domain Weedomatic.com --->Brandable MJ domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Weedomatic, catchy cool and sounds like a great name for a quick automated online MJ dispensary. I could definitely see this name being branded in the future.

Let me know your thoughts.

Slader

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice brandable in a booming industry. I think the domain is a cut above most I see. Nice job.

Establishing a value is not easy but you shouldn't sell it cheap. To the right end user, could be $x,xxx.

•••
•••
The "weed" names don't seem to be as popular as the "canna" and "cannabis" names.

Also, when using "automatic" to combine with another word, it generally seems to be more preferable to go with "matic" instead of "omatic" (i.e. Weedmatic may be the better choice, but alas... registered).

On top of that, Namebio doesn't have any recorded sales in the past couple years for a "weed" brandable that isn't strictly weed+word. So perhaps the market isn't into the word combos quite yet.

I'd be happy to sell it between $100-$200, but maybe if you hang onto it for a few years it'll become more desirable.

•••
The "weed" names don't seem to be as popular as the "canna" and "cannabis" names.

Also, when using "automatic" to combine with another word, it generally seems to be more preferable to go with "matic" instead of "omatic" (i.e. Weedmatic may be the better choice, but alas... registered).

On top of that, Namebio doesn't have any recorded sales in the past couple years for a "weed" brandable that isn't strictly weed+word. So perhaps the market isn't into the word combos quite yet.

I'd be happy to sell it between $100-$200, but maybe if you hang onto it for a few years it'll become more desirable.
Thanks for your opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Just slap a sticker on a coffee grinder and start selling a product.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Oh and BTW, the nicknames for marijuana vary by region. Where I'm from in Canada its called mainly called weed, bud or piff in order of frequency. We don't call MJ, canna here. It might be different for older people but for people 18-24, in my area code its called weed.

Last edited:
•••
As you can see there is a very clear trend.

yAzlj2f.png

•••
•••
Don't write off 'weed' names. I've sold a bunch within the past couple of years.

Having said that, aiming for a dispensary isn't necessarily the right move. You won't find many dispensaries that are willing to use the word 'weed' in their branding. There are other options though.. an instructional site for aspiring growers? A grow product?

•••
Don't write off 'weed' names. I've sold a bunch within the past couple of years.

Having said that, aiming for a dispensary isn't necessarily the right move. You won't find many dispensaries that are willing to use the word 'weed' in their branding. There are other options though.. an instructional site for aspiring growers? A grow product?

Which ones have you sold?

•••
Which ones have you sold?

I don't generally publicize my sales, as I've learned that as soon as I do, the new owner gets hammered with solicitation emails.

I will say that one of my biggest sales to date in this particular niche was CaliWeed.com. Had a deal in place for a little over $2000 a few years ago with a guy who bailed after the escrow was set up. I put it up on Afternic, and it sold for $5000 in Oct 2015.

•••
And I'm definitely not advocating writing them off. Just pointing out that Namebio research shows a lower overall price and frequency of sales for "weed" names versus "canna" names.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back