Dynadot

Need Website Host Recommendations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
I need a new host that will be good for a new website (described below). "Reviews" online are usually nothing but affiliate links and dated material. Can you recommend a host?

What I Will Have:
- A social website (hopefully lots of user interaction, not just a static website)
- The targeted audience is in the thousands, but realistically I'd be happy with a few hundred for the first year or so.
- The targeted audience is in the US
- Website will be using Wordpress & BuddyPress with many plugins.
- https
- I might make it optionally paid membership, but I'm not sure if I will (Anyone here good with Paid Membership Pro? I can't figure out where to put shortcode to get badges to show up next to usernames.)

Here's What I Need:
- Fast! Supporting WordPress website with many plugins. (I hate slow sites.)
- US based servers (to help speed)
- Cost around $20/mo
- Decent support
- Good amount of bandwidth & HDD space (I don't really know what I will need, but users can upload images)
- Would love it if it came with free SSL (and setup)
- Fast (did I mention that already?)
- Would love it to support "add on" domains
- Preferrably CPanel, but not a must

Anyway, recommendations are needed. I appreciate your help. And, if you have any experience with Paid Memberships Pro, please let me know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SiteGround / WPEngine..

Currently I'm with SiteGround.. so far so good..

•••
I've heard great things about WPEngine. Unfortunately, they are out of my budget. I'll look into SiteGround. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back