Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
commercialdrone/training

liking the refresh to the site at brands.international

•••
Background video crashed by browser....TWICE.

No bueno.

•••
•••
1st.homes

Thanks @lolwarrior for great answers in this thread.

•••
•••
faceparlour/com
@MartinSt .com is not new gTLD, so it is not beying appraised here in this thread. But you can open your own thread for this name in appraisal section, and I am sure lot of members here will share their opinions..GL!

•••
•••
commercialdrone/training

liking the refresh to the site at brands.international
@Domaindogged thanks for the nice words about my site :)

As for commercialdrone / training, I unfortunatelly do not feel muchthis word1word2 combo in .training...yes, it kind of makes sense, and can resell for 400-500, maybe 1k imo, but probabilities are less then 1% that sale will occur during any given year in this price range, at least that would be my guesstimate.

Considering renewal of USD 22 - 25 for .training at most registrars, I just feel the math is strongly against the domain investor here..
Still, wishing you best of luck!

•••
1st / homes

Thanks @lolwarrior for great answers in this thread.
@IridiumThunder 1st / homes is quite ok name, and someone can certainly purchase it from you for 1-3k in 2019, with probability of sale in this price range as 1% for any given year, imo

In real estate, everyone wants to be "best", "top" or "first". I am myself an real estate agent in my daily profession and personally I much like keywords like "first" in connection with real estate new gTLD extensions ... I own domains like first / property and first / estate (both for standard renewals). So I truly think string "first" is very strong here.

Now, obviously there is kind of problem when it comes to radio test and string like "1st", as the obvious competition is first / homes (which is available to reg for premium renewal USD 6000 / year....).

When it comes to math, lets guesstimate that renewal for .homes will be USD 30. This then means your projected yearly profit is 10-30, while your yearly cost is 30. This means that this investment is not going to be profitable, in statistical average, unless there are some good renewal promotions for .homes in about year time when it will be due to renewal...

GL :)

•••
Sharpen / Life
@MHExplorer I am personally in love with .life extension, and I am watching it very closely. Whenever I have opportunity to buy some good name in .life, I do it. Saying that, unfortunately the keyword "sharpen" is very weak, and it can resell for 200-300 maybe, with prob of 1% during any given year.

That means your yearly holding cost will be around USD 20-30, while you projected yearly profit is USD 2-3 ... this is extremely not favourable to you as domain investor....

•••
Thanx... Please advise about flippa.page or hostgator.page

•••
•••
Thanx... Please advise about flippa / page or hostgator / page

@Puneet Malhotra as regards to above names, you need to learn about TM law. My advisc is to avoid anything which could infringe on rights of third parties...I mean, there are so many great names you can invest in, so why to choose something which can cause only problems in future? I would drop those names. Just imo.

•••
Deluxe / Today
@MHExplorer I do not feel much this domain name...you have so many alternatives in new gTLD space for string "deluxe"...and there is no special connection between this string and extension, imo. If it sells, it can be for USD 200-600, but I think probability of sale in this price range is less then 1% for any given year.

Considering renewal for .today (around USD 15), math is simply not working in your favour (USD 2-6 of projected yearly profit versus 15 yearly cost).

•••
•••
Hidden.wiki

One of the few GTLD I own, I'm still a .king loyalist

•••
he3 / space

He3 is Hellium-3, the name is inspired from futuristic ideas of mining He3 on the moon to unlock unlimited free energy.

•••
Hidden/wiki

One of the few GTLD I own, I'm still a .king loyalist
@JudgeMind the name makes sense, and I think it should resell for 2-8k in 2019, with prob of 1% for any given year. It has standard renewal around USD 20 at most registrar. So your projected yearly profit is 20-80, while your yearly cost is 20. Maybe 1% prob is too generous, as there are only few specific end users who would benefit from this name, on the other side, it is very memorable for that particular niche. and motivated end user can pay nicely for that name (the good thing is that there are almost no alternatives in new gTLD space I can think of, which is excellent, as you will have great negotiation leverage in case someone contacts you with interest).

Imo this is kind of investment which on average is slighly profitable. You will not retire on this, but it is one of few good combos for .wiki. I personally like it. If you have only few new gTLDs, I think it is a keeper. GL :)

•••
he3 / space

He3 is Hellium-3, the name is inspired from futuristic ideas of mining He3 on the moon to unlock unlimited free energy.
@Ostrados I think the name is too futuristic. And it is new gTLD extension, where in 2019 we still need to invest only in very strong keywords, or combos to be profitable. I hope I am wrong, but I think name like this can resell for USD 200-500, with probability of 1% for any given year (my guesstimate). Or for USD 2000-5000, with probability of 0,1% for any given year. This or that, your projected yearly profit is around USD 2-5, while your yearly holding costs is around USD 15.

The math does not make it an good domain investment imo, as odds are strongly against domain investor in this case.

•••
Sustainable / Company

@lolwarrior Thanks in advance.

•••
•••
Seems like fun.

canna/guru

Regular renewal

•••
•••
Sustainable / Company

@lolwarrior Thanks in advance.
@Adomainer your name sustainable / company seems to have small premium renewal attached to it, around 15 USD / year.

In 2019, I think it is name which can sell in range of USD 3k-6k with 1% of probability for any given year.
This means your projected yearly profit is USD 30-60, while your yearly costs is USD 15.

Seems like good investment for me, it makes lot of sense, and has hundreds of thousands of potential end users, as it is very generic. Great name, and a keeper imo. GL :)

•••
Seems like fun.

canna/guru

Regular renewal
@Dave your domain name canna / guru has standard renewal for .guru which is around USD 20 at many registrars.

This is kind of funny name, which will be bought probably by some individual. Imo it is not very suitable for larger business, although exceptions can occur. I would guesstimate its value as of USD 500-2000 in 2019, and probability of sale as 1% in this price range for any given year.

This means your projected yearly profit is USD 5-20, while your yearly cost is USD 20. Math does not play very much into favour of domain investor here, unfortunately. GL :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back