Dynadot

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The renewal fee is only USD8.9 per year.

Deluxe / Club. Thank you. It seems very interesting for me, as the name was firstly registered in Feb 2017, while it is a perfect domain name. For renewal fee USD8.9 per year I would guess it would have been registered much much earlier, around May 2014, in early gTLD times.

The only solution for this small "puzzle" would be that the name was previously reserved by .club registry, and you have purchased it directly from the registry, for some agreed price, while renewal was then set to low fee of USD 8.9 - is this a correct assumption?

Now, regardless of above, it is a fantastic name. For my general thoughts about .club please see posts #14 (Malinois / Club) and #82 (Arabica /Club).

For the keyword deluxe: .club names have pretty large ranges of selling price, coming from XXX to 300k for The / Club.

Deluxe is imo perfect keyword for high net worth individuals. I feel this name has potential to resell for anything between 5k-40k, maybe even more. It is very easy for you to hold now, so the final price much depends on how many times you will say no to pretty good offers which I am sure you will get for it. I do not know how much you paid for the name initially, but anything less the 5k imo makes this a perfect investment. Nice name :)

Last edited:
•••
Cardano.one

Many Thanks

Cardano / One. I love it!

This domain name has only smaller standard renewal attached to it, which is around 12-15 at many registrars.

First of all, at the moment of writing, Cardano is crypto currency with 8th largest market capitalisation:

cryptocurrencies_list.PNG

Secondly: cardano / com is taken by large end user who is not related to Cardano crypto. I think this is the reason why founding team is using whycardano / com..which is, franky said, not the best name in history of domain names, imo.

Plus, for many end users, it would be really lovely to use cardano / one - it sounds reallly great.

Now, I would put a recently reported sale of crypto / one for 11k as a upper limit for appraisal of cardano / one in 2018, as apparently string "crypto" has much wider appeal. As for a lower limit, I would see this one around 3k.

Probability to resell it in 3k-11k range is imo around 1% for any given year of holding, which makes your projected profit at any given year of holding between 30-110, while your yearly holding cost is only 12-15.

Very good name and very good investment as odds are perfectly set in your favour - this is imo going to be a real money maker! GL :)

•••
•••
•••
Deluxe / Club. Thank you. It seems very interesting for me, as the name was firstly registered in Feb 2017, while it is a perfect domain name. For renewal fee USD8.9 per year I would guess it would have been registered much much earlier, around May 2014, in early gTLD times.

The only solution for this small "puzzle" would be that the name was previously reserved by .club registry, and you have purchased it directly from the registry, for some agreed price, while renewal was then set to low fee of USD 8.9 - is this a correct assumption?

Now, regardless of above, it is a fantastic name. For my general thoughts about .club please see posts #14 (Malinois / Club) and #82 (Arabica /Club).

For the keyword deluxe: .club names have pretty large ranges of selling price, coming from XXX to 300k for The / Club.

Deluxe is imo perfect keyword for high net worth individuals. I feel this name has potential to resell for anything between 5k-40k, maybe even more. It is very easy for you to hold now, so the final price much depends on how many times you will say no to pretty good offers which I am sure you will get for it. I do not know how much you paid for the name initially, but anything less the 5k imo makes this a perfect investment. Nice name :)

Thanks very much for your appraisal!

Initially I paid USD1,549. I thought this domain is for end user whose target customers are high net worth individuals. I was willing to pay the initial high cost as I believed it can be sold at a high price.

Agreed with you that the renewal fee is low and hence I can hold the domain for years until the right buyer comes.

Thanks again for your detailed analysis!

•••
Cardano / One. I love it!

This domain name has only smaller standard renewal attached to it, which is around 12-15 at many registrars.

First of all, at the moment of writing, Cardano is crypto currency with 8th largest market capitalisation:

Show attachment 90298

Secondly: cardano / com is taken by large end user who is not related to Cardano crypto. I think this is the reason why founding team is using whycardano / com..which is, franky said, not the best name in history of domain names, imo.

Plus, for many end users, it would be really lovely to use cardano / one - it sounds reallly great.

Now, I would put a recently reported sale of crypto / one for 11k as a upper limit for appraisal of cardano / one in 2018, as apparently string "crypto" has much wider appeal. As for a lower limit, I would see this one around 3k.

Probability to resell it in 3k-11k range is imo around 1% for any given year of holding, which makes your projected profit at any given year of holding between 30-110, while your yearly holding cost is only 12-15.

Very good name and very good investment as odds are perfectly set in your favour - this is imo going to be a real money maker! GL :)

You definitely know your crypto(s) as much as you know your domain(s). Thanks for your time. You are one of a kind. The community here appreaciate your selfless effort; taking out time to reply us all.
Kudos to you @lolwarrior

•••
Thanks for the feedback. I was basing it on Crypt being shortened slang for Crypto. The
So as per of your other clarification post, I will give feedback for crypt / guide.

A crypt (from Latin crypta "vault") is a stone chamber beneath the floor of a church or other building. It typically contains coffins, sarcophagi, or religious relics.

In short, this is not going to work. End user pool for word crypt is extremely limited, and this word is available in most of others new gTLD extensions (162 exactly, you can check that at Uniregistry.com for example), unregistered at the time of writing this feedback.

Well, you are missing this small "o" at the end of your keyword. In this case the shorter is definitely not better. If the "o" would be there, you would be probably singing all the way to your bank now. But "crypt" is not going to deliver anything for you, this is a money looser imo.

Hi thank you for taking the time to Provide feedback on crypt.guide. I based my purchase on the strong sales of Crypt.com $25K, Crypt.me $5K, Crypt.Co $1K. I'm assuming the purchasers of these domains are doing so for Crypto related reasons as opposed to selling coffins.

•••
InstantBitcoin/online

Many Thanks

•••
I like it, this is very smart move!

I gave general thoughs about .app in my previous appraisal for brokerage / app, so here I will focus only on keyword.

The fact is, that end user pool is large here, there are lot of apps used for collecting/organizing coupons or ecoupons.

In most cases I would have some problem with prefix "e" in front of word, but in this case it actually does not hurt much, as ecoupons are a "real thing". Imo string "ecoupons" is something like 25% value of string "coupons", and 5-10% value of string "coupon".

Your name has standard renewal for .app, which is great.

Above info can help us to put more precise appraisal on the name: it is a known fact that string "coupon" was actually registered in EAP2 of .app. This means that buyer paid around 3k just so they can get the name early. In addition, this name has premium renewal around 900/year. This means that initial cost (EAP fee and reg fee) is around 4000 just to get coupon / app.

Ecoupons/ app is much worse of course, but instead of 900 renewal it carries 12-15 renewal at many registrars. This makes it an interesting alternative for a type of end user who do not plan to invest so much as to get coupon / app, but still want to have nice and interesting, self-explanatory domain.

Considering all above, I would see fair resale price between 2k-8k. With low standard renewal It is easy to hold and wait for good offer from ideal end user. I am almost sure it will make very nice profit for you.
GL :)

PS: make sure your domain is accessible. I was not able to get on its landing page here from EU, and after GDPR your contact details are not present in WHOIS. Therefore it is impossible for buyer to contact you atm.

I genuinely like your work for this. I will consider this for sure.

Thanks alot.

•••
I am not going to appraise it while it is in auction at Namepros as I do not wish to interfere anyhow into open auctions.
Let me know when auction is closed, and I will give the feedback then, thank you :)

I removed the auction, decided not to sell yet:)

•••
•••
Spa / xyz

The renewal fee is USD220 per year. Do you think it is a great domain?

Thanks for your thoughts in advice!

•••
•••
I removed the auction, decided not to sell yet:)
Perfect, so here it goes :)

domain to be apraised : ie / mba

As you stated in previous post: ie / edu is a developed site, IE is an international business school.

I have checked carefully their webpage, it is large organisational - they have lot of sub programs, schools, etc, so they might be able to utilize your domain imo. On the other side, they have already a perfect domain name, which is long established, so no real need for your domain, unless maybe they launch some new project, etc. Which you will not know, unless you contact them.

BUT, and this is very important : there might be some legal aspects of the matter- there are exactly 103 live trademarks containing "ie" just in USA - this is a brief appraisal, so I do not have time to make legal analysis, it is up to you to go through them (use tmsearch.uspto.gov) - my bet would be that the string is trademarked by them - in which case it is a no-go to contact trademark holder, of course. Als there can be TMs in EU, and in national jurisdictions, which one should also checked before contacting such large organisation where chances are almost 100% there are TMs. I mean, one of their schools is Law School...

In general, imo it is not good idea to invest in domain where only one or very few apparent end users exist and it is pretty clear you had them in mind when you registered it- chances that this would resell is very very low, and chances for legal troubles are pretty large.The argument that ie is general string and "it can stand for anything" will be much weakened here by .mba extension - name ie / mba is pretty obvious imo.

My personal advise for this one: forget the name, and let it drop after a year. I might be wrong here, but it will anyhow not resell for anything significant imo, so no reason to be bothered with it.

Last edited:
•••
Koran / Guide?

Would you renew lolwarrior? Cost is $30 to renew for a year!
Let me know when you have a chance. Many thanks!

There are 221 new gTLD extensions available for this keyword, still unregistered, at the time of writing.

In addition, I think the more used word here is "quran" in english language. When we google it, it gives
21 000 results for "quran guide" and 432 results for "koran guide"

You can get your string now for reg fee at .website, .group, ..today, and many others (visit uniregistry.com and check it). So too many of (more or less) close alternatives available, where you can get the keyword in other new gTLD extensions.

•••
YogaTutor(dot)Online

This string is available (it is a record here) in 245 new gTLD extensions at a in time of writing.
Anyone can come and reg for a reg fee this string in .link, .click, .app, .xyz, .help, .guide, .info, .live, .life, .world, .zone.....basically in all possible new gTLD extensions, and in many of then it will actually make some sense.

This is not all, it gets even worse - when it comes to alternatives, your string "yougatutor" can be easily altered as well...once can replace "tutor" with "teacher" or "guru" or "expert" or "master", etc...and again, such alternative strings are available almost in all new gTLD extensions.

It reminds me a situation, in which I would go to a beach, pick up a 1 grain of sand, and try to sell it to someone. But there are billions of such grains of sand everywhere around...so how can I sell my random grain of sand for any profit ? This is not going to happen...unless I have picked up a diamond initially :)

Because of that, there is no leverage you would have to end user so they are willing to pay any premium to you as a domainer for this name. Such name is not going to deliver anything, unfortunately...

•••
Model / xyz

I think xyz can be interpreted as 3-dimensional, so this domain has a meaning of 3D model. Due to the hot trend of 3D printing and virtual reality (VR) technology, I think this domain is ideal for businesses related to 3D printing, 3D design & modeling software, VR and architecture. Of course, it can also be used for other purposes as the word 'model' has other meanings in English :)

The renewal fee per year is USD220. Is it a great domain?

Thanks for your advice in advance!

I like this domain :) Exactly as written by you, many possible end users, so pool of end users is pretty large, which is always great! And it is a good quality name.

I feel it is around 5k - 8k name in 2018 with probability of 1% to sell for that price in any given year of holding. The quality of name is similar to names which sold in this range in 2017-2918, imo.
(one can check at namebio.com)

I, of course, am not fan of that 220 / year renewal. Above guesstimate gives projected yearly profit of 50 - 80 / year, while holding cost is 220 / year. This is not in favour of a domain investor imo.

So name is lovely, .xyz sells very well, but it would be much better if the domain would be secured for standard 10 -12 renewal. This 220 / year is also the reason why the name was first registered just a year ago, and not much earlier.

I remember that I recently appraised deluxe / club - I like it much more, not because it is .club, but because you paid initial higher fee, (which was very reasonable) and then renewal is very low and the name has great resale potential in multiples of acquisition cost . And end users love low renewals as well - from my experience it is much easier to sell name with low renewal, it is a big plus. So I would focus mainly in this direction. Of course, it is just imo.

•••
Robo / xyz
Normal renewal fee.
Thanks

I like it as a name, and as an investment as well :)

It was first registered in early new gTLD times, June 2014, then dropped twice, then 2 years ago regged by OP:

Roboxyz.PNG

It is a very good quality name, and particularly in times when robotics is on its rise.
While it is not "robot" (which would be amazing), I feel it can resell for 5k-8k with probabililty of 1% for any given year of holding.

Projected profit for any given year is 50-80, while cost is around 10-12 (standard renewal fee for .xyz at many registrars). I would hold this name for several years, and reject all low ball offers - this one will be very profitable imo in case you are a patient investor.
GL :)

•••
In brokerage / app feedback (#97 in this thread) I gave my overall view about .app.

So I wil focus here mainly on your keyword, which is "smartfridge", so it is word1word2 string

Usually I am pessimistic when it comes to word1word2 strings,but this one actually stands for a real product, and product which is very closely connected to apps in mobile phones!

Still, there will be some alternatives in .app space to it, of course string "fridge", and then some end users can go for "cleverfridge" or "instafridge"...but those are honestly pretty clumsy alternatives, and well budgeted end user should be able to go for a real thing, which is "smartfridge", if they want to go for .app new gTLD extension.

When we consider all new gTLD extensions, I am coming back to my skeptic mode:

at the moment of writing, string "smartfridge" is available in .online, .tech, .pro, .store, .cloud, .world - so you can see that any of such alternative has little shifted meaning comparing to .app, but is still very viable, make sense, and is available for reg fee now.

This means there is very litle leverage for your as domain investor to ask end user to pay more significant premium for your domain name.

At the moment it is difficult to state price range which your name can achieve, as we do not have enough data available (.app went live just few weeks ago), so everyone will be more clever in a year or two years time. I do not like the fact that good viable close alternatives are available in other new gTLD extensions for your string for reg fee..this is usually a bad sign for a profitability of choosen name. Saying that, I still like the name and feel 1k-2,5k should be possible for ideal end user - after all, .app is pretty hot right now :)

•••
I like this domain :) Exactly as written by you, many possible end users, so pool of end users is pretty large, which is always great! And it is a good quality name.

I feel it is around 5k - 8k name in 2018 with probability of 1% to sell for that price in any given year of holding. The quality of name is similar to names which sold in this range in 2017-2918, imo.
(one can check at namebio.com)

I, of course, am not fan of that 220 / year renewal. Above guesstimate gives projected yearly profit of 50 - 80 / year, while holding cost is 220 / year. This is not in favour of a domain investor imo.

So name is lovely, .xyz sells very well, but it would be much better if the domain would be secured for standard 10 -12 renewal. This 220 / year is also the reason why the name was first registered just a year ago, and not much earlier.

I remember that I recently appraised deluxe / club - I like it much more, not because it is .club, but because you paid initial higher fee, (which was very reasonable) and then renewal is very low and the name has great resale potential in multiples of acquisition cost . And end users love low renewals as well - from my experience it is much easier to sell name with low renewal, it is a big plus. So I would focus mainly in this direction. Of course, it is just imo.

Thanks for your advice! I agree with you that the renewal fee is a drawback, but I think it will not be a big issue from end user's perspective (I expect the end user is a company).

The combination of model and xyz gives a real full meaning which the .xyz domains listed on NameBio do not have. For this reason, I expect it can be sold at a higher price than those on NameBio, and hopefully at USDXX,XXX.

•••
Fintech.technology

Many thanks in advance.

•••
Wow / xyz

The renewal fee is USD220 per year. Is it a great domain?

Thanks for your thought in advance.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I hope the new legalization of sports betting in the US helps this one.
SportsBetting / expert

•••
Investment / Money Any thoughts or opinions on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Well, my first remark is that you need to setup a landing page, as when I visit investment / money site, it is just standard page of registrar, where buyer can not contact you. They also can not find your details in WHOIS, as this is edited after GDPR, so it does not contain personal data. So at this moment you are not contactable for potential buyer, and might miss a valuable leads.

Wow, it even gets more strange: when I press button "learn how to get this domain" it leads me to another section, where I can buy this domain name for 104.42 GBP, and it will renew each year for 104.42 GBP...

Hm, I do not get it, it seems that domain is registered at week ago, at 05.Jun.2018 ... before I start to feedback on it, I just would like to understand, what is the point to buy a domain for 104.42 GBP and then selling it for 104.42 GBP??? Can you please tell me more?

I am totally confused here, lol :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back