Dynadot

new gtlds What are your '.best' domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,
We know, one registrant has launch great discount for registering new '.best' (dot best).
My knowledge is very limited about this extension. But I have tried to register some new names. Such as:

cap.best
bat.best
ham.best
dew.best
nap.best
tan.best
yap.best
night.best
morning.best

So What are yours?
And, Anyone can help me (or us) to explain how about the future prospects of this extension (dot best) for global market?

Thank you...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Good luck but keep in mind by comparison I had 21,300 visits without a sale :( and 1 inquiry ($20)
Thanks! Hm, that's not great, good luck to you, too!

•••
I know you can already pre-register but does someone know the date of the official launch of The.Best social network? I am hoping that may spur some sales through greater exposure of the extension.
Bob

Hi just to give you in exclusivity a short pre-notice about THE.Best (Note that this can swipe a little bit as usual)

- Beginning October: Formal .Best communication on strategy & executions (after 1 Year acquisition)

Then :

- 10 October 2019: Presentation of THE.Best social network app + website at OVHCLOUD SUMMIT in PARIS
- 2-8 November 2019: Presentation of THE.Best social network app + website at ICANN66 SUMMIT in MONTREAL
- 15 November 2019: THE.Best app - Onboarding of Friends and Family Early Adopters
- 29 November 2019: .Best BLACK FRIDAY with Registrars
- 1-31 December 2019: Promotion on .Best multi-year renewals for registrants
- 15 January 2020: THE.Best app - Onboarding of first Influencers & Early Adopters
- March 2020 : THE.Best app in Apple App store + Google Play.
- 25-29 April 2020: Presentation of THE.Best social network app + website at the INTA SUMMIT in Singapore
- May 2020: THE.Best Roadshow
- 22-25 June 2020: Presentation of THE.Best social network app + website at COLLISION CONF in TORONTO
- November 2020: Presentation of THE.Best social network app + website on centr stage at WEB SUMMIT in LISBON.

So basically, THE.Best app should be public in March (Exact date still TBD).

Time for us to be at 100k .Best live domains and time for brands to protect and block their name before the launch of THE.Best social network.

App is ready. Countdown is on!

So stay tuned with our existing social medias and pretty soon a formal communication on our .Best global strategy and executions will be made officially.

Note that innovation at scale that we are going to put in the market has never be done before, neither in the domain industry or in the social network industry. We will give a social media account usage to all .Best domains. And Usage is the key to give value to domains - nothing else.

In the timeframe, I stay at your disposal for any questions regarding THE.Best social network & .Best domains.

All the .Best
CF

•••
•••
I bet on GoDaddy... The most effective method proven for years... and you can feel it in your pocket... Other ways are good but gain from them is little...

Sorry Jurgen but I am really confused about your last 8 posts on this subject and have no idea what you are talking about O_o:unsure: Can you explain please?

Last edited:
•••
What should be explained???
Clearly stated that without .best promotion on GD main page - too little chances to meet any endusers.

•••
Clearly stated that without .best promotion on GD main page - too little chances to meet any endusers.

Do you mean on the front new registration page? So .best should pay Godaddy for that, right? Is it costly?
I always assumed GD rotates various tld positioning possibly free based on the promo in effect that day/week, cost appeal and attractiveness of the extension maybe based in part on the word(s) before the dot making sense with the ext.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, all registries (TLDs) you see on GD main page - must pay to GD for this pleasure... including Verisign.

•••
The same on Dynadot etc.
They place only those TLD banners on their main page - which are PAID.

•••
Regarding Afilias TLDs...
This registry sometimes pays only for their .info
Afilias usually doesn't spend any money to promote their other TLDs like .PRO

•••
The same on Dynadot etc.
They place only those TLD banners on their main page - which are PAID.

Of course, I realize banners would be costly and pre-PAID but I was referring to the various extensions shown when they say "Taken.... Here are some great alternatives"

Which total 42 on one I just looked up.

Last edited:
•••
TLD ranking in Dynadot search results is also paid.
Even their LiveChat representative confirmed yesterday.

•••
And I'm almost sure, that @Sedo TLD ranking is paid as well.

•••
So I assume the 42 alternatives in my GD example are all displayed free but banners are not free?

Maybe more orders come via the alternatives list because banners have a very poor CTR.

Last edited:
•••
Each registrar has individual rebates from registries...
Who more, who less... These relations are very internal and non-public.

•••
There is very precise Sicilian word to describe all these domain relations: MAFIA

•••
Donuts purchased name.com
So they have even their own registrar.

•••
I have not been on Namepros much last couple of days so belatedly wanted to thank you for the superb detail re what is yet known re rollout @Cyril.Best. Glad to see that the Collision Conference in Toronto is on your list. If something comes along that you are doing an event in western Canada let me know.

Thanks again,
Bob

•••
Last edited:
•••

Hi Jurgen,

As a classical registry, I would probably confirm your words that being on the home page at GD is the best. (by the way, we have a good and strong relationship with GD since our acquisition. They made a lot of effort to support us in our pricing transition).

That says, I want everybody here to understand that it's not/will not be our game.

I mean, the game for us will not to be on GD home page or any other registrar home (even if actually, of course, it helps to develop the .Best registration from that time as THE.Best social network is not yet live).

The game for us is to be on all App store Homepage. Apple app store & Google Play coz in a few weeks now, we will start to give a .Best domain to each user of our social network = to each user that will download THE.Best app and register.

I explain it earlier, the .Best game is THE.Best.

Our strategy is not to sell domains to domainers. Our strategy is to create a link between the domain name industry and the social network industry that will benefit to a full ecosystem of registrants including 3B social media users + domainers.

Means also that .Best Domainers have to change their internal software to understand that each .Best domain will be mainly used as a social media account (not as a website).

I tell you this: all TLDs that are not focusing on the usage of their TLD are collapsing and WILL DIE on a short or mid-term. Simply coz all domains bought without a real usage will not be renewed.

And it's already happening. When I am looking at our stats, I not only see that .Best is going up but also that others TLDs around us are going down because after 3 years without any usage of their TLDs, registrants are not renewing their domains anymore.

I say it before already but none will replace the .com in terms of usage for a website for instance.

And I am good with that coz this is absolutely not our strategy.

If you want to win the game as a new registry, you have to develop your own box, not just "think out of the box". In all fields, in all businesses, it's the same, usage is the game! and usage at scale is success.

You can buy cheap domains or renew cheap domains but if at the end of the day, if there is no usage, you will lose your money.

Hope it helps to better understand our .Best strategy.

Freundschaften,

CF

Last edited:
•••
•••
YouKnow.Best

To be 100% complete, here is what I know :
- None will replace the dotcom in terms of website usage (and we never want to).
- There is 145M dotcom domains VS +2B Facebook social media users
- There is 100M domain registrants VS +3B social media users
- There is 100K new dotcom registration per day VS 1M new social media users per day
- VeriSign revenue for the twelve months ending June 30, 2019 was $1.226B , a 3.05% increase Y2Y
- Facebook revenue for the twelve months ending June 30, 2019 was $62.604B, a 29.09% increase Y2Y
- Domain name average revenue per user is $8
- Social media average revenue per user is $28
- The .Best game is THE.Best social network
- THE.Best social network is the biggest innovation at scale in the domain name industry since 2012.

•••
•••
Thus far in 7 mos out of 22,000 unique visitors only received 1 offer for $20 :( and finally this week got offer of $100 :) on another dot-best

When I messaged him accepting the offer he replies he is not ready to buy it yet but possibly will in a couple weeks :(

I don't appreciate someone making an offer to buy today but not doing it. It's an example of the bad luck I had with dot-best and why at this time I plan to renew only 2.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back