IT.COM

question What coronavirus domain did you register?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Seems as though Coronavirus is trending.

Prior to coronavirus.info being mentioned here.
Coronavirusinfo.com wasn't regged. It is now! Not mine. Lol

There wasn't much.

Best recent reg has to be Coronavirus.org (it works!)

taken before in

.com
.net
.org (now)
.cn
And mine
Coronavirus.es
Coronavirus.eu
Coronavirus.us

I should have reg these but they are taken now.

.in
.co
.io

Wouldn't go too crazy. I'd do exact match only this one not Coronavirus+keyword.

I'd say any Asian country near China and it's extension should be good.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why would you want to try and benefit financially from this kind of thing. 😥 nobody is going to want to buy a name like this.

•••
This is a good example of domainers on the wrong track.

Unless you could get the EMD .COM, or maybe .ORG, all the rest are essentially a complete waste of money.

Brad

•••
We'll try. But if any domainer reads this thread. Makes it harder to sell doesn't it?

I have opinions too about alot of people on here. I usually do the equivalent of "take them to the side and have a honest chat.

Because. We all hustle here and I would never want to ruin any fellow domainer's hustle or chances.

I have seen this play out many times before. How many bird flu, or swine flu, or ebola domains have actually been sold?

I am not trying to ruin anyone's hustle. I am trying to prevent them from flushing money down the toilet.

Brad

•••
I love a proper Corona in summer.

•••
Brad, are you concerned about people wasting their money on "possible" worthless domains or is your concern about people profiting on an unfortunate circumstance?

Is it right that so much money is made by companies on people's misfortune?
That is a philosophical argument that I really don't want to get into right now.

I will say without money you rarely have innovation.

I have sold domains like CureCancer (dot) org. I turned down better financial offers on it, but ended up selling it to an organization that offered a reasonable price AND seemed liked it would be put to good usage.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This thread makes me sick.
In my country, Italy, people are dying, I've my mother that can't go outside her home because if she gets infected she has a high chance to die.
I've friends that are losing jobs, friends that are desperate.
And this is spreading all over the world.
And what do you do about it?
Register domains related to a virus to earn some money (that you will never earn)?
Karma is a bit*h, don't forget about it.

•••
Moving forward. "Tell me on the side". I'd appreciate it. See. Regardless of intent no matter how noble it's the end effect that sticks.

Plus posts that rub people the wrong in thee end falls on deaf ears.

So if the intention is to "help out".

Kinda defeats if the purpose if I "black out" right?

Depending on my blood sugar. It's very easy for me to do so. Even though this is just a forum lol.

I appreciate your help for the most part. But I'm just here to hustle.

Thanks.

Hustle all you want, but this is a public forum. If you post you can expect to get public responses.

Maybe another party will look at the public responses and possibly avoid wasting money.

If you feel so strongly about your investments it should not even really matter what I say.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Was not expecting THAT ONE ATEGY.
FIGURED YOU'D BE WITH EVERYONE ELSE AGAINST ME ON THIS.

lol .. in the end it ALWAYS depends on the specific domains. From there you need to look at the risk to potential reward ratio. Same as when you buy a lotto ticket. When the math becomes favourable then it *could* be a good gamble/investment.

The only reason I got in is because it was all over the news the last 24 hours. Plus what I think could be the public/media name for the virus was available in both .org and .info (the .com was taken 2 hours earlier). I'm guesstamating there's about a 25% chance it ends up being called the name I'm guessing it will be called, then maybe a 50% it continues to spread to the point where it becomes a bigger global concern. So chances are maybe 10% on my domains being relevant. But they are the EMD in .org and .info; and the EMD+Vaccine in .com .. so if that 10% comes to be, because of my low acquisition costs, I'd definitely be making far more than 10x (the minimum break-even for 10%).

Domaining is always about numbers. The problem is that most people aren't good at setting those numbers. Usually most over estimate the probability of sale or the potential multiple/sales price.

If so what's yours? Glad to see you in board.
Not going to say just yet .. if this continues to grow and the math increases, then I might grab a couple more .. so would rather keep my guess secret for now .. I'll definitely tell you in the probable case the media goes with a different name.

Fetching fishes in the trouble water is considered business tactics there days. Very sad.
The thing you need to ask, is who is the likely buyer. In this case it's pharmaceutical companies worth many multiple billions of dollars. Is selling them a domain in the $xx,xxx range going to change the outcome of anybody's health in any way? The answer to that is a clear no.

I'd definitely see things differently if the domains had the potential to hurt people or spread hate, but that isn't the case here.

If anything, one could argue that by holding it for a higher multiple, you're actually ensuring that it goes to an end user who will be serious about how they use the domain. Definitely not a great argument .. but it's the only one on either side I can think of.

•••
•••
Someone bought KungFlu•com Oct 2019

•••
The opportunity I notice with the spread of this virus is the shortage of surgical masks and other protective gear that has already occurred. If a true deadly pandemic were to happen the demand and price for this equipment would be through the roof. Anyone who has inventory would benefit greatly.

I personally think a more generalized name like the ones I registered have more value and use than domains including the term "coronavirus"...

FluEquip.com
PandemicGear.com

I'm sure there are a lot of other great ecomm/affiliate options out there too.

Just sold PandemicGear via Afternic for $2,500 (before commission).

•••
Why? Don´t we talk about healthcare.

Yeah, Im sure thats the reason hes buying names like this :xf.rolleyes:, to set up a healthcare site. Hes out to make a quick buck and thats it. These viruses, diseases, natural disasters etc come and go all the time, this wont be discussed in a month or 2 anyway so its a waste of time.

•••
Hes out to make a quick buck and thats it.
Isn´t this what every domainer does in general?

It would be interesting to discuss the "matured domainer" who benchmarks domains by ethical standards. I fear that there will be not much left then. Adult, gambling; even financial terms aren´t innocent for some.
Nobody likes this Virus or the dead, and to quit regging names cannot avoid the catastrophe.

Domainers are merchants of packaging for popular stuff and traders of the future, aren´t we?
To handreg a domain name can be a sign of sympathy or of protest, too. At least to me it is, sometimes. Such emotional regs may never sell and they do not have to.

I wish they will develop a vaccine soon. This hope for finishing the disease is mirrored in my regs of
coronavirusvac .com
coronavaccine .com
coronavirusvaccine .org
Regarding sales I believe that only the last one in .com has a chance which I don´t own, yes exceptionally a three word domain. Though vaccination against Mexican beer (the second term in the list) is another issue the world urgently needs, saying this being backed by the German Reinheitsgebot of 1516 :xf.cool:. And @Ategy may be right with his statement
it seems "Coronavirus" is more a of wider class categorisation. I'm thinking this version will likely end up with a different non-technical name like "SARS" or "Mad Cow Disease" etc ...

P.S.: DNjournal reports today that ALS.global sold well. I bet someone bought the disease term and not another abbreviation.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why would you want to try and benefit financially from this kind of thing. 😥 nobody is going to want to buy a name like this.
I am unconvinced that anybody can determine intent just because of a registration. There may be reasons unknown why somebody registers names such as these. Maybe they plan on making an information portal or donating it to a related organization. Let's see what the intentions are before putting labels out there.

•••
•••
I am unconvinced that anybody can determine intent just because of a registration. There may be reasons unknown why somebody registers names such as these. Maybe they plan on making an information portal or donating it to a related organization. Let's see what the intentions are before putting labels out there.

Spot on. Could very well be used for a Corona commercial. Catch the Corona virus at the Beach. Something along those lines :)

download.jpeg

Seriously though, this stuff always sells. Lookup other diseases, hurricanes, whatever. Not my niche, but there's money in it.

•••
I think Coronavirus // com was registered back in 2002.

From what little I've researched (admittedly about 15 minutes .. lol), it seems "Coronavirus" is more a of wider class categorisation. I'm thinking this version will likely end up with a different non-technical name like "SARS" or "Mad Cow Disease" etc ...

I actually rushed to grab the .com of what I think could be what ends up being the EMD .. but missed it by about 2 hours!

Then I saw this thread .. and just for the sake of doing something risky with my portfolio I grabbed the .live .org .net and .info bundle all for $21 combined (.com was already taken). I then added my 2nd guess at the potential EMD in .info for $3 (.com and .org were already taken), and the EMD+Vaccine in com for both my 1st and 2nd guess. So $42 all in for 7 domains.

I haven't really gambled with domains in a while, but unfortunately this one looks like it could be big. Hopefully it doesn't spread much more .. but the Google results have changed a bit in the last couple of hours on my EMD guess, so who knows.

I might get one or two more depending on how big this gets .. but I'd be very careful with these types of acquisitions .. if they make up a small part of your portfolio then I think it's fine to have a few big risk with potential big pay-off. More importantly, as mentioned above, even if this does become the next big health scare, most of the domains in question will still be worthless. You really need the exact match in .com, .org and possibly .info (at $3 it's not a bad bet for the potential health EMD in .info, but I wouldn't pay much more). Otherwise there's a very tiny number of EMD+Keyword in .com that could be good. Otherwise I don't really see it.

Bad luck to all of us on this one ... as hopefully it doesn't spread any further! :-/

Last edited:
•••
Noticed in the new NameBio results today that TheVirus just sold in .com for $1569 at GoDaddy.
Bob

•••
Fracking Domainers man.... Will always be followers and squatters...

•••
Hustle all you want, but this is a public forum. If you post you can expect to get public responses.

Maybe another party will look at the public responses and possibly avoid wasting money.

If you feel so strongly about your investments it should not even really matter what I say.

Brad

Agreed. I don't feel "that strong about" anything as a rule. Helps avoid major disappoint. I give everything a try just once see how it goes. Only one to blame is myself.

I did not think much of CoinMena.com.

Actually thought MenaCoin.com was better. And well we all know how that ended.

•••
The thing you need to ask, is who is the likely buyer. In this case it's pharmaceutical companies worth many multiple billions of dollars.
That's often forgot in this conversation. The pharmaceutical giants have made billions on the misfortunes of sickness and diseases. In defense of them, they spend billions on research and development. Without the R & D there would be no medicines or cures available. There would be nothing to discuss.

So, if pharmaceutical giants can make billions, why can't a domain investor make a profit? After all, the pharmaceutical giants have huge marketing departments with nearly unlimited budgets.

Someone will sell a domain for profit in this niche. Some pharmaceutical company will profit in this niche. That's reality.

(Disclaimer - My past work history includes working for the world's largest biotech/pharmaceutical company. These conversations are frequent and there is passion on both sides. Be respectful of each other and let's hope theres a stop to this virus soon.)

•••
Sorry @gilescoley we've been cool before. I've liked several of your threads in the past.

No big deal, we are still cool, I just dont agree with people trying to make a few $$ out of other people's misfortunes, thats all

1 coronavirus.info GoDaddy.com, LLC 13 Jul 2016 13 Jul 2016 13 Jul 2017
2 coronavirus.com Uniregistrar Corp - - -
3 coronavirus.org Mesh Digital Limited 27 Sep 2010 20 Sep 2017 27 Sep 2018
4 coronavirus.net Webfusion Ltd. 15 May 2018 15 May 2018 15 May 2019
5 coronavirus.co.uk The Registry at Info Avenue, LLC d/b/a Spirit Comm… 15 May 2018 15 May 2018 15 May 2019
6 coronavirus.care 1&1 Internet AG 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2021
7 coronavirus.watch Google, Inc. 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
8 coronavirusmers.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 13 Jun 2015 13 Jun 2015 13 Jun 2016
9 coronavirusinfection.com PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com 17 Jun 2015 17 Jun 2015 17 Jun 2016
10 coronavirus-faq.com EPAG Domainservices GmbH 15 Jul 2015 1 Nov 2015 15 Jul 2016
11 coronaviruswipes.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 29 May 2013 29 May 2015 29 May 2017
12 coronavirusvaccine.com Dynadot, LLC 18 Jan 2020 18 Jan 2020 18 Jan 2021
13 coronaviruses.com Rebel.com Corp. 20 Dec 2006 19 Jan 2017 20 Dec 2017
14 coronavirusdx.com HiChina Zhicheng Technology Limited 11 Jan 2020 13 Jan 2020 11 Jan 2021
15 coronaviruspcr.com HiChina Zhicheng Technology Limited 11 Jan 2020 13 Jan 2020 11 Jan 2021
16 coronavirusmdx.com HiChina Zhicheng Technology Limited 11 Jan 2020 13 Jan 2020 11 Jan 2021
17 coronavirustreatment.com NameCheap, Inc. 17 Jan 2020 - 17 Jan 2021
18 coronavirusprevention.com NameCheap, Inc. 17 Jan 2020 - 17 Jan 2021
19 coronavirussymptoms.com NameCheap, Inc. 17 Jan 2020 - 17 Jan 2021
20 coronavirusmask.com NameCheap, Inc. 17 Jan 2020 - 17 Jan 2021
21 coronavirussupport.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 18 Jan 2020 18 Jan 2020 18 Jan 2022
22 coronaviruscure.com NameCheap, Inc. 19 Jan 2020 - 19 Jan 2021
23 coronavirus2020.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2021
24 coronavirusinfo.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2021
25 coronavirusfacemask.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2021
26 coronavirus-mask.com NameCheap, Inc. 20 Jan 2020 - 20 Jan 2021
27 coronavirushelp.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2021
28 coronavirusforum.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2020 19 Jan 2021
29 coronavirus2019.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
30 coronavirusworld.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
31 coronavirus20.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
32 coronavirus-vaccines.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2021
33 coronavirus-info.com 1&1 Internet AG 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2021
34 coronavirus19.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
35 coronavirustalk.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
36 coronavirustest.com Google, Inc. 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
37 coronavirusnews.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
38 coronavirusimmunity.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
39 coronavirusvaccines.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2020 20 Jan 2021
40 coronavirustrack.com PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021
41 coronavirusdrug.com GoDaddy.com, LLC 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2020 21 Jan 2021

Unbelievable, do they really think they will benefit from these.lol

I don't think the registrant for coronavirus.info received a comment from you yet for that domain I don't think?

No youre right, probably because I have not the seen the thread yet.

Who would buy it? there are certain websites example WN.com that registers and probably buys "trending" keywords.

Email them and try sell them a CoronaVirus name and see what they say?? :xf.smile:

•••
Agreed. It isn't right. But it is the ugly truth.

Nice job on CureCancer.org. as I have not sold a .org yet I can't really comment or relate but by example on NP I do see myself perhaps doing the same. One day.

I am the guy who when I go from Jersey to New York guaranteed I'll end up with minus $10 to maybe $20 from my wallet just from giving $1 to every homeless (are they homeless or hustling?) or panhandler or musician on the street.

There seems to be more of them these days.

and it seems the "script" these days is

"Can you spare a $1?" Not " can you spare some change?

And then of course if you don't give. You get the.

"God Bless you."

I've had conversations with "professional" panhandlers. They always say it's their way of saying FU. and maybe they give money out of guilt.

It's no surprise I'm so cynical sometimes.

Maybe it's where I live?

Maybe if I lived where some of you guys live at with fresh mountain air and beaches and flowers and Birkenstocks lol I might end up a better person.

But I'm a New Yorker. Born and raised. Well Jersey now. But New Yorker nonetheless. We do things differently here.

So anyone else with a Coronavirus domain?

Anyone?
Nope , and I dont think you will sell any at all. These things dont work like this

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back