Dynadot

advice What Do I Look For When Buying Domain Names?

NameSilo
Watch
Hey everyone,

In this new blog post, I discuss what I look for when buying a domain name.

Read More Here

Thanks!

-Omar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Solid advice that is often directed to newbs. It doesn’t apply to all names though especially brandables. I disagree about not needing to like the domain on some level. If I don’t like it why should anyone else?

As much as people like to apply data points to sales (when many of those sales are to other domainers) domainers care more about data points than the average end user. This is not a consistent science it is equally an art.

I do feel beginners should stick to data points until they have a better grasp on domaining which is who your article is directed at. 👍

•••
As much as people like to apply data points to sales (when many of those sales are to other domainers) domainers care more about data points than the average end user. This is not a consistent science it is equally an art.

Understood but if you don't apply some type of data points or "filtering" when looking through a massive list of expired domains, that can take ages. Some lists could be 250K+ domains. That's why having some type of strategy and key things to look for can save you a tremendous amount of time.

•••
•••
•••
Good information for the noobies

•••
thank you for this newbie helper article :xf.smile:(y)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back