Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first .today purchase - would like to know if I am on the right track with it.....

ifa . today

Independent financial adviser in the UK

•••
My first .today purchase - would like to know if I am on the right track with it.....

ifa . today

Independent financial adviser in the UK
@MrAcidic I do not feel much string "ifa" in .today ... it makes sense and everything, but there are so many alternative extensions in which you can register this name...if that sells you can have 500-2k nice sale, but probabilities of that are very slim imo. That special semantic connection between left and righ side of the dot, which makes new gTLD names valuable, is imo not in this particular name.

Remark: .today is atm possible to transfer/renew for 5,8 USD at west.xyz (if you want to give a name some longterm chance, and keep it for low cost).

GL :)

•••
Hi Warrior, what do u think about

Closure/Online

Thanks.

@Gia Kumar imo .online is one of the best new gTLD extensions, and good domains in it sell (and will sell) very nicely and for lot of money. But one need good keyword for that.

I just do not feel string "closure" much, I can not really envision this name selling well. Experiment with it if you want, but I would not expect much from it. Personally I would not reg it if it would be available, but that is only me of course and I can be wrong. GL :)

•••
•••
Thread ongoing
Sto.international
Lot of very good internationa names has dropped recently, I guess this extension can now bring good opportunities, good names for standard renewals :)

•••
•••
Hi

I would like to know your opinion on: safe pay / solutions

Last edited:
•••
•••
Magician ()() Life

Plural version as well

Last edited:
•••
•••
exp / fun
@xtod So your domain name exp / fun is nice and short, with standard renewal, which is around 10-20 for .fun at most registrars. But it does not have the most important element for a good domain name, which is strong semantic meaning.

This means that you can sell this as "new gTLD brandble", for low - mid XXX imo, while your chances of resale for this price are very slim in 2019, imo less then 1%. Thus I do not feel this as an good investment, from math point of view. Still, hope you will have great sale - GL :)

•••
Hi

I would like to know your opinion on: safe pay / solutions
@IridiumThunder your domain name safe pay / solution is 2 worder, which is generally not recommended for most names, but this combination makes good semantic sense. Lot of potential end users.

There are, however, also tons of available alternatives in new gTLD space (visit uniregistry.com, and put your keywords in search field, you will see what I mean).

This means, you will have almost no leverage to command price higher then 1k, imo. Considering the name has standard renewal for .solutions, around USD 15 at most registrars, it is not that bad, but it is still shifted not in favour of domain investor, when you take math into consideration. One should always look (before registering) how many available alernatives are there, for reg fee...GL!

•••
col / red
@xtod col / red can be considered as an playful hack (colored), can be nice new gTLD brandable, I think it can go for 1k-2k in 2019. I like it is short and it is for standard renewal for .red, which is around USD 12 at most registrars. This is type of investment which you will not retire on, but it is balanced, which means you should get back at least what you have paid for this type on name, in average. GL ! :)

•••
Magician ()() Life

Plural version as well
@Steven McEvoy Magician ()() Life is nice name with standard renewal for .life, which can sell easily for 1k-2k in 2019. It is not exactly best possible name for this extension, but it is not bad either. I think it is a keeper, in case you transfer this name to west.xyz, where you will pay round $5 / year for it. This way i think you will be profitable. If you will be paying $20-30 for it as in most other registrars, math will not play into your favour. GL :)
PS: I would probably drop plural version of it, no need to secure all basis..singular is much better.
(If someone would want to avoid this 1k-2k purchase, they will be able to chose other extension in new gTLD space for this keyword anyway).

•••
Energy alternate / com
.Com is not new gTLD, so it is not beying appraised here in this thread. But you can open your own thread for this name in appraisal section, and I am sure lot of members here will share their opinions!

Btw, not bad name imo. GL :)

•••
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential.

Rules:
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

•••
Hi lol warrior, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Apt.house
Thanks !

•••
Just wondering what your thoughts are on Apt.house ?
Thanks in advance !

•••

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential.

Rules:
Sixpackabs.app

•••
Just wondering what your thoughts are on Apt.house ?
Thanks in advance !
@Harvest Moon I understand where do you come from with this one, as apt is short term for "apartment" and your combo kind of make sense...still, I personally would guesstimate it can resell for 2k in 2019, and I also think probabilities for sale for this price is approx 1%.

Considering higher renewal (it seems the name has premium renewal attached to it, around 75 USD), the math looks like following:
a) projected yearly profit: USD 20 (0,01*2000 USD)
b) yearly cost: USD 75

So imo clearly odds here are not in favour of domain investor, unfortunately.
Read this thread carefully - as what you need (if you want to be profitable) is something totally opposite, where projected yearly profit is 10-100 larger then yearly costs, and not 3 times smaller...

•••
Sixpackabs / app
@Puneet Malhotra your name makes sense, and it can resell for USD 700-1500 imo. Probability of resell in this range is around 1% imo.

Is this a profitable investment? Well, as in example above, lets calculate your yearly projected profit (USD 7-15) versus your yearly cost (USD 12-15 at most registrars). This means your odds of profits are slightly shifted against your.

Even if those odds would be neutral. this kind of names will not make you profitable on average, from math point of view.

•••
Thank you very much ! I'm actually thinking of building this domain for affiliate marketing. I really appreciate the feedback !

•••
•••
Apt.house is only $23 annual renewal btw.
$73+tax was the original reg fee only. Thanks !

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back