Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

NameSilo
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are welcome! Btw, I am just curious also for myself: what are the renewals for this extension at registrar where you keep this one?
First year was $6 then it'll be around $38. Registrar is 1 and 1.

•••
@lolwarrior -

Here's a brandable one for you:

Karma.Agency

My thoughts would be $20-$100 Reseller and $500-2K End-User.

Last edited:
•••
cine.tube

Thanks

I like it, I think is a pretty playful combo!

Domain has standard renewal for .tube, which is around 25 - 30 at many registrars. It was first registered in May 2018, a month ago. It was never registred or dropped before. .Tube is in GA (General availability) since July 2016, but I still think it is a good combo.

My feeling is that if someone likes it, it can go for 2k-5k with probability of resale in this range as 1%, as it is kind of new gTLD brandable name. I have just googled that there are several end users using the "cine tube" string, and your domain name would be an perfect upgrade for some of them, imo. End user pool is pretty large, but the name needs exposure, as not many people will seach exactly for it. But after they see it, they might like it.

The name is so - so investment, it is pretty balanced (projected profit per year of holding is 20-50, while cost per year is 25-30).

In general, in new gTLD area, best investments are such where odds for profit are dramatically shifted in favour of domain investor (which means that projected profit per year, calculated as realistic resale price multilplied by probability of resale for this price in any given year of holding, is 10-100 times more then cost per year of holding).

Anyone who manage to get such odds for their domain names will simply
fall in love with new gTLDs.

Vice - verca, if the odds are shifted against domain investor, the result will be sure financial loss over time. Many such investors will then (after years of losses) start blaming new gTLD names, greedy registrars, greedy registries, ICANN, etc - basically everyone except themselves.

And when the odds are balanced, it is lot of work, but basically no real profit for a domain investor. Also not very good outcome.

Stil, it is very nice and innovative name :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I like it, I think is a pretty playful combo!

Domain has standard renewal for .tube, which is around 25 - 30 at many registrars. It was first registered in May 2018, a month ago. It was never registred or dropped before. .Tube is in GA (General availability) since July 2016, but I still think it is a good combo.

My feeling is that if someone likes it, it can go for 2k-5k with probability of resale in this range as 1%, as it is kind of new gTLD brandable name. I have just googled that there are several end users using the "cine tube" string, and your domain name would be an perfect upgrade for some of them, imo. End user pool is pretty large, but the name needs exposure, as not many people will seach exactly for it. But after they see it, they might like it.

The name is so - so investment, it is pretty balanced (projected profit per year of holding is 20-50, while cost per year is 25-30).

In general, in new gTLD area, best investments are such where odds for profit are dramatically shifted in favour of domain investor (which means that projected profit per year, calculated as realistic resale price multilplied by probability of resale for this price in any given year of holding, is 10-100 times more then cost per year of holding).

Anyone who manage to get such odds for their domain names will simply
fall in love with new gTLDs.

Vice - verca, if the odds are shifted against domain investor, the result will be sure financial loss over time. Many such investors will then (after years of losses) start blaming new gTLD names, greedy registrars, greedy registries, ICANN, etc - basically everyone except themselves.

And when the odds are balanced, it is lot of work, but basically no real profit for a domain investor. Also not very good outcome.

Stil, it is very nice and innovative name :)
Thank you lolwarrior for providing positive and informative comment.

Best Regards
Cybernet : )

•••
SmartPhones / Company

SmartPhones / Company

This domain name seems to have low renewal for .company attached, around USD 15 - 20 at many registrars.

Name was first registered in early new gTLD times, at March 2014. It was then dropped after a year, then again registered, then again dropped after a year, and then registered by OP.

Imo it makes good sense, although it is in word1word2.gTLD form, in this case "smartphone" can be considered as 1 worder.

Considering reported sales in namebio.com for this extension, I feel it has potential to resell for 600-2k with probability of 1% (max) for any given year of holding. Maybe I should put this probability even lower, as I feel that it is not going to be an easy resale. I mean, it sounds good on first hearing, but reality is that all companies which are producing smartphones are branded, and I do not really think some smartphone producer is going to use SmartPhones / Company anytime soon, although this might happen in future- if the brand of such producer is difficult to understand at some specific markets, they can opt for for descriptive name in some case.

But honestly, I just do not feel this domain name as it requires quite a stretch of imagination to see that end user, imo. On the other side, it has only low renewal attached to it, so I guess it might be an good idea to test the domain for 1-2 years - if no traffic and no offers (even low ball), then it says something. Who knows, I might be wrong here, but I think that branding issue described above will make the resale pretty difficult.

GL :)

•••
RescueMe / app

RescueMe / app is a very nice combo!

The meaning of this is very clear and I am sure lot of app developers who are working on apps in this area will love it. .App got some very good momentum few weeks ago, with tons of people who paid around USD 10k in EAP1 and USD 3k in EAP2 just to have opportunity to register their desired name.

Although we do not have enought data yet as for .app aftermarket, EAP fees described above kind of indicate what people (and we speak in large part about domain investors, not even about end users) were willing to pay. I feel your name can easily sell in 2k-5k range, if some end user will like it.

Usual problem we see through this whole thread: at the moment, potential buyers can not contact you. If they try to visit the site, it does not resolve. If they try to find your contact details via WHOIS databaze, they will not find them, thanks to GDPR legislation valid from May 25th 2018. This probably needs to be corrected asap, you need to prepare a landing page for your domain name.

Last edited:
•••
Refinancing / Solutions
Any value? Thanks

Refinancing / Solutions

This domain name has standard renewal attached to it, which is 15-20 at many registrars.

It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in March 2014. It was dropped after one year, and the again registered (after 3 year gap in which it seems it was there unregistered for this whole period) in Jun 2018 by OP:

refsolutions.PNG

It is a nice financial term, but somehow it has low exact search in Google (I am surprised by that, as I would expect it to be more popular):
"refinancing solutions" : 5,5k
"refinance solutions" : 3,2k

When it comes to keyword "refinancing", there are at least 220 new gTLD extensions where this keyword is still available to be registered, at the moment of writing this (check at uniregistry,com, for example). The question is now, will some of those extensions make meaningful combo with this keyword, thus giving your end users possibility to reg close alternatives for reg fee?

The answer is unfortunately yes. Atm we can register refinancing / zone for USD 1,99, refinancing / live for USD 1,99, refinancing / world for USD 1,99, refinancing / agency for USD 3,88, refinancing / services for USD 6,55, refinancing / express for 3,88 USD and many many others, all very relevant combos when someone is in refinancing business.

This means you have no leverage to end user to ask him to pay any premium whatsoever for your domain name. In addition, you are also competing with keyword "refinance" and there are plenty of close alternatives for this one as well.

When any of above combos sells, it is an easy 1,5-3k sale. But chances that someone will want exacly the keyword in .solutions and nothing else will do for him, are close to 0, imo.

Therefore, I think this domain is not going to deliver it for you, unfortunately.

•••
•••
SmartPhones / Company

This domain name seems to have low renewal for .company attached, around USD 15 - 20 at many registrars.

Name was first registered in early new gTLD times, at March 2014. It was then dropped after a year, then again registered, then again dropped after a year, and then registered by OP.

Imo it makes good sense, although it is in word1word2.gTLD form, in this case "smartphone" can be considered as 1 worder.

Considering reported sales in namebio.com for this extension, I feel it has potential to resell for 600-2k with probability of 1% (max) for any given year of holding. Maybe I should put this probability even lower, as I feel that it is not going to be an easy resale. I mean, it sounds good on first hearing, but reality is that all companies which are producing smartphones are branded, and I do not really think some smartphone producer is going to use SmartPhones / Company anytime soon, although this might happen in future- if the brand of such producer is difficult to understand at some specific markets, they can opt for for descriptive name in some case.

But honestly, I just do not feel this domain name as it requires quite a stretch of imagination to see that end user, imo. On the other side, it has only low renewal attached to it, so I guess it might be an good idea to test the domain for 1-2 years - if no traffic and no offers (even low ball), then it says something. Who knows, I might be wrong here, but I think that branding issue described above will make the resale pretty difficult.

Thanks @lolwarrior for such a deep analysis

•••
forum.forsale

Thank you M. : )

Last edited:
•••
JAV / tube

JAV may stand for Japanese Adult Videos. Similar domain jav / tv was sold at USD11,280 in June 2015 according to NameBio.

The renewal fee is USD22 per year. Is it a good domain?

Thanks for your opinion in advance!

•••
•••
•••
Take a look at learn/ski

Thanks for your time and commitment

learn / ski is very nice domain.

It reminds me a sale from a year ago, learn / wine which sold for 10k. I feel the range for your domain name is 3-10k with probability of resale for this price as 1% for any given year of holding.

The name is for standard renewal for .ski, which is around 35-45 at many registrars. Your projected profit is thus 30-100 per any given year, while your holding cost is 34-45. This means this is a balanced investment, slighly shifted in favour of domain investor.

I like this kind of combos, as it is very hard to find alternatives for them in new gTLD space. If someone wants to do this type of web and opt for new gTLDs, the only alternative thing they can do is to create word1word2 string "learnski", and register it in some broader, more neutral extensions like .online, .site, .website, .link, .xyz, etc.

But 1 worder learn / ski sounds much much more authoritative then learnski.gTLD form of it, and end users with solid budget will go, imo, primarily for word1.gTLD (which is your domain name learn / ski).

As usual in this domain thread: there is no parking space currently established for your domain name, and no contact details of owner visible in WHOIS.This means you are at the moment an un-contactable selller, because there is no way how standard buyer can reach you to express their interest. This should be corrected probably asap. Nice name, GL :)

•••
biggest / network

biggest / network

The name has standard renewal attached to it, which is USD 15-20 at many registrars.

I would feel it can go for 300-1,5k with probability 1% to sell in that price range in any given year of holding. The quality of name is similar or less comparing to names which sold in this range in 2017-2018, imo.
(one can check at namebio.com)

Above guestimate gives projected yearly profit of 3 - 10 / year, while holding cost is 15-20/ year. This is not in favour of a domain investor.

I would give a name 1-2 year chance to check trafffic/offers, but if nothing special detected, send your money to better name. GL :)

•••
InstantBitcoin/online

Many Thanks

InstantBitcoin / Online

I think this name has basically 0 chances to bring profit to you : my argumentation would be exactly the same, as I gave already for domain BitcoinTraders / website in post #16, here .. this is almost indentical situation..

•••
EducationNews/tv

Thank you

Well, it is not new gTLD, but I will comment on it anyway:

I see almost 0 chance this can bring a profit to you. If this will sell, it can bring maybe 1-2k.
But your holding cost is around 30 at many registrars, and as far as I know, there are no transfer promotions for .TV (please correct me anyone if that is wrong info), which would enable you to significantly lower your yearly holding costs.

So lets imagine that chances for resale for 1k are 1% for any given year of holding (I actually feel them even lower for this particular name, but just for a sake of simplicity of calculation). This makes your projected profit per year as 10, but your holding cost as 30.

Maybe someone can say that they feel this name around 3k. Even in this case that would be just balanced investment, projected profit of 30 versus holding cost of 30 (=lot of work and no profit).

In order to be really nicely profitable, one needs to make his projectd yearly profit at least 10 times more then yearly holding cost. In this case, it would mean that one would expect resale price of this domain name to be around 30k. When we see documented sales at namebio.com for .tv, we can conclude it is extremely unprobable for this word1word2 domain name.

There is a whole thread about .tv at Namepros, and lot of hardcore fans who made fantastic sales with .tv names, I know many of them.. But even they can tell that it takes long years to sell .tv names, even very high quality, short, 1 word domain names. In addition, they were in game very early, so they were able to secure great inventory, yet it still takes time. So I am not saying it is a bad name, because it is not, I would be just careful about that math. GL :)

Last edited:
•••
Spa / xyz

The renewal fee is USD220 per year. Do you think it is a great domain?

Thanks for your thoughts in advice!

Spa / xyz

My estimate would be around 3k-9k - for the probabiliy of such resale, and for its profitability I have exactly same opinion about this domain as I had for your domain model /xyz in post 192, here

I simpy feel that with this renewal it is not going to be profitable for a domain investor holding it, as it seems odds are pretty against the domain investor. But as a big new gTLD fan I hope I am wrong, and wish it will deliver for you :)

Last edited:
•••
Coin/viajes

Many Thanks

"Coin" is very good keyword, particularly in last 2-3 years.

Viajes is the Spanish word for “travel,” .VIAJES is a good choice for travel agencies, tour operators, hotels, travel bloggers and any business that caters to Spanish-speaking adventurers.

One can not really connect English keyword Coin with Spanish word .viajes and expect much...it simpy does not make semantic sense. Both keywords are amazing, but together, it does not work. I do not feel this can deliver anything - test it for a year as you have already invested to it, and if nothing special happens, send your monet to some better name. GL :)

•••
Fortune / cash

I think the keyword "fortune" perfectly matches .cash extension as both are closely associated with wealth/finance/investment. The domain is suitable to financial institutions, fintech companies and financial media firms.

The renewal fee is USD24 per year. Do you think it is a great domain?

Your advice is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi @lolwarrior , I understand that you have to provide appraisals of lots of domains everyday, but you just missed to appraise my domain Fortune / cash. Much appreciated if you can provide your opinion on my domain. Thanks!

•••
"Coin" is very good keyword, particularly in last 2-3 years.

Viajes is the Spanish word for “travel,” .VIAJES is a good choice for travel agencies, tour operators, hotels, travel bloggers and any business that caters to Spanish-speaking adventurers.

One can not really connect English keyword Coin with Spanish word .viajes and expect much...it simpy does not make semantic sense. Both keywords are amazing, but together, it does not work. I do not feel this can deliver anything - test it for a year as you have already invested to it, and if nothing special happens, send your monet to some better name. GL :)

Thanks so much for your time, Pal.

•••
biggest / network

The name has standard renewal attached to it, which is USD 15-20 at many registrars.

I would feel it can go for 300-1,5k with probability 1% to sell in that price range in any given year of holding. The quality of name is similar or less comparing to names which sold in this range in 2017-2018, imo.
(one can check at namebio.com)

Above guestimate gives projected yearly profit of 3 - 10 / year, while holding cost is 15-20/ year. This is not in favour of a domain investor.

I would give a name 1-2 year chance to check trafffic/offers, but if nothing special detected, send your money to better name. GL :)
Thanks for your appraisal. I wish you could have some opinions about the keyword and also the .network TLD. Thanks again for your time , I really appreciate that

•••
Bitcoinwallet/cloud

Many Thanks

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back