NameSilo

'Website builders' - how to monetize these sites? Is it possible?

Labeled as question in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization started by Maestro88, Sep 11, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Maestro88

Maestro88 Established Member

I dont have the necessary skills to code a site at the moment so am thinking about launching a small site or 2 using Wordpress of GD website builder.

If I was to use the latter is it possible to monetise it, and if so, how?

Thanks
    M88

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

A large portion of the internet run on Wordpress, so yes you can absolutely monetize "these sites" (you never mentioned which they are).

3. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, it is possible to monetize a small site
    You can do one or a few of the following things,
    1. Sell Banner Space,
    2. Affiliate Marketing,
    3. Pay-per-click (PPC) Ads,
    4. In-text Ads,
    5. Write Product Reviews.,
    6. Sell a Digital Product,

4. Maestro88

Maestro88 Established Member

I was referring to the latter - sites built using a Website Builder such as that on Godaddy.

5. .X.

.X. Name It Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I use wix to mess with and have fun on, you can monetize to your hearts desire, even encoding and imbedding, it is not that hard to seo a any website really, if Google will stop making policy changes every other week, it would be much easier though.

My big sites, I am using wordpress, I can do the same monetizing, rather it's a small site builder like wix,weebly and ect,

6. briguy

Totally forgot..here my opinion, you are using a few site, now if you thinks of it, as "free advertising space", you realize that putting your domains for sale is monetizing your site!

I would develop traffic (social media etc), set aside some money, move to my own hosting and then worry about monetizing..

7. dnk

dnk Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It is very difficult to get any advertisers

8. viniproject09

viniproject09 Upgraded Member Blue Account

You can even use blogger to monetize your website. It's always good to add some content as well and bring inbound and outbound link for better domain ranking.

9. briguy

From personal experience, read what niche is allowed on blogger!

Lost a big traffic blog because of "promote illegal substances" (Cannabis) ,the blog was mostly image of cannabis strains BUT one posting had a "price guide" of a strain (different states/provinces) , blog (backlinks.traffic) gone over night!

10. JayT

JayT Active Member VIP

Use wordpress...

Get some organic traffic first! If you can get 20+ visits per day, then it's worth looking at ads. Adding ads is real easy regardless. As for how profitable or how much conversion you will get, that depends on your niche. you can check out cj.com to start. Related services might offer affiliate ads to you directly too.

11. briguy

12. .X.

.X. Name It Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hmmm, I think in the future I will rebuild name feature on my own server that my other sites are on, to get the advertising off of wix I think you have to pay like $11 a month, will see I guess, I just wanted to throw up a small portfolio site that didn’t need any coding, but I don’t really dig paying $7 a month at wix and not getting any commission if someone signs up and builds a site, nice hustle on their part, but they aren’t going to share any revenue with me, greedy bastards LoL

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!