IT.COM

Website Concerns

NameSilo
Watch

Roshaw

Established Member
Impact
What would be the basic elements needed in starting a New Website?
Ex of best:
Website Builders
Hosting Company's
Tools
Forums
WordPress etc..
I'm in process of starting a clothing line. I need to know what would be the basic functions for it to be appealing. Or if there are any Entrepreneurs out there that could give me good advice on starting one and what made it successful. I'm open to all opinions because honestly I'm new to this. What better way to find out than conversate with those who have been there and done that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are looking to build an online store, the simplest solution may be to use a hosted ecommerce platform like

Volusion
Shopify
BigCommerce

This would allow you to focus more on the business and less on the website. Make sure you use your own domain name so that you can change course later if needed.

If you are doing hand made type clothing, an Etsy store seems to be all the rage these days.

If you want to build and host your own, Wordpress is a great tool and you can find lots of ecommerce templates or designers. For a single website, Hostgator or Bluehost have reasonable hosting plans.

Make sure you register your domain through a normal registrar and not through a hosting company.

•••
If you are looking to build an online store, the simplest solution may be to use a hosted ecommerce platform like

Volusion
Shopify
BigCommerce

This would allow you to focus more on the business and less on the website. Make sure you use your own domain name so that you can change course later if needed.

If you are doing hand made type clothing, an Etsy store seems to be all the rage these days.

If you want to build and host your own, Wordpress is a great tool and you can find lots of ecommerce templates or designers. For a single website, Hostgator or Bluehost have reasonable hosting plans.

Make sure you register your domain through a normal registrar and not through a hosting company.
See now that's the type of help I'm looking for. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back