NameSilo

discuss What am I doing wrong !?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
i have a number of domains, many of which I think are decent names & am asking what I believe to be sensible prices, if not in some cases giving them away. The problem is, despite having listed them on numerous marketplaces, promoted them on here there and everywhere, I'm struggling to sell them !?

I see other sales of what seem to be bizzare, even worthless names that go for $xxx or $xxxx ! Arrrgghh

I have most listed here under fixed price listings, if anyone wish to comment on them, I'd appretiate some feedback !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domaining can be a huge waiting game...it can take years for the right person/company to come along or to be reached with outbound. I too have some great names at crazy low prices without buyers (rather I should have said 'had' as I have pulled all of my pre-pricing except on the few names I have already quoted).

It all depends on your goals...some are happy buying a domain for $8 and selling for $100 and others are waiting for the higher number a good domain is truly worth.

Create attractive landing pages so when someone does a direct type in or they respond to your outbound, it will be easy for them to make an inquiry.

•••
I agree with Mister Funky. Landing pages and look for end users for example your yacht names. Simply typing your names into Google can help locate end users. Your names are long generic and niche specific. If you want to sell it faster you can try looking for end users.

While I find your prices reasonable some people here don't even want to pay $100 which I always find interesting because they'd often pay around that if it dropped or went to auction.

Nonetheless everyone has a budget and domainers do not all spend alike and are looking for as low as they can get it as a rule. I guess what I am trying to say is don't let the marketplace get you down.

Last edited:
•••
I must said, domain product are quite unique! different from other product! if we want to sell product non domain,, all we have to do is promote using adwords and find golden keywords! with in few hour or day, we can make sales! but different with domain! targeted end user, related keywords, sometime not working! :xf.grin: for some ppl it could work! though, it will not work all the time! because the question is, why they have to buy our domain, meanwhile they already have domain name ? :xf.grin:

some ppl want to upgrade into shorter name, but not always, and also they want lower price since they don't need it so bad! so if some ppl said outbound useless and can decrease domain price, actually they are right! but problems is, if we do nothing we can't make sales, since most all of us getting domain from expired! :xf.grin: (history will repeat) basically domain biz are quite tricky!

Last edited:
•••
What am I doing wrong !?

from the looks of those names,
it appears you followed the wrong advice or went about choosing names, simply based on previous sales data, without considering any other factors.

imo....

•••
This is a tough business. Sometimes you have to be proactive regarding sales and put them on auction marketplaces.

Lower ROI but good for cashflow.

-Omar

•••
Thanks for all the comments folks ! Lokks like a bit of price revision & back to the drawing board !

•••
Ok, prices revised, time to adopt a new strategy & hopefully get some sales under my belt !?

•••
Even if you have good names, you should be prepared to be patient and wait. It often takes years until you get the first inbound inquiry. And if you have bad names then it's not patience you need but questioning the portfolio.
It's not like you are the only one NOT making sales, everyone is struggling.

Last edited:
•••
Keep in mind that we are all domainers here and if we buy a domain from you here, it will generally be with intention to re-sell, so it's reasonable to assume that we must leave room for re-sale.

All that said, and as far as my own sales (I have not even tried to sell at namepros yet), I have quoted fair market for my domains this month, all supported by comparables, and then one sold for five figures at full asking, rest still the offers are not quite high enough but getting there. It takes time.

Last month I had many sales, but the one bigger one this month was more than enough even if nothing else had sold this month that one would have been enough.

Last edited:
•••
I think you should put your domains on auctions on GD or here .. start very low and get whatever you can from them. Redo until they sell or expire. Do not renew any of them.

Then, start buying different names :

- Shorter (maximum 12-13 characters)
- One or two words
- No dash, no "i" before 2-key words.

BTW (I am a non-english person) what does " flya " mean?

•••
You will really make your best domaining when you are not thinking about the sales. But first do what @Dominic Belley says. And then ''forget'' your names and enjoy the life. Just check your e-mail box once a week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back