IT.COM

What are the taxes in India for selling domain name overseas???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

classicdom

Established Member
Impact
Just wanted to know the tax liability if you are a domainer from india and want to sell domains to the buyers abroad.

It would be really helpful to get some insight.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi There,

Please can anybody help in this matter?

•••
TDS, DTAA, IT etc. But more realistically, you need to contact a CA who can provide this details to you with authority and accuracy. A forum is not the right place to get this information and with complete accuracy

•••
Thanks a lot for answering and helping.

please can you also tell if we need to pay GST? or showing it in capital gain only is good enough(only income tax)?

I think as we are selling a product so GST needs to be paid ! If i'm right then whats the GST rate on selling domain? Also do i need to register a company/firm for that?

Do i also need to take export licence? but i think as their is no physical product involved so it is not an export technically !

Please can you clarify these doubts which i have ?

Thanks

•••
please can you also tell if we need to pay GST? or showing it in capital gain only is good enough(only income tax)?
I really can't answer because it depends on the specific transaction. In your original post, you mentioned that you're selling to buyers outside India. So in this case, GST should not apply. TDS might be applicable in some cases but it depends on the country of the buyer.

I think as we are selling a product so GST needs to be paid ! If i'm right then whats the GST rate on selling domain? Also do i need to register a company/firm for that?
See previous response. GST rate is 18%. You do not need to register a company/firm

Do i also need to take export licence? but i think as their is no physical product involved so it is not an export technically !
No

Important disclaimer: I'm not a CA, I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of tax laws applicable (or not). Please consult with a CA. I hold no responsibility to the accuracy or comprehensibility of my answers

•••
Ok thanks alot. Appreciate your help and your point of view. Thanks again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back