotes" etc. But how about quotes in relation to stocks/shipping/insurance etc?

The term "quotes" have skyhigh registry/renewal fees in many (actually quite many) extensions. E.g. .blog at $11.5k. In terms of such quotes, I find the .international extension more relevant.

•••
Thank you, I appreciate your thorough appraisal! I agree with you when speaking of "wise quotes" etc. But how about quotes in relation to stocks/shipping/insurance etc?

The term "quotes" have skyhigh registry/renewal fees in many (actually quite many) extensions. E.g. .blog at $11.5k. In terms of such quotes, I find the .international extension more relevant.

I agree, quotes in relation to stocks/shipping/insurance are huge business. It is also true that keyword in some extensions has high premium renewal.

To get a complete picture of what the domain name competes against (close alternatives available to end users for reg fee), the best way is to visit uniregistry.com, and put that keyword in search field - it will show you all unregistered extensions with yhis keyword. In our case, we have 144 extensions where this keyword is still available...

Now, end users are clever and they use those searches too - all of them want to save money, so if they see something like quotes / social (now available for 1,99) they might go for it. For domainer it is never good if many available alternatives are present.(and it is almost always the case, if there is no special connection of value between keyword and gTLD extension)

•••
MathsTutor/app

Thank you very much
I think this word1word2 string (maths tutor) has tons of alternatives in other gTLD extensions, which end users can get for reg fee.

What is even worse, you can play with those 2 words (maths and tutor) and replace tutor with guru, teacher, ninja, wizard, whatever..and you can use those words also in plural...tons of alternatives, unfortunately.

Probability that someone will want exactly this domain so much that they are prepared to pay any premium to domainer holding it, is imo close to 0. This is not going to deliver.

•••
go / bio

Thoughts appreciated.
This is very nice name. It is short, memorable, makes sense, great and meaningful combo!

HUGE online business with bio products can be build on that name. Number of available alternatives (of this quality) is very very low and they will definitely not be cheap. I mean, what can it be? Bio / shop, Bio / store, Bio / market and that is probably it!

It has renewal around 250 it seems. This is nothing to ideal end user, but can be quite financial burden for a domain investor (but it depends on personal financial situation of that specific domain investor, of course)

I think this domain should not go for less then 25k, it can be also 100k plus sale if ideal enduser. That all honestly greatly depends on investor holding the name.

When I do math, I feel it has probability of resale for 25k something around 1% at any given year of holding. I think the name will definitely pay for itself, as holding cost for 1 year is 250, while projected profit for any year of holdling is also 250 (25k*0.01).

Amazing name :) Wish you a pretty high sale with this one!

•••
I think this word1word2 string (maths tutor) has tons of alternatives in other gTLD extensions, which end users can get for reg fee.

What is even worse, you can play with those 2 words (maths and tutor) and replace tutor with guru, teacher, ninja, wizard, whatever..and you can use those words also in plural...tons of alternatives, unfortunately.

Probability that someone will want exactly this domain so much that they are prepared to pay any premium to domainer holding it, is imo close to 0. This is not going to deliver.

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back