IT.COM

advice What do you say to a buyer that knows what you paid?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rentmynames

TheFinestDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
How do you respond when the buyer says this about how much you paid:
inflated price- for $xxx domain which was sold a few months ago you were saying $xx,xxx.

The buyer cancelled the deal after she knew the price I paid ($xxx) for the domain 2 months ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This excellent example why Estibot more hurts than helps to sell domains.

Most people will not like pay (if they know how much you paid) many times more because it seems like overpaying, no good deal. It motivates them more to find other domain.

Estibot (and GoValue) may well hurt the prices for certain types of domains, but I don't quite see how it applies to this particular case. Possibly I misunderstand, but I thought the possible purchasers resistance was based on a known prior price (e.g. through NameBio) and not on a lower automated estimate of worth.

•••
I politely accepted their cancellation. I don’t bother to argue, don’t have time for that . Not a big deal, only $85,000. New price also updated (6-figures). I don’t bother to tell them about the update, but if they happen to visit the landing page, they’ll see my new price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back