NameSilo

advice Weird negotiation on SEDO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What do you think is going on in the scenario pictured below? What do you think my next offer should be?

(I will likely be offline for the next couple of hours in case I don't answer any questions you have promptly).

Screenshot_20200128-135330.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That negotiation screenshot for that domain was a joke from the very first bid (not to mention the following offers and counter offers).

Good to see that the OP has finally revealed that he was just dancing with the seller :)

Last edited:
•••
By the way, when I find one of my domains listed for sale at Sedo by someone else (most likely by the previous owner), I upload the TXT DNS record for the domain, and send a message to Sedo, letting them know about it.
Usually they remove the previous domain listing and approve my listing in a few hours.

•••
I'm guessing that the "seller", who no longer owned the name, didn't want the sale to go through, so he just responded with crazy numbers to ensure he didn't sell something he didn't own.

As others have pointed out, unless the NFL are the ones buying this name, it would be a TM risk.

•••
Years ago I listed a domain at SEDO, but I forgot. A buyer came to me, and I did not know how he knew I was the owner. Private sale made. Weeks ago, I found the domain is still on sale on SEDO. Lol. I tried to login to my account and removed the sale. Marketplace website should do live checking on the DNS/TXT to make sure that the owner still wants to put the domain on sale.

•••
Why is it hard for this person to simply delete the name from their account when it only takes 3 seconds to do so? What is this person gaining from pissing off potential buyers by making silly counter-offers on a name they don't own?

If someone agrees to buy it from then for $5m, then they go buy it from the real owner for $100, deliver it to the buyer, and score a profit of over $4m.

•••
I'm guessing that the "seller", who no longer owned the name, didn't want the sale to go through, so he just responded with crazy numbers to ensure he didn't sell something he didn't own.

As others have pointed out, unless the NFL are the ones buying this name, it would be a TM risk.

That's what it looked like in the end! 😂 He kept increasing his counter to make me back out. Unfortunately, I thought he was nuts or something. He should have sent a custom message from right from his initial counter-offer!

As per TM, I find there are quite a number of redzone names registered, and available for sale on Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
I guess anything can happen. Quite bizarre.

•••
if you like futbol or football domains I got some for sale. Dm me. ty.

•••
Why in the world would anybody even make such rediculous offer in the first place .... no offense buddy ... but the domain is crap ... why would you ever ... unless of course the domain was expired and I registered it and now are playing games with the former owner , who couldn't remove it in time ...everyone knows that sedo does not allow to remove a domain while there is an offer on it and sedo fies not allow just cancel the negotiations unless you make a counter offer first .... so I Tell you exactly what I see here ... two little children who have nothing better to do than playing silly little games on the computer and waisting everyone's time !

Shame at you !

•••
Your mistake was offering so much the first time. He knows that you really want the not-so-great name.

Last edited:
•••
•••

Interesting ....... 😂

I bid in the auction for this name and I believe I lost to the person who started that thread you referenced. Couple of days later, the name appeared in my account with less than the usual 72 hours to pay for it (I think). I paid for it.

If your payment doesn't come through within the stipulated time, I guess your auction win is cancelled and name offered to the 'runner up'. That's what happened in this scenario.

•••
Missed your username, Ryan.

Hi Ryan,

Pls, DM me as regards this name (if you still want it), and let's see what we can do together.

•••
01/28/20

Your Offer : 1,200.000 USD :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
All the marketplaces need to clean up their act. I get messages from Sedo indicating they are doing maintenance removals of old listings we had.
They have the worst support as do most of the marketplaces.
Not to mention most are actually competing against you without being transparent about it.
Godaddy is one of the worst just check out Godaddy owned names at namefind.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back